“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Niles
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Niles
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We flew into Chicago and drove two hours to this hotel, located close to Andrews University, the school my oldest daughter was graduating from. The room was spacious and clean. It was also exceptionally quiet in location where we stayed. The bathroom and accommodations were all excellent. Breakfast was good. There was not a wide variety of foods, but what they had was well-prepared, and the breakfast table was well-stocked. The room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave oven; we often had food to keep overnight, so they allowed us to use space in the refrigerator that they used to keep the breakfast food in. We had stayed at this hotel two years prior, when our second daughter started school at Andrews University, so we knew what to expect. All said, it was a good stay for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Brandi C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We are happy to hear that your stay was good and that we could accommodate your need for keeping your food stored for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for a week and found the rooms spacious, beds comfortable and the location close to lots of restaurant options. Their breakfast every morning was the best I have seen for limited service hotels anywhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and breakfast as well, We hope to see you again on your next visit to town.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We come to Niles 8-10 year and were used to staying at another hotel where they gave us a discount since we came so often. Two of our kids and grandkids live there. However, as nice as they were at the other place, it was old and run down. We gave up on them and stayed at another hotel in Niles, which was new, but we did not have a great experience. This time, however, this hotel was open and we decided to try it. What a relief! Clean, crisp, comfortable, and most important a friendly staff. It is more expensive but compared to the other options in Niles, I guess I would rather pay the price. The room we had also had a foldout bed aside from the twin beds, so one of our grandkids got to sleep over, and that was great! The pool unfortunately was very cold as something had broken down and was not fixed by the time we left. I cannot review the morning breakfast, as I did not eat there. However, the staff was extremely friendly. My only complaint is that every time we went to the front desk for something the staff seemed to be on personal phone calls, and finally would look up and tell the person to hold on, they had a customer, and then address us and when they did they were very helpful and friendly. I can understand if they are on the phone with a customer, but I think personal phone calls should be away from the front desk. I guess it's because I'm in management and I notice all those kinds of things. To other people it would probably be fine. Anyway, we will come back and we are glad that there is this new option on Niles.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
April B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words, I also would like to thank you for your management insight. As managers we can't always be here so feedback from guests like yourself really help us to correct issues before they become bigger. We are glad you found a new place to call home while in the Niles area and look forward to serving you for many more years to come.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had to come to galien for a memorial service for my husbands uncle, and found your hotel on line, and booked it. Had we have known of your hotel without looking it up, we could have saved some money booking it direct with you, instead of , I beleive it was expedia. We paid over 200.00 for 2 nights, and according to the paper I asked for when we left. your price would have been 176.00. We will probably be visiting again to check up on his other uncle, and I will be definelty be bookin with you. Your hotel is clean, People are very helpful, kind and courteus. Breakfast was great, and the gal that was there to prepare the breakfast was johnny on the spot, to keep everything full, and neat, She was very friendly, and you could tell she loved her job.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
April B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful words about our hotel and staff. We take great pride in the service we deliver to our guests and the quality of our hotel. We look forward to having you as a guest in our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Nicely done, obviously a newer hotel. Most if not all bathrooms have that musty smell, it is likely an uncleaned drain. Not the case in the hotel, the bathroom actually smelled clean, a rarity in hotels these days. Standard type room, but again, clean and everything in working order. The room was quiet, not a sound to be heard from other rooms. Check in was quick and easy, front desk clerk had recommendations for restaurants, having said that, there are not many restaurants in the area other than fast food places. No Applebee's, Olive Gardens, etc. If you want those drive about 6 miles to South Bend. The place I did eat was good, but nothing special. Typical HIE breakfast was stocked earlier than the opening time allowing early risers a chance to eat. Hotel is located right on the main road, but far enough off that traffic noise should not be a concern. Parking lot was large enough for trucks with trailers, and well lit. Hotel is located in what was and appeared to be a safe neighborhood. There are not a lot of hotels in this area, and when returning this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
April B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you so much for your Awesome Review...our staff works very hard to give all of our guests a great stay. We really do look forward to seeing these types of reviews and we equally enjoy providing a clean, safe, and enjoyable stays. Looking forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel after a wedding in Niles. $120 for a Saturday seemed steep and I would say I didn't feel it was a great value. I imagine the premium for a chain hotel in a small Midwestern town is a bit more expensive given relative lack of competition in the area. There is Notre Dame nearby but I don't think South Bend is a heavy business/travel/convention destination.

The staff was friendly on the two occasions I needed to talk to someone. Everything was reasonably clean and you could tell it is of newer construction. The room was nice and spacious. A few complaints...the room smelled bad to me, maybe it was because the pool was across the hall? When I woke up at about 7 am there was an incredible amount of noise. You have to expect that being on the first floor but it was excessive and the walls, as others have echoed, seem to be thin. Continental breakfast was nice. The scrambled eggs tasted really bizarre to me which seems odd given they are eggs. Orange juice fountain was out but an employee quickly refilled it.

Given the lack of options in the area it is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
April B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We certainly do appreciate your feedback, and yes this market is a very busy area. We have made notes of your concerns and have communicated them to the appropriate departments. We certainly do hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel in Niles on and off for roughly two months for work obligations. During my time in the Michigan-Indiana area I stayed at roughly four-five different Holiday Inns and this one was clearly a notch above the rest. The hotel is relatively newer and thus is nice both inside and outside. Rooms are of fine quality, great beds. Got all the other normal amenities: pool, exercise room, wifi and free hot and cold breakfast which is always good but the customer service here is what sets it apart. In my opinion they're a model for all other hotels, IHG hotels in particular where the customer service is very up and down. April, Taylor and Brandy were my most frequent interactions, all three were very polite, extremely welcoming and quickly catered to any requests I had which made being so far from home a lot easier. The price here is in the typical Holiday Inn range and during Notre Dame football games you're gonna get the big corporate price bump but for the customer service you'll receive it's the best place in the area, hands down. I would definitely stay there again.

Adam W.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam W
April B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Adam,
Thank you so much, your words are so refreshing to hear. It was our utmost pleasure to have you as our guest. The entire staff here in Niles is dedicated to delivering this type of service and accommodations to all our valued guests. People like you are the very reason we do what we do. Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the future, Safe travels to you all the time.
Staff of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niles, MI

Also consider these accommodations in or near Niles
Quality Inn & Suites Niles
Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
Sleep Inn South Bend
Sleep Inn South Bend
#12 of 30 in South Bend

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niles? Share your experiences!