“Bad staff in Breakfast area !”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Beautiful hotel, nice room, but get to breakfast EARLY, cause the lady in the breakfast area, comes out and announces at 10:00 am, she is taking the breakfast away, she don't care if there is anyone in line ! And she takes the plates, bowls and cutlery first, so bring your own ! Then she takes away the food first, even though there is about 10 people waiting in line , so my mom goes to the front desk and they said that this lady has been told to stop, so mom says something to her and she glares at mom and she continued to take the food away and still had to pass out plates, bowls and cutlery to the people who needed stuff cause she had put it all away !! : ((( So EAT EARLY or you won't GET FOOD !! : ))))0

Room Tip: Make sure they are by the elevator, large tall hotel !!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I totally apologize for this and I am disappointed in my staff for not taking care of you properly. I appreciate the nice comments about our hotel, but if our service is lacking than we did not do our job. I hope you give us another chance when you return to the area. If you could please contact me I would appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding block. The hotel was easily accessible from the highway and an easy drive to the beach.

Our room was clean and updated. Our bathroom was clean but the tub would not drain water quickly and during a shower, water would fill up to your ankles.

The breakfast was tasty with lots of options, but there never seemed to be enough seating and some tables could have been cleaned a little better.

Overall, our stay was pleasant and we would likely return if we got a good rate.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank battles01
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. Thanks for the complinemts about our clean rooms, however I do apologize about your tub drain being slow. That is an error on our part. I see that your stay was in June 2013; I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and give me a call so we can take care of you.

Thanks.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I got 2 rooms over the past weekend ...Expedia somehow didn't send the reservation..Erik was more then accommodating and hooked us up with another one at a great price.. great service.. Rest of staff was top notch...Clean, comfortable - Great couple nights of sleep..Continental breakfast better then most..Pool is a little small but that's just being picky.. Will stay again !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank timpopdetroit

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I do remember this; and I am just glad that I could help you with this inconvenience. If we do not take care of our guests then you will go somewhere else. I really appreciate the kind words about our hotel and I hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great property. Easy access to the freeway and convenient. The breakfast was great and always filled. The property was very clean. The staff was accommodating and friendly. They offer a shuttle to the local casino but unfortunately did not have time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa L

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel..It sounds like you enjoyed your stay as well as our free breakfast. It is good to hear that your room met your expectations. Come visit us again so you can take advantage of the shuttle to the Casino.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was a very pleasant stay. Staff were courteous. Lobby area very clean. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast is typical "continental free", but clean and hot. We stayed here and drove the very short distance to Four Winds Casino. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ignore the room service "accidental" button push!!! There isn't room service!
2  Thank sallyr399
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi Sally,

Thank you for the nice comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with a clean and friendly place to stay while you were in town. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for one night. Fourth floor room. Good size rooms, comfortable beds, clean. However, the water in the bath (at 6:30am) was barely warm enough to take a shower. Upon checkout, told the manager Eric about this. We were very nice about it. He really didn't seem to care.....Just about blew us off....Likely won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with hot water.....

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. First let me offer you my sincere apology, we pride ourselves in taking care of our guests to the highest level and to hear this means that we did not do that. I am sorry that you did not have enough hot water and that your stay was not up to your expectations. I hope that the next time you are in the area you give us another chance.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was looking for a nice hotel in the Michigan City/New Buffalo area for our anniversary as we planned to visit the two area casinos. I am so happy that I picked Fairfield Inn and Suites in New Buffalo. As soon as we arrived we were greeted very warmly at the front desk. Our room was beautiful, clean and modern. We had gotten a whirlpool tub to celebrate the special occasion and it was a very big, comfortable tub for two. We had lots of pillows and a very comfortable bed. On top of everything else they had a very nice, full breakfast the next morning until 10:00 with the usual cereal, bagels and fruit, but also scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and waffles! We usually just take the edge off with hotel complimentary breakfasts...but this filled us up for hours! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was the perfect place to stay for our anniversary and I have no doubt we will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Their whirlpool suites are wonderful for special occasions
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the nice comments and for choosing our hotel for your special occasion! It's an honor that we gave you the experience that you had hoped for your anniversary weekend. Our Jacuzzi rooms are a great choice for a get-a-way and I am happy that your room met your expectations. It sounds like our free hot and cold breakfast was an added plus also.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Buffalo
Hampton Inn La Porte
#1 of 7 in LaPorte
24 mi away
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!