“Great food and the owner is always there!”

Senate Coney Island
Ranked #25 of 87 Restaurants in Northville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Livonia, Michigan
“Great food and the owner is always there!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This place is awesome. The food is always great and George is always there to make sure everything is perfect. The traditional favorites are always great. I am a huge fan of the huge salads, George's Village salad is my all time favorite. The coney's are good. The Gyros are good, everything on the menu is good! They have a Tuesday Night Buffet and on some nights live music! Do yourself a favor and try to save room for dessert, the rice putting will send you over the top! I cannot wait to get back there!

• Visited May 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Looks like the clubhouse on the adjoining golf course, but isn't; great food”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

When I pulled into the parking lot, I thought I was in the wrong place. The building looked like the clubhouse to the adjoining golf course. Then I saw the sign and knew I was in the right place. When I entered the restaurant, I saw a woman singing karaoke to a group of senior citizens and wondered what I'd wandered into. Not until I walked down a hall to the back dining room did it look like a regular restaurant. For those unfamiliar, the term "coney island" is sort of generic (in the Detroit area) for a family diner, albeit one that serves coneys. Most of these places are run by Greeks, so you can get gyros, Greek salads, chili and a host of other similar food. But, they usually also have comfort food like mac and cheese and meatloaf. This place seemed to be full of locals. The food was good, filling and not expensive. Recommended.

• Visited July 2013
pt st lucie, florida
“Senate Coney Island is the best!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I grew up on Senates when they started in the 1960's on Livernois and Michigan Ave in Detroit. George has built many more and spends 7 days a week working, working , working. I respect his work ethic, his family morals and his heart of gold. Living in Florida has made me miss Senates because there are no coney islands down here! If I am in town, I've been known to eat 18-20 coneys in 5 days. I've tried so many coney islands in my lifetime but Senates has always been the best of them all. To see this restaurant and compare it to the livernois place is night and day and its all because George has earned it. The food is delicious and if anything is wrong at all you must speak with George he will fix it - period. These are good people!

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Built to please you”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Very seldom do you walk into a restaurant and have the feeling that everyone there is trying to make you happy. It happens here.
George the owner was nice enough to come by and check on us. After a few niceties, it was interesting to hear how concerned he was for his customers. A bad experience would ruin his day.
You will enjoy your experience here. Top shelf!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank John C
“We are frequent dinners”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Just a great place with great people........say hello to George!
The food is always good, hot and as fast or as slow as you like. In the summer eat outside on the beautiful patio and in the winter get a table near the fireplace. This restaurant gives back and cares for the community........George offers free holiday dinners to anyone who finds themselves alone for the holiday. No one should be alone.....and he gets my $$$

Visited December 2012