“wouldnt stay there again”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 25 July 2012

it was clean and okay for the price offered, but is very far away from the air port and the traffic to and from the hotel is offel. I have not seen any house keepin to come in to clean for the four days i stay there. the place is very hard to find and prety much nothing around the area. not very welcoming enviroment. i wouldnt stay there next time even for much less price

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit – Novi. I am sorry your stay with us was not what you were looking for. Novi is a suburb of Detroit but yes, it’s probably 45+ minutes from the airport. I’m sorry you had trouble finding the hotel and weren’t happy with the location. Lastly, I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping service was not explained to you fully. We do not offer housekeeping service on a daily basis. We do replace towels, linens if needed. We provide a full cleaning after a guest stays with us seven days. Thank you again for your comments as it allows us to improve our overall service. If you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here for two weeks in July for a business trip and found the hotel room to be sufficient. The room was clean and everything in working order. The furnishings were a little bit older but it was all in good condition. The only issue I found was that you could hear the people in the adjoining rooms but at night we did not experience any problems with people being loud.

The staff was very friendly and the location is ideal because there are many restaurants and stores surrounding. Overall I felt this was a good hotel for a decent price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear our hotel worked out for you. I’m sorry for the inconvenience with the noise issues in adjacent rooms. I understand that might not have been ideal. We will work to find new ways to keep these disturbances from happening.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. The staff and I hope you will visit us again in the near future or any of our other brand locations.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I want thank all the staff at Extended Stay Deluxe of Novi for all they did and provided for me during my nearly year long stay. I would highly recommend this hotel while staying in Novi and surrounding areas. I was truly my home away from home!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you very much the nice review of your stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe – Detroit Novi. It’s great to hear we are delivering on our commitment of exceptional guest service. We very much appreciate your business; thank you!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

At any given time of day there would be no one at the desk, not very welcoming. It took four days into our stay to get a working stove- they were notified on the first. Housekeeping was once a week which was fine but they could at least have been thorough. Next time I would choose quality over economy and stay at a TownePlace Suites or Residence Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bwood86

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Novi. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we will renew our focus on total guest satisfaction every day.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I wanted to thank Hillary, Michelle, Phyllis, Adam, Vanessa and Chris for my wonderful stay at the "Extended Stary Deluxe-Novi". Their dedication in doing their jobs and kindness to the guests make it a great place for you to stay, if only for one night, or one year. I cannot thank them enough for such a fun place, and they seem to know everyone by "name". Good Luck and Thanks!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Novi. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Great front desk help who made sure I got what I needed

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback. I'm glad our staff took good care of you. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My family is staying here right now while we are waiting for our new house to be finished and we love it. We have a newborn and a 3 year old with us and there is plenty of room for them to play and move around and not feel cramped. We never hear any of the other guests and I am pretty sure they can't hear us since they are not complaining. They have gone out of there way to accommodate us and make feel at home. The location is great and close to major freeways and lots of shopping, the staff is very friendly and helpful and everything is very clean and kept up. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a long term situation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Novi. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Novi
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Hampton Inn Detroit Northville
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place? Share your experiences!