“Fabulous room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Newberry
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fabulous room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

There are several parts to this motel. Some other reviews on Trip Advisor are obviously for an older section. We stayed in the newest part in room 102. This room had a king size bed, full couch, recliner, jacuzzi, and small kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. It's also convenient to have an adjacent restaurant. We'd stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2seniors53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Taylor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our stay was very peaceful. This is our second time staying at Zellar`s Village Inn. The staff was helpful and kind. The manager had a great demeanor and was fun to talk to. Seven hours of traveling in our car and we were ready to relax. The room was clean and very comfortable. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The colors were calm and inviting. The hot tub was beyond beautiful. The room was filled with spacious furniture and large screen television. The pool was awesome too. My wife and I could not get over how beautiful the wooden walls were constructed. We loved dinner at the restaurant. I had the all you could eat chicken buffet. Wow, It was a great buy and tasted delicious. We plan on returning this summer to Zellar`s Village Inn. It is a must stay when visiting Newberry.

Room Tip: The specialty suites are awesome.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Grand Haven, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

this is not just old, it should be put to rest! the rooms were broken down, holes in the walls, crack in the mirror, and carpet was ripped. the blankets had burn holes in them and were very worn. we did a bed bug check, nothing thankfully! as for the pool, it had been shut down and there was no idea when it would be cleaned and running again. service was awful if it could be found. ONE PERSON to run the place was a girl maybe in her early twenties who could not answer anything until the manager came in. that night and early next morning the manager never showed up . we were to stay for two nights but left. if it had not been so late at night when we arrived we would have looked elsewhere right when we saw the room.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M W
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

What a total dump! Check out the reviews of this place on TripAdvisor, probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Spent one night here, cost $55 for a double...should have been about $20. They still use keys here and either someone forgot their key and kicked our door in at one point, or the police raided the place and knocked it in, either way the door jamb was obviously busted and cheaply repaired.

Understand this, people live in this hotel and there is a bar attached to the second building. So there was a ton of music noise until 2am with people hovering around outside. The lady at the front desk said to go ahead and smoke in the room if we wanted, although all the doors say non-smoking. There is a giant dog that starts barking at 6:30am that lives there and doesn't stop until you checkout. The floors in the hallways and near the bathrooms feel like they are going to fall in as you walk on them.

When we went to checkout in the morning we couldn't find anyone so we left our keys on the desk. Searched around for coffee or a continental breakfast...nada. Not that I wanted to eat here, I just wanted to get on the road quickly and go home.

This place is kinda scary, my buddy slept with his clothes on, on top of the comforter because he feared they had not been washed. The pillows here were all flat, threadbare, and if you looked at them outside of the pillowcases, they were stained with God knows what. And even after all that...the TV didn't work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Jeremy H
Chesterfield, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

When we first arrived at Zellar's my first thought was, this place could use some work and updating. But when I stayed in the "Green Bay Packer" suite I was very impressed! It even made my sister a tad bit jealous! Lol The room was very spacious and clean too. The hotel also had a bar and restaurant with VERY GOOD food!! The homemade corned beef and hash was the best I have ever had!! The staff at Zellar's are the kindest people I'm lucky to have come to know. They made us feel like family! I will definitely stay at Zellar's again! Looking forward to it! :)

Room Tip: The Green Bay Packer room was the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We recently stayed at Zellar's while in the area for a hunting trip. At first glance, the hotel appeared a little "tired" and could use some updating. But once we checked into "The Red Wing" suite & "The Green Bay Packer" suite, we were pretty satisfied!!! The suites are quite spacious & have a kitchenette equipped with coffee maker, microwave, & fridge. Other perks include a jacuzzi tub in the room & an indoor pool.

The hotel also has a restaurant & bar on the premises with Very Good Food!!! The homemade corned beef hash became a breakfast favorite and our husbands couldn't stop raving about the Philly Steak & Cheese!!! We were there during the week so the night life was somewhat quiet but the friendly staff went out of their way to make sure we felt welcome & taken care of!!!!

The people of Newberry are rightfully proud of the beautiful area and are not shy about recommending their favorite places to visit. We loved Oswalds Bear Refuge and the Tahquamenon Falls!!!

We are planning to return to the UP to snow mobile & hunt and Zellar's will surely get our business again.

Stayed September 2013
National City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Should have left but I was too tired & just carried my suitcase 50 yards , The room was in the old part of The motel next to the restaurant / bar. about 10:00 pm I got the room , walked back over to my truck got my suitcase , the doors were wide open, I was escorted by a dog which I think lives in the hallway , at least it smelled of urine , the hall floor was rotted & sank beneath your feet, I went into the room , turned the small light on & unloaded my suitcase, carpeting looked filthy, heard a noise in the bathroom & it was the toilet running, there was a towel that had dropped into the toilet & was saturated, I put it in the tub as it was black & filthy and I wouldn't have used it to shower anyway. the toilet ran every 15 seconds and would fill up again, all night long ! after washing up in the sink went into the bathroom & there was no toilet paper, not a piece, looked in the vanity under the sink & it was all black mold, the end of the vanity was held up by 3 boards nailed onto it. the tv remote had no back or batteries, a large compressor ran all night outside of my cracked window , but at least it masked the noise from the toilet somewhat. crawled into the lumpy bed & tried to sleep. What a Dump ! do not stay there . still don't know why they would rent out rooms like this .

Room Tip: Go anywhere else & it will be better than there . stayed there years ago but it was half way dec...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Bigboypants
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Newberry
Americas Best Value Inn - Tahquamenon Country
Adoba Hotel Naubinway
Adoba Hotel Naubinway
#1 of 2 in Naubinway

Been to Zellar's Village Inn? Share your experiences!