“Dont Stay At This Hotel”

Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is HORRIBLE. The hallways and rooms all wreak of carpet cleaning chemicals. Our bathroom was filthy and the water was a brownish yellow color, smelled of copper and left your skin smelling metallic after showering. Even worse, our bathroom was infested with fruit flies!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank NDsoccermom

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Please do not stay here, this place is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Screwed up reservation, manager not on sight on Labor day weekend, place stunk. Hotel linens were dingy and old, blanket stained, towels were rough and shabby. Everything about this place sucks and we had the best room in the dump. Sorry I did not read more on hotels in the area, next time I will be staying at the casino know matter what the price. We were told this Presidential suite normally cost $250.00 we got it for $109 since they messed up our reservations. The place was old, Jacuzzi was disgusting, dirty, smelly, old carpeting, old furniture, old t.v., noisy vents, dreary old curtains, bed was tilted and linens felt dirty like they were not changed. Have never commented on a place other then to praise it but felt the need to be honest about our experience. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!! Really should be shut down.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I must say I was excited to hear they had a pool and a free breakfast! But then I walked into this outdated junk yard and wished I hadn't made reservations, with their non existent cancelation policy! Our beds were nice in the fact that you could bounce on them and our room was somewhat clean! Our television was broken and the bathroom was gross! This place could be great if the right ownership invested into it! The pool was outdated but somewhat clean! The pool toilet was never cleaned and looked nasty! If you can ignore rust stains, nasty floors, broken everything, 1970 style junk, dirty bathrooms, and a below breakfast then this place is for you! Or you can save money for the casino and sleep in your vehicle! Run!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Matt61786
Reviewed 3 September 2012

please do not stay here. i am so sorry that i didn't read the reviews first. I spent $128 for such awful accomodations... hallways smelled of cigeratte smoke, overall feel of place was unused ...dumped.
smelly water in shower and slick...
towels so small and thin...
my husband was competining in 1/2 marathon and it was labor day weekend and everything was booked...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank benita o
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Thanks to the poor reviews on this site, we canceled our reservations. No a/c, smelling of unine, funk and as* , rotten egg water and bugs did it for me. For the hell of it we did drive around the building and it's far from a resort. It really looks old and dumpy.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The room they offered us was not clean, smelled of urine and funk. The floors were sticky (possibly from the urine) one of the beds broke when my 4 year sat on it. The door wouldn’t close or lock. There were no micro waves or refrigerators. I can’t see how anyone would spend the night there. Within an half hour of arriving my wife asked for our money back. We know of three families in the half hour we were there that demanded refunds and left because of the filth. The manager was rude and only agreed to refund half. One cannot be tired enough to stay at this garbage dump. There is no doubt in my mind the comment about bed bugs is true.We went up the road a bit and stayed at a super 8 for $10 more, it was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Heidi W
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is the absolute worst place I have ever stayed in. I honestly don't know how they are in business. I would think they would fix the place up a bit, but it smells, it's old, dirty....... Beds are old, dirty...... Water from the sinks smell so bad you need to buy bottled water at $2 apiece, and they don't have change...... King rooms are so ridiculous, have a shower curtain between the bed and the toilet....... I am being 100% honest when I say I would rather sleep in my car than this dump. I can't wait until this place is torn down.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#3 of 16 in Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Days Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!