“Could easily be better”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Northville
New Vernon, New Jersey
“Could easily be better”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

I concur completely with one review that the breakfast could be better, but if cereal and a muffin is all you need then this was fine. Don't stay on the second floor: the wifi connection is lousy - even their own IT folks conceded this. I got no Internet connection at all, and the cable the front desk gave me did not work either.

The beds were comfortable, and the room was pretty spacious. Overall, not a bad value, but I am not so sure I would stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Indiana
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Nice hotel in a very nice area. Close to the convention center and shopping areas. The only complaint I would have is that breakfast left a little to be desired. The lady that tended to the breakfast was wonderful but the quality of food could be a little better.. Rooms are clean and nice and that is the main issue. Go with a suite for the difference in price it is well worth it, especially if you have kids.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is an older hotel but well managed and maintained. The rooms were very clean. We actually had two rooms and decor and updates varied by room so it looks like they are updating and replacing as things give out. I had a new stainless frig in my room but the hair dryer didn't work so dried my hair in the other room that had an updated drier but older frig. Her room's decor was updated. The hot breakfast was the best I have experienced in a long time. There was a variety of beverages, rolls, cereal bars, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, fruit and etc. The hotel was at capacity with a swim meet in town and overheard one lady making arrangements for a suite for a bachelorette party. The rooms were well insulated so no problems with noise but we were away from elevators and the pool. I couldn't beat the price because I got a corporate rates on both rooms. The printer in the business center was not working so hotel manager offered and was happy to print my boarding passes at the front desk. Anytime I was at the front desk, there were attentive and friendly staff members.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I and my husband stayed two nights and I have no major complaints. Housekeeping insisted onr encouraged us to let them change our towels even though we didnt want housekeeping services, in my opinion that was good. The front desk clerks were friendly and the hotel was clean. They could do with some decorating skills on that second floor, but over all everything was clean and comfortable, including the bed. They offer breakfast, a plus, but nothing to brag over except those delicious rolls they have.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Staff was very accommodating even thou they were busy she gave us a great deal on a 2 night stay. Room was very clean and decor updated. Free breakfast, it was good and very nice selection - eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot cinnamon rolls, pancakes, yogurt.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Room was very clean and breakfast staff was very friendly. All I grabbed was tea and toast but it was always there in ample supply and the standard eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls were stocked as well. Room was modern and more than I expected in rural Michigan. Only downside was atm was out of order in lobby and vending machine took exact change only. Though that saved me from caving to a late night craving so I should probably thank them for that!

• Stayed August 2012
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 August 2012

After a long flight and 9 hour layover, this Holiday Inn was a welcoming place. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. Best of all it was clean and the lady who worked the breakfast service was especially nice. We liked this hotel so much that we stayed at it again at the end of our trip before flying out of Detroit Airport to return home.

FYI: There is a PFChangs really close by!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northville
Hampton Inn Detroit Northville
Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Livonia/Novi
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!