“Perfect Getaway”

New Buffalo Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 New Buffalo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel makes you feel like you're at home away from home. Beautifully decorated to compliment the charming lakeside town, you can tell how much thought went into pulling everything together. They even provide handmade soap in your bathroom and have it for sale as well.

They have a spa on the grounds and I received a massage there the first time I stayed years ago. The massage was good, she didn't ask if the pressure was enough and I was left wanting more but it was relaxing nonetheless. There is also an outdoor hot tub that was wonderful to relax in in the evening.

The hotel is near to just about everything which is wonderful if you'd like to go out but it's equally as nice to enjoy the fireplace and stay in!

I only had two issues during my last visit: The jacuzzi tub in our room wouldn't turn on and then, once it got on (after nearly a half hour of trying) it wouldn't turn off. This lead to our other issue, getting someone to come out and take care of the problem. I understand how the inn is run (the families live nearby and are in and out often) but when I called the number left at the front desk, the woman I spoke to was rude and told me she couldn't come out to help and didn't know where anyone else was. Again, I understand people have lives but what I don't understand is not making certain someone is always available to help guests of your business. I would have at least appreciated being told she would get there as soon as possible or that she would try to find someone to come help out but I was left feeling like there was no solution and that we wouldn't get to enjoy an amenity we were so looking forward to. Eventually someone came and took care of the issue, so I am thankful for that.

In all, I believe the woman I dealt with that last visit was just a blip on an otherwise perfect trip. The inn is wonderful, the spa is great and I think anyone who goes there will enjoy themselves!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aleka S

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had a cozy-at-home feeling the moment we walked into the Galien. Stayed 3 nights for my birthday. Immaculate and has a great beachy feel. (My husband) enjoyed cooking breakfast in the fully stocked kitchen (just bring the food).
Got use of the fireplace as the nights get a bit cool in October. NO issues with the location near the main highway. Great sound machine for sleeping at night and bedroom located in rear. SUPER comfortable king size bed. Husband raved about it AND the fabulous shower! I also enjoyed the massage and facial at the Spa.
Thank you Lisa--You take pride in what you have there! Will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 164TravelPrincess
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I took our first trip to the area and this place was very nice. We stayed two nights in Snug harbor. Other than being a little dated it was perfect to what we needed. We went to the beach for a nice walk, ( within 5 minutes) and spent lots of time touring local wineries 14 within an hour from here. We were greeted when we arrived and never needed anything. Sitting area is perfect, bedroom was comfortable and the 2 person hottub was great. We would definitly return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Wonderful and cozy with everything one would want for an anniversary get away. The gals there were even generous enough to keep our luggage at the spa for the day after we checked out, so we could go on a wine tour that my husband surprised me with! Thank you! Only suggestion would be to add a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Review posted by Steve's wife

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel is apparently family owned and it shows, The suite we was very well put together, solidly constructed, nicely appointed and most importantly individual. This is not a hotel maintained by a proprietor but one maintained by a very proud owner. Personal touches were everywhere which were actually very sweet, it showed that the rooms are cared for, it was like staying in someones home. We had a huge amount of space, enough for not just a couple but also our baby son.

The weekend in New Buffalo was very relaxing in no small part due to the accommodation being so good at the New Buffalo Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank StegLondon
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in the Eber Knight room and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and quaint and the backyard was beautiful. Enjoyed the outdoor hot tub too. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Abbey612
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent two days in the Snug Harbor room at the inn and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room(s)- sitting area, kitchenette, bathroom w/double sinks, and bedroom were decorated in a yellow and blue beach theme. Everything was very clean and well maintained. Our room was on the second floor and it like being in the tree tops. We also appreciated the two skylights. The two person jetted tub in the bedroom was another favorite. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking garden.