This hotel makes you feel like you're at home away from home. Beautifully decorated to compliment the charming lakeside town, you can tell how much thought went into pulling everything together. They even provide handmade soap in your bathroom and have it for sale as well.
They have a spa on the grounds and I received a massage there the first time I stayed years ago. The massage was good, she didn't ask if the pressure was enough and I was left wanting more but it was relaxing nonetheless. There is also an outdoor hot tub that was wonderful to relax in in the evening.
The hotel is near to just about everything which is wonderful if you'd like to go out but it's equally as nice to enjoy the fireplace and stay in!
I only had two issues during my last visit: The jacuzzi tub in our room wouldn't turn on and then, once it got on (after nearly a half hour of trying) it wouldn't turn off. This lead to our other issue, getting someone to come out and take care of the problem. I understand how the inn is run (the families live nearby and are in and out often) but when I called the number left at the front desk, the woman I spoke to was rude and told me she couldn't come out to help and didn't know where anyone else was. Again, I understand people have lives but what I don't understand is not making certain someone is always available to help guests of your business. I would have at least appreciated being told she would get there as soon as possible or that she would try to find someone to come help out but I was left feeling like there was no solution and that we wouldn't get to enjoy an amenity we were so looking forward to. Eventually someone came and took care of the issue, so I am thankful for that.
In all, I believe the woman I dealt with that last visit was just a blip on an otherwise perfect trip. The inn is wonderful, the spa is great and I think anyone who goes there will enjoy themselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our peaceful inn has been enthusiastically recommended by our many repeat guests. Located in the heart of the resort town, New Buffalo, six blocks from our picturesque Snug Harbor and broad Lake Michigan beach, our Harbor Country inn offers gracious sized rooms and suites, as well as several cottages suitable for small groups. Our large cottages are great for your summer vacation near the beach! Each of our accommodations is unique and comfortable. Some are pet friendly, too! Our Spa is a peaceful retreat offering therapeutic massage, facials, hydrotherapy and a full menu of services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your New Buffalo Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Buffalo Hotel New Buffalo
- New Buffalo Inn And Spa
- New Buffalo Inn & Spa Michigan