“Quality Ingredients”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Jackson, Michigan
“Quality Ingredients”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I had lunch here. They have indoor and outdoor seating. They use very fresh ingredients and good quality meats. The sandwich sizes are average and the sides are small. I had the Ruben and wished I had another half once I finished it off. It was really good and wanted more. The redskin potato salad was good an not like any potato salad I ever had. It was basically quartered small redskins with a light mustard/mayo dressing with a little kick. I heard the coleslaw is really good to so I will try that next time. Dave's Deli is a great place for a light lunch. Also a perfect location in the heart of downtown.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank svanwass

DuPage County, Illinois
“Don't miss this place”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food is exceptional, inventive and tasty. Try the open face breakfast ruben with house made ingredients topped with an egg.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 633sailor
Brookfield, IL
“Went there 3 times for coffee and potty :)”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place has juice boxes, crackers and fruit snacks at reasonable;le price point for our toddlers ($1). It had very good coffee drinks and donuts/rolls for me and the other adults. It had many, many kinds of Reuben sandwiches for my husband. That's why we went there 3 times in a week. Did I mention the private and clean restroom? That is a bonus with little guys and big guys! The line might look long but it goes fast. I had a turkey on rye, the cinnamon rolls, 2 coffee drinks and a donut and all of them were very good. My husband enjoyed his Ruben and he is very picky. It's a must stop for coffee and potty break while shopping.

Visited July 2014
Chicago
“Fantastic sandwiches; excellent coffee”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I had a terrific lunch at David's over Memorial Day weekend.

While the chalkboard features lots of sandwich and deli options, the Reuben absolutely is the must-have. It truly was one of the best Reubens either of us have ever eaten. Even though we had heard the Reuben was special, my wife ordered a pork shoulder sandwich (served cold; it was decent). But after trying my Reuben, she couldn't take her hands off of it. And neither could I.

Overall, David's -- located on Whittaker, New Buffalo's main street -- is well-situated, with a terrific, low-key vibe. We got the sense that both locals and tourists frequented it often. I stopped just to buy coffee a few mornings (after all, they serve the always-coveted Intelligentsia coffee), but I was never super impressed with their breakfast options, with the exception of their breakfast Reuben which seemed just a little too...heavy.

We will definitely be stopping in for another Reuben the next time we visit New Buffalo.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good use of space”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Delicatessen/Cafe has a wide range of delicious home made options. Order your reuben sandwich on top fresh baked breads or croissant. Enjoy a tasty salad, hummus, vegetable or egg options, and remember to order that right from the oven cookie!!! Drinks? This is a proud cafe with some specialty drinks in the fridge!
Oh, the "Space" comment. It seems small at first, the long initial room with counter and 10 tables, but further back is a cozy community room with fun square table and pillows and keep going to find the nice outdoor seating!!
free wifi and comfortable atmosphere. I did work here for about 3 hours.

• Visited May 2014