“Nice Rooms,”

Holiday Inn Express Niles
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Niles
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express after spending a day at the wineries in the area. I will say that I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The hotel seems brand new and was much nicer than I had anticipated. Downtown Niles is a couple min drive away where there is a small movie theater and a nice park on the river. We arrived around 1pm and were able to check in a couple hours early which was much appreciated. The breakfast in the morning was a bit lacking- there was absolutely no coffee, pancake machine wasn't working, and whenever they put a new tray out there was a crowd of hungry guests ready to swarm. Apparently I was not aggressive enough because by the time I waited for the herd to thin, the breakfast bar would be nearly empty. That being said, I was very happy with the hotel. Friendly front desk, very clean, decently priced.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was my second trip to Niles. The previous time, I stayed at the Comfort Inn just up the road and was very happy with that hotel. Unfortunately, they were full so I stayed here (at twice the price) because this hotel had received excellent reviews for my main requirement: Cleanliness. And it was indeed clean and sparkling but so was the Comfort Inn. The computer in the business office was out of order. I asked the lady at the desk if she could look one thing up for me on her computer, but she declined. The rooms were also very noisy. I could here several TVs during the night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bendan972016
Reviewed 17 August 2012

First of all, the facility itself seems almost new, but the thin walls are a major flaw. All evening long, I was privy to conversations of neighbors, an adult scene across the hall, and noise from the hallway. This might sound like I'm being "nitt picky", but I assure you - if the hotel is busy when you stay there, you'll notice the thin walls immediately. It left me feeling that the place was built in a hurry and/or cheaply, a shame either way. The gentleman who checked us in (Jamey I believe) spoke very robotically and was unmoved at our concern over thin walls. He shrugged us off, I'm sure he hears the complaint every night so who can blame him.

Either way, next time we'll stay in South Bend. A 5 minute drive is worth the peace and quiet for us. I'd recommend skipping this place, if you value peace & quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank conradweis
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I recently went on one of the Michigan Wine Trails prior to heading up to my boyfriend’s lake house. We didn’t want to make the full six hour drive after visiting four wineries in the area, so we decided to book a hotel. We wanted to find something nice enough and affordable. After randomly searching online, I found the Holiday Inn Express in Niles. I honeslty wasn’t expecting too much, so I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel seemed very new and clean. The room we got was very large- King bed and a huge bathroom.

The man working at the front desk was very nice and even helped up figure out where to get dinner that night. We were considering swimming in the pool, but after looking at it, it seemed really small and crowded. That was a little bit of a letdown but I guess we had the rest of the week to swim at the lake. The continental breakfast in the morning was also very good- bagels, pastries, eggs, sausage patties, cereal, coffee, juice and more!

If you are looking to stay somewhere after visiting a couple wineries in the area, I would definitely recommend this Holiday Express. It is clean, nice, and inexpensive, which is exactly what we were looking for! We only stayed for one night so I can't say too much else about this hotel, but for a one night stay, it was just right!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Beautiful facility with the friendliest staff I have ever met. Rooms were comfortable, clean, everything smelled good, bathrooms were spotless! We did not notice thin walls or noise from other rooms. Beds were comfy. Restaurants very close by and some shopping nearby also. I definitely give this hotel 5 stars. It's obviously not the Ritz, but the prices are great, and all we need is a clean friendly place to stay. We did not use pool or exercise room so can't comment on those. Breakfast offered pancakes, cereal, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and sausage gravy,sausage patties, fruit, juices, milk, coffee. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2011

A great new hotel (less than two months old). Very well decorated and very comfortable rooms. The free breakfast was among the best I have run across over the years.

Extremely pleasant staff as well who seemed to be very pleased to be working in this particular hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TramsAndTrains
Reviewed 1 November 2011

When I arrived at one A.M., instead of being given the 2 room suite I was quoted over the phone
I was given a room with a sofa in it and a sink and pretty much told it was the same thing as the two rooms I was told I was getting. The internet service was un-usable, the connection speed was so slow it would not even load basic web pages without timing out and the room was definitely not anything to write home about. The continental breakfast on the last day consisted of soggy pre-fabricated eggs of some sort and did not even include fruit. No whirlpool tubs in rooms as advertised, no internet, and just pretty much over-priced. I have stayed in the one that was converted to a comfort inn previously and expected the same kind of experience and then some for the premium price, but was left feeling over-charged and pretty much disappointed. You are better off keeping the extra money in your pocket to stay elsewhere, this place is definitely NOT worth the price!!

Also something to note, I am a rewards member and when I called the customer service center they aknowleged that I was probably told that I was getting a room I was not because of the way it is described on their computer, but pretty much "oh well". If this is how they treat returning regular customers, I can safely say I will not stay at any of their facilities in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank GuestPhilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niles
Quality Inn & Suites Niles
Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel South Bend
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
Comfort Suites University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niles? Share your experiences!