“Family reunion”

Holiday Inn Express Niles
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Niles
“Family reunion”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Had a family reunion and we all stayed here. Everyone was very satisfied with rooms and breakfast. And they let us stay late in the lounge and play cards. Brandi (GM) is wonderful and her staff very helpful. Convenient to Niles and not that far from South Bend.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent five days in this hotel recently as it was a last minute getaway to Southwest Michigan. All the hotels on the lake were booked and this was the closest, most updated hotel I could find. We were so pleased. It is very clean, very up to date, great internet, comfy bed, spacious hotel room and we were in need of nothing. We had a small fridge, a microwave, pillow top mattress and comfy pillows. It is only 35 minutes from Lake Michigan. This is a great area to spend a few days as everything is within an hour. Breakfast was a bit of everything. No complaints at all. I appreciated the cleanliness above all!

Room Tip: I booked onlline and accidently booked a handicapped facilities room. I might do it again! Very spa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed the evening of July 4th so we could get an early start on attending the motocross races at RedBud on the 5th. Greeted promptly upon our arrival, check in was a breeze (and even offered the opportunity to get some additional reward points). Room was clean, beds were VERY comfortable, good selection of channels on the TV.
Breakfast buffet was a bit less appetizing than in other HIE properties I've stayed in over the past few years but heck, it was still provided as part of the room rate.
I'm sure I'll be back the next time I plan an overnight visit in the Niles area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Brandi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! You are right the property is new and will have its third birthday in September. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you back on your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was very clean and well maintained. It looked like it was either built or re-done within the last few years. Breakfast was what you would expect from a holiday inn, so I had no qualms there. The only issue was that I stayed with what must have been every guest from a wedding, because up until 3 in the morning, there were very loud people running the hallways and conversing in the breakfast room. The staff didn't do much to contain it, though I'm not sure how much they could have done.

In all, it is a nice hotel. Very clean. I was honestly surprised, coming from Chicago and seeing the rest of the city. I did not try out the pool or the gym, but both, although small, looked clean and well kept. Keep up the good work, Niles!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel, and you are right it is a brand new property and will be turning 3 this September. I do hope you will be able to visit us again the next time you are in the area.
Clackamas, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We flew into Chicago and drove two hours to this hotel, located close to Andrews University, the school my oldest daughter was graduating from. The room was spacious and clean. It was also exceptionally quiet in location where we stayed. The bathroom and accommodations were all excellent. Breakfast was good. There was not a wide variety of foods, but what they had was well-prepared, and the breakfast table was well-stocked. The room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave oven; we often had food to keep overnight, so they allowed us to use space in the refrigerator that they used to keep the breakfast food in. We had stayed at this hotel two years prior, when our second daughter started school at Andrews University, so we knew what to expect. All said, it was a good stay for us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brandi C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We are happy to hear that your stay was good and that we could accommodate your need for keeping your food stored for you. We hope to see you again soon.
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for a week and found the rooms spacious, beds comfortable and the location close to lots of restaurant options. Their breakfast every morning was the best I have seen for limited service hotels anywhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and breakfast as well, We hope to see you again on your next visit to town.
Torrance, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We come to Niles 8-10 year and were used to staying at another hotel where they gave us a discount since we came so often. Two of our kids and grandkids live there. However, as nice as they were at the other place, it was old and run down. We gave up on them and stayed at another hotel in Niles, which was new, but we did not have a great experience. This time, however, this hotel was open and we decided to try it. What a relief! Clean, crisp, comfortable, and most important a friendly staff. It is more expensive but compared to the other options in Niles, I guess I would rather pay the price. The room we had also had a foldout bed aside from the twin beds, so one of our grandkids got to sleep over, and that was great! The pool unfortunately was very cold as something had broken down and was not fixed by the time we left. I cannot review the morning breakfast, as I did not eat there. However, the staff was extremely friendly. My only complaint is that every time we went to the front desk for something the staff seemed to be on personal phone calls, and finally would look up and tell the person to hold on, they had a customer, and then address us and when they did they were very helpful and friendly. I can understand if they are on the phone with a customer, but I think personal phone calls should be away from the front desk. I guess it's because I'm in management and I notice all those kinds of things. To other people it would probably be fine. Anyway, we will come back and we are glad that there is this new option on Niles.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
April B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Niles, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words, I also would like to thank you for your management insight. As managers we can't always be here so feedback from guests like yourself really help us to correct issues before they become bigger. We are glad you found a new place to call home while in the Niles area and look forward to serving you for many more years to come.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niles
Quality Inn & Suites Niles
Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend
Comfort Suites University Area
Staybridge Suites South Bend - University Area
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#14 of 29 in South Bend
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Niles? Share your experiences!