“Nice stay, nice staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Have stayed here several times in the past. Always a clean room. Always very pleasant staff. The breakfast is not only free, it is much better than one might anticipate given how such breakfasts are at other places. No hesitation in recommending the Fairfield in New Buffalo, MI

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the interstate, although the staff usually does th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and for always staying here when you visit New Buffalo. Your loyalty is truly appreciated. Hopefully we will see again soon.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Only stayed one night. This hotel was spotless....A two minute drive to downtown New Buffalo and the beach. Complimentary hot breakfast (waffle making machine too). Nice small pool and hot tub. McDonalds is in walking distance. Workout room (three treadmills). No frig or micro in standard room. It will cost you more than double the price to stay on the lake. Free WiFi.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your comments. Hopefully next time you can stay longer than one night. It sounds like you still had time to enjoy New Buffalo, the beach, and our hotel amenities ( free hot breakfast and indoor pool).
Thanks again for your response and we hope to see you next time your in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here two years in a row. Rooms are clean and modern. The breakfast is plentiful and free. Within driving distance of multiple beaches. Close to Four Winds Casino with free shuttle. The indoor pool was nice and the outdoor patio next to the pool was great.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Details4

Hello,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I see that you have stayed here two years in a row. Hopefully we can make that streak never end. I agree with your quote, I wish our hotel was located on Lake Michigan too. Thank you for your business and let me know when you need your next reservation here.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our Family stayed at Fairfield for our daughters wedding weekend and Justin and Erik made sure our stay was perfect. Wonderful location great staff and the complimentary breakfast was amazing !!! Highly recommend staying at Fairfield Inn New Buffalo Michigan whether for one night or weekend !!!

Room Tip: The Suits are awesome !!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Greg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is truly appreciated. I am very happy that we had the opportunity to accommodate you and your friends and family during this special time. It was our pleasure and I am glad that you enjoyed your weekend with us. Hopefully we can take care of you next time you are in the area.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at the Fairfield Inn on a recent weekend trip to New Buffalo. The facility is located close to Interstate 94, a Shell gas station and McDonalds so there was a far amount of noise and traffic. Our room, however, was quiet - - albeit small and not particularly well-appointed. The resultant sterile atmosphere was off-set somewhat by a comfortable bed and pillows. The desk staff was helpful and accommodating and the complimentary breakfast was more than satisfactory. The free wifi was too slow for anything other checking email and light web surfing.

If you don't mind a 5-minutes drive to restaurants, the beach and other local attractions, the Fairfield Inn is not a bad choice for the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate the comments about the breakfast, the front desk staff, and the cleanliness of our rooms. I personally want to apologize for the internet issues you experienced. I can understand how frustrating that was for you. Please contact me for any future reservations here so I can take care of you.

Thank You.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great location. Room was fine. Good breakfast selections. Helpful staff. Shuttle to Four Winds. Close to town. I thought they are a little too proud of their rate, but I don't know all the reasons they charge what they do.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your thoughts. It sounds like you took advantage of our free shuttle to the Four Winds and enjoyed our breakfast. Please let me know if there was anything else we could have done better; although it sounds like you enjoyed you stay. Come see us again.

Thank You.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is where we normally stay while exploring the southwestern shoreline of Lake Michigan. It's a clean hotel and seems new even though it's technically not that new anymore. A month before our stay, my husband reserved 3 rooms for our extended-family's vacation and the week before our stay phoned to ask if the rooms could be near one another. When we arrived at the 4:00 p.m. check-in, there was an approximate 20-minute delay in one of the rooms being ready (apparently due to another group leaving late) however, for our wait, the courteous manager offered to add many points to my husband's Marriott rewards card, which they did. We ended up with the rooms being located nearby in the same hallway and we were satisfied with that. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated as I remembered, however smaller than I remembered. Also, we had planned on storing our leftover picnic items in the hotel room refrigerators that every hotel we've ever stayed in has, however this hotel doesn't seem to have those or at least not in the rooms we received. That would be a good addition to all rooms! My brother-in-law noted that there aren't many channels available on the television network, no movie channels for instance, and the internet/free Wi-fi was sluggish at best. Still, the free breakfasts were enjoyed. The first morning's hostess (on Monday, July 14) was by far the better of the two mornings. She was fantastic in fact! Very personable and attentive to detail and she even brought activity books over to the three younger members of our party. The second morning's attendant (on Tuesday, July 15) wasn't nearly as good and there were some delays in replacing the hot food trays which did not happen the previous morning. Still.... any negatives about this hotel are minor as mentioned and the staff overall is awesome! Also, there's something to be said for a hotel that is clean like this one - the bathrooms for instance, are charming with the subway tile work in the bath/shower combos and on the floor, and again - they were spotless like the rooms. I'm not sure if this will be our first choice next time we're in the area, only because of the lack of room fridges though because we are typically there to picnic at Warren Dunes on one of the days and have a need to refrigerate the leftovers until we travel home.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms that we were in had a fair bit of noise from above, despite the very high ceil...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Luckyone2002
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Your response is very detailed and very helpful. Thank you for your loyalty in staying with us as you mentioned. Thank you for the many positives about providing you with a clean and friendly hotel. I want to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with several other areas of your stay.
I agree that having refrigerators in all of our rooms would be an added benefit to your stay. I will also review your comments with both of our Breakfast Attendants as well, there should not be any difference and I will use this as a training tool.
Please contact me when you plan on visiting the area again; I will upgrade you to a Suite at no additional cost.

Thank you for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Buffalo
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#3 of 16 in Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!