“Overpriced!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Niles
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was my second trip to Niles. The previous time, I stayed at the Comfort Inn just up the road and was very happy with that hotel. Unfortunately, they were full so I stayed here (at twice the price) because this hotel had received excellent reviews for my main requirement: Cleanliness. And it was indeed clean and sparkling but so was the Comfort Inn. The computer in the business office was out of order. I asked the lady at the desk if she could look one thing up for me on her computer, but she declined. The rooms were also very noisy. I could here several TVs during the night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bendan972016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

First of all, the facility itself seems almost new, but the thin walls are a major flaw. All evening long, I was privy to conversations of neighbors, an adult scene across the hall, and noise from the hallway. This might sound like I'm being "nitt picky", but I assure you - if the hotel is busy when you stay there, you'll notice the thin walls immediately. It left me feeling that the place was built in a hurry and/or cheaply, a shame either way. The gentleman who checked us in (Jamey I believe) spoke very robotically and was unmoved at our concern over thin walls. He shrugged us off, I'm sure he hears the complaint every night so who can blame him.

Either way, next time we'll stay in South Bend. A 5 minute drive is worth the peace and quiet for us. I'd recommend skipping this place, if you value peace & quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank conradweis
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I recently went on one of the Michigan Wine Trails prior to heading up to my boyfriend’s lake house. We didn’t want to make the full six hour drive after visiting four wineries in the area, so we decided to book a hotel. We wanted to find something nice enough and affordable. After randomly searching online, I found the Holiday Inn Express in Niles. I honeslty wasn’t expecting too much, so I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel seemed very new and clean. The room we got was very large- King bed and a huge bathroom.

The man working at the front desk was very nice and even helped up figure out where to get dinner that night. We were considering swimming in the pool, but after looking at it, it seemed really small and crowded. That was a little bit of a letdown but I guess we had the rest of the week to swim at the lake. The continental breakfast in the morning was also very good- bagels, pastries, eggs, sausage patties, cereal, coffee, juice and more!

If you are looking to stay somewhere after visiting a couple wineries in the area, I would definitely recommend this Holiday Express. It is clean, nice, and inexpensive, which is exactly what we were looking for! We only stayed for one night so I can't say too much else about this hotel, but for a one night stay, it was just right!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellington, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Beautiful facility with the friendliest staff I have ever met. Rooms were comfortable, clean, everything smelled good, bathrooms were spotless! We did not notice thin walls or noise from other rooms. Beds were comfy. Restaurants very close by and some shopping nearby also. I definitely give this hotel 5 stars. It's obviously not the Ritz, but the prices are great, and all we need is a clean friendly place to stay. We did not use pool or exercise room so can't comment on those. Breakfast offered pancakes, cereal, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and sausage gravy,sausage patties, fruit, juices, milk, coffee. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

A great new hotel (less than two months old). Very well decorated and very comfortable rooms. The free breakfast was among the best I have run across over the years.

Extremely pleasant staff as well who seemed to be very pleased to be working in this particular hotel.

2 Thank TramsAndTrains
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

When I arrived at one A.M., instead of being given the 2 room suite I was quoted over the phone
I was given a room with a sofa in it and a sink and pretty much told it was the same thing as the two rooms I was told I was getting. The internet service was un-usable, the connection speed was so slow it would not even load basic web pages without timing out and the room was definitely not anything to write home about. The continental breakfast on the last day consisted of soggy pre-fabricated eggs of some sort and did not even include fruit. No whirlpool tubs in rooms as advertised, no internet, and just pretty much over-priced. I have stayed in the one that was converted to a comfort inn previously and expected the same kind of experience and then some for the premium price, but was left feeling over-charged and pretty much disappointed. You are better off keeping the extra money in your pocket to stay elsewhere, this place is definitely NOT worth the price!!

Also something to note, I am a rewards member and when I called the customer service center they aknowleged that I was probably told that I was getting a room I was not because of the way it is described on their computer, but pretty much "oh well". If this is how they treat returning regular customers, I can safely say I will not stay at any of their facilities in the future.

5 Thank GuestPhilly
MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel one night. It was very clean and staff was nice. It was our first time at the new Niles building; we have stayed repeatedly in the former location in Niles.

I gave it a three star because there is no insulation in the walls. Our family could hear the TV and normal conversations of the people in the rooms on each side of us. I have never been in a hotel that I could hear the neighbors in the rooms next door unless they were being exceptionally noisy or in the halls. I think they rushed the building of the new property and missed the insulation in the walls. We never had this problem at the former location.

6 Thank lerikss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niles
Quality Inn & Suites Niles
Sleep Inn South Bend
Sleep Inn South Bend
#9 of 29 in South Bend
Inn at Saint Mary's Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niles? Share your experiences!