“Expensive”

Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Price range: US$26 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Feast on USDA Prime 42-day dry aged steaks, succulent cold water lobster, gourmet desserts and more. Dining at Copper Rock Steakhouse is an experience like no other.450 wines available by the bottle and glass!Stop by the bar in Copper Rock Steakhouse for pre-dinner martinis, or an after-dinner cognacCopper Rock guests must be 21 years of age to dine.
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Now I knew it was not going to be cheap but the menu outside had a 3 course meal featured. After a long day of visiting wineries we needed a good meal so in we went. While looking at the menu I could not find the 3 course meal featured outside. I asked about it and they said it was not available on Saturdays even though it did not say that outside. We still stayed and the food was really good but pricey for a place inside a casino.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have been to Copper Rock several times now. The restaurant resides in the heart of the Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo, Michigan. New Buffalo is a quaint little Lake Michigan harbor town nestled in the south west of Michigan near the Indiana border. The food was fabulous and the service excellent and well above expectations. It is super expensive for the locale and a meal for two can exceed $150.00 easily with drinks. Kinda noisy and you have to pass thru the heavy smokers at the slots.

1  Thank MstrMstr
Reviewed 4 May 2013

As good as my first trip here was, this time was a miss. Everything was good, but my medium rare porterhouse was served medium. This may not seem like much but for a dry aged steak it kills the flavor. You come to expect this at chain steakhouses, at high-end places it should never be served. Everything else was fine, but this was a disappointment. I will return because my first trip was exceptional and I know they are capable of much better.

Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Copper Rock Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your feedback on your second experience with us. We would like to discuss this with you--can you email your contact information to social@fourwindscasino.com? Thank you!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Four of us had dinner here on a Saturday night -- the guys loved their beef choices (prime rib; steak), the gals loved their fish entrees. The kitchen is open so you can see it from the dining room, and it was clear to us that the staff was not exactly hustling. Very very long wait after we got our drinks. Our waiter was apologetic but we knew it wasn't his fault.

You are paying high-end prices for this place (most side dishes are extra and run about $6 to $8 each), there is no excuse for bad kitchen management.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I won over $200 on the slots in the casino, so we decided to splurge at the Copper Rock. We had already eaten dinner, so we just decided to have dessert and share a bottle of Wine.

The wine selection was phenomenal and so were the desserts! I cannot vouch for the actual dinner entrees, but we saw many of them being served and all looked delicious.