“Fabulous Filet”

Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Over the last 25 years, Brewster's Italian Cafe` has grown from a small bakery to a full-service Italian restaurant in the heart of Harbor Country. Located in downtown New Buffalo, Michigan, Brewster's offers seasonally-inspired items and locally sourced ingredients that change every meal, every day. Our chefs meticulously select only the highest quality ingredients that reflect the true nature of what it means to eat rustic Italian cuisine. Whether you're looking for a classic plate of spaghetti and meatballs or a handmade pizza from our wood fire oven, Brewster's Italian Cafe is more than just your average Italian restaurant. Along with our ever-changing menu, we also make most of our desserts right here at the restaurant, including our creme brûlée and tiramisu. We proudly serve local craft brews from the likes of Greenbush Brewery and Bell's Brewing along with our extensive craft cocktail list featuring the finest of liquor from Journeyman Distillery. Our outdoor patio is perfect for any occasion as we accommodate to your specific needs-whether it be a special event or just a night out with the girls, Brewster's has something for everyone. Our menu changes every day, our chefs are constantly creating new dishes and flavor combinations, but our tradition remains the same from day one: provide the highest-quality ingredients that reflect the beauty in the simplicity of Italian fare.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After spending a couple of hours on the beautiful New Boston beachfront, my friend and I (still somewhat covered in sand particles) were starving! With not too many restaurants within walking distance of the beach, we decided Brewster's might be our best option! CORRECT WE WERE!!!!

Although there were several quaint little patio tables nestled outside, we decided to grab a seat inside the restaurant (largely due to the fact that I desperately needed to charge my phone). The hosts were eager to accommodate us, sitting us next to a table within a couple feet of a wall outlet.

Ambiance: The scene was somewhat dimly lit, and our table was positioned where we could get a view of the chefs and other kitchen staff hard at work. My only complaint in this area would be the bathrooms, which could've used just a little TLC (shredded t.p. on the floor, odd smells, etc).

Menu/Food: Brewster's changes their menu daily. The day we went, there was an option for a Dinner For 2 which included two entrees to share (one 2 topping pizza and one regular entree), two soups or salads, and two desserts for under $50. Since my "pseudo-vegan" friend and I have very different taste in foods, we decided to order separately...but this was a great deal for those who could take advantage of it! I ordered the filet topped with a crab cake, which was accompanied by mixed vegetables and asiago stuffed gnocchi. PHENOMENAL! My only very minor gripe would be the heaviness of the gnocchi, but overall I was thoroughly pleased. As a starter, I had a creamy soup with mushroom/beef that was DELICIOUS. I ordered a margarita from the full bar which was also perfectly made & well-priced! My friend ordered the grilled fish option (yes this is the same pseudo-vegan previously mentioned), along with the gazpacho soup, and a bellini. She was also thoroughly pleased!

Service: Our server, Nicole, was excellent! She was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, and made sure to come back to check on us just enough to make us feel important...but not enough to make us feel overwhelmed. Our food was delivered quickly and accurately, leaving just enough time to enjoy each course without feeling rushed.

Overall, we had a FANTASTIC dining experience here at Brewster's!!! On my next trip along the Lake Michigan coast, this will definitely be at the top of my list (well...right after the beach that is).

1  Thank Cocoa_Commuter

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We ordered a pizza to go & it was perfect. Just crisp enough & steaming hot! While waiting I saw some sweets on display so we took lemon cream cake & carrot cake to go as well.
Both were delicious, looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were able to be seated quicker this time around. It is tough on holiday weekends with Restaurants that will not take reservations but we tried anyway. The Lasagna was great! The real standout though for us was their House Salad!!! It was absolutely one of the best "House" salads we have ever eaten. It seems that the prices though on some of their items has really gone up but the menu still offers a good variety price wise. We will go again just for the salad.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

nice dining areas, the back enclosed sunporch area was very nice.
Good service and fair prices. The place has a full bar and all the normal Italian dishes that you'd expect.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had a party of 3. All dinners were excellent although a little pricey. That said would definitely go back. Our waitress was very sweet and we sat near the open kitchen which is fun to watch. Had great wine, too.