“great ice-creams”

Oink's Dutch Treat
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
France
“great ice-creams”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This place is one of our favourites when we go to Michigan over the weekend. We always stop at Oink's on the way home to indulge ourselves in some homemade ice cream! We alsways have two scoops because more would not be Wise and one scoop is too little. The Blue Moon , the Rainbow sherbet or any other flavour are GRRRREAT!! We also sit in the small parlour and watch the other people choose and buy their ice creams as we relish on ours:) The place is so famous but be careful they close for the season after November 1st! The prices are OK but I can't remember how much it is but if I recall it's $3.75 a scoop ( one scoop is enough but two is even better!!) So next time you drive to Michigan on your way to Saugatuck or any place beyond , stop at Oink's!!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pascalpierre

“Yellow cake batter ice cream!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

When I feel like having ice cream, this is the first place that comes to my mind! While all of their ice cream is delicious, the yellow cake batter is my absolute favorite. It is slightly over priced, but with all of the tourists that come in the summer, they can definitely get away with it and I still keep going back anyway. Maybe I'm crazy, but I wish they were open year round!

• Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this place!! Get the blackberry icecream!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This place is ah-may-zing!!! Love it! The blackberry icecream is out of this world!! You will not be disappointed! Yumm...wish I had some right now! Lol

• Visited July 2014
Austin, TX
“$18 for 4 of their smallest scoops”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This place is a ripoff. I ordered four of their smallest size ice cream scoops. These were small single scoops in a normal cone. The price on the menu was $3 each. They insisted on charging $5 each. My advice is to go elsewhere.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank MJSpock
elkhart
“Full of character”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent ice cream and great efficient service. We try to stop whenever we are in New Buffalo. Definitely a place to stop if you haven't tried it.