I've divided this review into two parts. The hotel and the spa as they were separate experiences.
My wife & I went there for a 3 night getaway. We stayed there because we wanted a place with a full kitchen so we could eat breakfast & lunch there. I'm vegan so when we go on vacation especially to small towns there is not a lot of places to eat. So this place was perfect! We stayed in the SS Post boy room. The room included a full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, utensils, pots, pans, knives, blender, coffee machine, etc), beautiful outdoor space, bedroom with a queen size bed, huge jacuzzi, big bathroom, a lot of storage space, flat screen tv, and a nice couch. It was very good size room, almost like a mini house and only 5 blocks from the beach. I also loved the rooms used a key pad for locks, I wish every hotel was like that. The service was very accommodating and overall it was a great stay. If we go back I'd would stay there again. On the table was a book so people could discuss there stay and there were many people in there that stayed there multiple times, that's a great sign!
I would give 3.5 stars for the spa. The actual massage was pretty good but it was a bit weird. First off they started 7 minutes late and ended 5 minutes early. It's a 72 massage for 60 minutes. So if we do the math I got cheated out of $14.40 of massaging, that's a lot of time! The actual massage she focused 30-40 minutes on my back. Then the last 10 minutes she rushed through everywhere else. I could literally hear her rushing through everything, she made a lot of noise scrambling, it was just weird. The massage on my back was great but everywhere else just got teased. I just wish she spent less time on my back and more time everywhere else. Also I wish she made less noise as she kept moving around a lot. Good massage, not the best but I would probably go back but just give better instruction of what I want massaged.
Overall it was a great stay, only 75 minutes from Chicago, friendly people, good food, great weather and great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our peaceful inn has been enthusiastically recommended by our many repeat guests. Located in the heart of the resort town, New Buffalo, six blocks from our picturesque Snug Harbor and broad Lake Michigan beach, our Harbor Country inn offers gracious sized rooms and suites, as well as several cottages suitable for small groups. Our large cottages are great for your summer vacation near the beach! Each of our accommodations is unique and comfortable. Some are pet friendly, too! Our Spa is a peaceful retreat offering therapeutic massage, facials, hydrotherapy and a full menu of services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your New Buffalo Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Buffalo Hotel New Buffalo
- New Buffalo Inn And Spa
- New Buffalo Inn & Spa Michigan