“Go here instead of Rosie's”

David's Delicatessen
Ranked #16 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go here instead of Rosie's”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Amazing sandwiches and Intelligentsia coffee. Vegan options. We had the Geoegia Rueben and Madusa (lentil loaf with crunchy, pickled vegetables). Will return for sure.

• Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Delicious coffee and food. Very cute cafe right downtown New Buffalo. Reminds me of a Chicago cafe. I will definitely be back !

Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
“Great coffee and food”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Fun little place, though it was not very clean. Great coffee and unique food choices. I would go again.

Visited August 2013
Oklahoma
“Enjoyed David's”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We went to David's Delicatessen in New Bourbon for the first time today. One of the reasons for giving them a try was there use of local ingredients. They had an inventive menu. I had trouble deciding! The sweet jalapeno chicken salad with blueberry BBQ sauce looked very intriguing! Three of us loved our big sandwiches: we got the Soylent Green (green garlic hummus, cilantro and pickled veg), David's Ruben, and the Georgia Ruben. The breads were delicious and firm! I don't normally like rye, but theirs is mild and tasty and doesn't assault you with caraway. Fillings were extremely tasty, although, I would have liked more hummus on my sandwich, and none of us could discern the cilantro that was supposed to be on it. The other sandwiches were thoroughly enjoyed and had good amounts turkey or corned beef, cheese, sauce and hand-pickled veg.. We were not so thrilled with the sides. They were small and limited. The choices were broccoli salad, mixed potato salad, and cole slaw. Two of us got the potato salad. While it certainly tasted good, I returned mine as the potatoes didn't get done and were crunchy. The young lady at the counter was extremely gracious, apologetic and quick to offer the broccoli salad I requested in exchange. It was served up in a small portion cup and was good...but, just good. The staff was friendly. The décor was eclectic and welcoming. My brother gave a thumbs up to their iced mocha as they also have various coffees. The bagels certainly looked delicious! The only other suggestion might be to have a little more regular height seating vs. the high backed stools and tables. The deli has limited space, I know; but if the short tables are full, the tall ones can be a little hard on folks with disabilities. Overall, it was a great experience! A little tweak to the sides, and we'd call it an excellent one! We'll look forward to visiting again when we come back to town!

Rockford, Illinois
“Nice little coffee shop”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped in for coffee and to grab a quick breakfast – cinnamon rolls were still warm and huge and oh so yummy. They had excellent scones and coffee as well. A nice little coffee shop or somewhere to grab some meat/cheese or baked goods.