New Buffalo Inn & Spa
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo(New Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$64
Comfort Inn(New Buffalo)
US$87
US$81
ComfortInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo(New Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$85
Hampton Inn La Porte(LaPorte)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
US$123
US$77
Travel Inn Motel(Michigan City)
US$55
TripAdvisor
All reviewscouples massageknight roomliving roomprivate deckperson jacuzzi tubcelebrate our anniversarylong weekendlocation is greatgas fireplaceromantic getawaylisagoodrichbuffalohottubknightsjetsmattress
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I were looking for a get-away weekend without the kids and chose New Buffalo for it's proximity to Chicago and because I wanted to feel some sand on my feet. After perusing a few websites, we settled on the New Buffalo Inn and Spa.

The Inn is easy to get to and is right off historic route 12...take note of that because on occasion you can hear the traffic. It wasn't an issue for us, but it might be for a light sleeper.

The Galien Room which we stayed in was large, I mean really large. There was a quaint kitschy kitchen in blue and pink tile and a large front room with a couch, chair, and a chest of drawers. The bedroom had a king size bed and a jet tub. The bathroom was more updated and had a nice shower with extra jets.

The yard was nicely landscaped and all the flowers were just starting to come up. I am sure that it just gets prettier as the season progresses. There was a hot tub outside which we didn't use, as well as a fire pit.

My only complaint was that the furniture was a little tired. The mattress was starting to sag a bit in the middle and the couch really has probably seen better days. I also didn't love the tile floor throughout the unit. There was nice patio furniture, however, to sit on while enjoying my morning coffee.Overall, the New Buffalo Inn is a nice place to stay if you aren't expecting something really luxurious, but are looking for more comfy and cozy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tinaj1111
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My wife and I stayed here when we wanted to spend a little bit of time in Michigan and get a feel for New Buffalo. We got a discount for a last-minute booking, and we couldn't be happier with what we got.

Seriously, the room was the size of a livable one-bedroom apartment, and was just as comfortable and had quite the at-home feeling. The furniture was extremely comfortable; man, I was tempted to strap the couch to the top of the car. :) The staff is very friendly as well.

There's a hot tub available outside 24/7. Not the fanciest hot tub, but man, was it relaxing.

There's plenty of in-town stuff to do within a 5-minute walk, and a decent Mexican restaurant across the street. The beach is about a ten-minute walk away.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScatteredFrog
Reviewed 25 August 2010

How wonderful to find such a peaceful environment for my vacation. And only a few block walk to all the lovely shops and of course beautiful Lake Michigan and a white sand beach.
All the comforts of home without any of the chores. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank beachwalkerIllinois
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We went to MI to get the "Pure Michigan" experience - stopping along the towns of Lake Michigan's coast, beaching, relaxing. Unfortunately, the New Buffalo Inn & Spa did not live up to our expectations. The hotel is on a main road, not in New Buffalo's downtown area proper, but within 5-10 minutes walking distance to downtown, 15-20 minutes walk to the beach. Try to get a room that is in the back of the hotel. Ours was near the front, so we did hear the road noise. The bedroom was clean and functional, but the shower floor was not as clean as we would like in an inn. The inn's staff are not located on site, so that is also a negative. They do offer their services via a phone call away, but I think there is something to be said about staff being onsite.

If you are looking for a vacation spot, I would not recommend this hotel. I would recommend a hotel or vacation rental that is closer to the harbor and the beach. If you are looking for a quick stop on the road, then I think this place would suffice. However, I think there are much more options that are better for the money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fun-happy-traveller
Reviewed 15 August 2010

After several summers of staying in smaller chain motel/hotels in the area, my boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves for our anniversary! The New Buffalo Inn and Spa website shows last-minute specials etc so we booked the Captain's Quarters. It is on the first floor of the inn and has a sitting room, kitchen, bedroom with a whirlpool, and bathroom with an awesome shower. I was a little concerned we would be able to hear the other guests above us walking around etc. but there was never any disturbance. They offer massages and treatments at their spa next door so I took advantage of a chair massage...I nearly melted right there :) It's within walking distance from the downtown area and beach so that was nice. My only complaint was that I had to struggle to get the wifi to work in the bedroom but once it did there were no problems. Lisa (the owner) was very helpful when we asked for recommendations for dinner too (Casey's has a mean chicken sandwich!). All in all, we had a lovely time escaping the craziness that is Chicago to take a few days to veg out!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple