“Amazing!”

David's Delicatessen
Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This was a nice coffee shop. Nothing like the chain ones. The barista made a heart in my coffee which was a nice touch. They had unique items and the food was good. We just got breakfast food to go with our coffee.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

The coffee is good and hot. The sandwiches were not the run of the mill. The ham and cheese was prepared on fresh bread and included fresh greens, ramp chutney and serrano mustard. You wont find those choices at subway.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

The staff are so friendly here and very efficient at preparing my order. The vibe is relaxed and fun. I often see friends here on their own or meeting other friends. In addition to the tables & chairs in the front, David's has a room in the back with a large conference table & chairs and a circle of comfortable lounge chairs. It's a great place for a group to gather.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have always loved Harbor Country, and one year ago, my family and I made it our full-time home! Almost immediately, to our delight, we found David's Deli.

Their intelligentsia coffee and pastries in the morning are wonderful (nutella croissants, need I say more?)! When we were rehabbing our new place, I'd come in the morning and ask Emma if she happened to know a good painter. She'd yell out to the crowd of locals, and I'd leave with a few names and numbers. This continued for weeks as I looked for appliance repairmen, carpenters, etc... This place is so warm and inviting, I'd escape for a few hours to enjoy their wi-fi and escape from my wreck of a place!

David's Deli is what you would expect if you are looking for a solid deli. Great Reuben's, quality Boarshead meats. But it is so much more. Joe and Emma are real foodies who always have a side board of special sandwiches. They top sandwiches with amazing and unusual pickled and roasted veggies that are picked in season. My favorite was the Rhubarbara Streisand...turkey, goat cheese, greens and homemade rhubarb chutney. Or was it the Lord Fennel, another turkey sandwich loaded with roasted fennel? They serve REAL FOOD. They have plenty of healthy and indulgent choices, but everything is made from quality ingredients.

Some other reviews mentioned the back room. Yup. This is a community room where you can spread out. One of my friends even uses a table to home school her kids when they are tired of being at home! It does have college dorm decor. I love it. I feel at home there. Don't tell them, but I've even tucked my feet up on that couch! Also, their bathroom just got a fabulous facelift over the holidays.

Joe and Emma are an under 30 couple making a wonderful contribution to Harbor Country! Come on out and support them, their ambitions, and their fabulous food!

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 14 February 2013

David's opens early (around 7am) so it's a regular congregating place for locals to enjoy good coffee and bagels - that's what I do. At lunch, they have great sandwiches with spreads (Moroccan mustard or lintels). They also have a kiosk at Skip's European Market on weekends in the Summer and Fall.