“The Best Express!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Shepherd, Michigan
“The Best Express!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am a single female traveler. I frequently travel to the greater Detroit area for work and have stayed at a number of hotels. I decided to check out this HI Express for one night back in February. I will return. It is a newer hotel and I was impressed by some of the more "green" elements noticable during my stay. For instance, once in my room I had to put my room key card into a holder in order to activate the lights. No chance to leave your room with all the lights burning. I like that kind of thing. Though most HI Exp breakfast bars are pretty standard, this one appeared to also have some different varieties of food (rice, omelets with salsa) than the usual. My only "inconvenience" (minor) was having to request my receipt at check out. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Now that I know exactly where this place is as well as the fact that there are plenty of food choices nearby; I will return.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room without an adjoining door.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Tina H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We strive to be the best express! Thank you for your wonderful support and comments! Guest safety, and satisfaction are our number one goals. We want to make you feel like you're at your home away from home! Pleasing our guests is what we love to do!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Wow! What a great staff here at the Holiday Inn Express outside of Detroit on Twelve Mile Road in Novi, Michigan. I was here from Monday to Friday and it was a wonderful stay. When I checked in, my room had a King Size bed instead of the 2 Queen beds. I called down to the Front Desk and they quickly changed my room to one a few doors down with 2 Queen Beds. They delivered the new key to me at my room and saved me the normal trip back down to the front desk to exchange keys. When I looked in the new room, I noticed there was not a refridgerator in it. Within 10 minutes there was a knock on my door and a refridgerator was brought in.
The first night it was snowing, so I decided to walk to dinner, which was all of 100 feet to the Ruby Tuesday's next door. There are a ton of Restaurants within 2 miles of this hotel.
Being an early riser, I called the front desk at 4:45am and asked when I can get Freshly brewed coffee. Robert at the Front desk said "I will make it for you right now". Another WOW!
Tina is the General Manager at this Hotel and works hard at doing a Fantastic job in every aspect needed to make a hotel run smoothly. The hotel is clean, safe and in a great location for Business. I will constantly stay here on my return trips to the Detroit area. The food staff does a great job of giving you a nice variety of food in addition to keeping the area clean and replenished when needed. Definetly a great place to stay.
......Greg T

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
We are so very glad you had a good experience while staying here with us. Pleasing our guests is what we love to do. We appreciate your support. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here to do some shopping and found the place to fit the bill in many ways.

- it was clean, comfortable and convenient
- staff was friendly, helpful and happy to assist with any questions
- the continental breakfast was adequate, nothing fancy, but they had plenty of everything on hand.

We'd definitely come back if in the same area again in the future.

Room Tip: We had a third floor king suite and the roominess, fridge/microwave was nice (plus they had plates i...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
We're so glad you chose to stay here with us while doing shopping in the Novi area! We know there are many hotels around, and we're appreciate you choosing us. Customer service is our specialty and we work hard at what we do. Hope you check us out again soon!
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice and comfortable! I will be staying here again! The price is pretty good for Detroit and the staff was super nice. Great experience! Only thin forgotten was my check out that they typically slide under the door but the desk staff was so nice I didn't mind! The sounds travel was good because I couldn't hear much where I can in most places I stay.

• Stayed January 2013
We are so glad that you chose our property to stay at while in the Novi area. We strive to be your number 1 choice while in Novi. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Michigan
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Just what I expect from HIEXP, parking was convenient, check in and check out were prompt, breakfast buffet was good as usual. Room was in good condition as well. When we visit 12 Oaks again, we will be staying here.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Great guest experiences is what we're all about here at the Holiday Inn Express in Novi. Thank you for your feedback and support!
Champaign, IL
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Friendly and patient staff is the attraction of this hotel. Very clean facility although the caulking in the bathroom was starting to deteriorate.

Would stay again. Prices were a little high for a HI Express during holiday season. They appear to cater to business travelers.

Grandkids loved the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Being a great hotel that guests love is our priority here at the Holiday Inn Express in Novi. We enjoy hearing all about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The front desk was very courteous and helpful and even called to the room to make sure everything was in order. The WiFi connection worked fine though it took a few extra key strokes to make it happen. The room was clean and comfortable. Based on previous reviews, I did ask for a room away from the expressway (room 336). I did not notice noise from other rooms though any noise in the hallway was easy to pick up.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. It is easy to get to and close to restaurants and mall.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
You are our report card, thank you for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you! See you next time!