“MX in MI” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rios Mexican Food
Ranked #20 of 46 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Ballwin, MO
“MX in MI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Don't let the quiant "roadside" former Dairy Queen type building fool you; the food is fantastic! The Mgr/owner is very friendly & funny & service is fast. We ordered what we thought was about right for the two of us (a quesadilla, a couple tacos, chips & salsa). It was way too much, but we tried to eat it all since it was so good (couldn't do it!).

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Best Authentic Mexican Food in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We decided to try rio,s on our last day in New Buffalo. Based on previous good coments, we assumed it would be good. It wasn't good... It was great! We were a little hesitant because the outside drive up stand is pretty much no frills...but the great food and service made up for that. If you are fussy...go somewhere else, all others, make sure you stop by. They actually got our order wrong, so instead of throwing it all away like other places would do, they had us keep it while they fixed the order. Give them a shot!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Orland Park, Illinois
“Best Mexican carry-out and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

The food is made to order. I ordered a steak and a chicken taco, both were fantastic! My husband had a steak burrito and enjoyed every bite. The beans and the rice were SO fresh and delicious. The chips also were fresh and still hot. Three types of hot sauce and the guacamole were better than some that I have had from high priced restaurants. Several locals recommended this great place, and you too will not be disappointed. You can eat at the cute picnic tables outside, or you can take your food home and enjoy it with a Margarita. We were personally served by the owner, and he will surely put a smile on your face!

• Visited June 2012
Stevensville, Michigan
“Fresh and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The food is fresh; the people are friendly.

I love the guacamole here, because they make it themselves and will alter the recipe to your taste. I have them leave out the cilantro; someone else might want them to cut out the jalapenos. They're always willing to accomodate a special request, at least in my experience.

This is carry-out only; there is a drive-thru; there are picnic tables for folks wanting to eat there. I'd rather take mine to the beach a couple of minutes away.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We eat at Rios almost every weekend in the summer. The portions are generous and the prices reasonable (the combos are a good value). It's really a taco stand with a few tables outside; I often ride my bike up here and pick up dinner. They are generous with the cilantro which I love. The guacamole and the rice are winners, as are the thick, fresh, greasy chips. The only drawback can be the wait; I once waited in line for 20 minutes only to be told it would be another 20 minutes once I ordered my food. They rarely answer the phone in case you try to call ahead. There is a drive-thru but I've never used it. A great meal for a fair price; terrific for a casual family meal.

• Visited September 2011