“Not a Hotel for a single night.”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this room on a name your own price site as a express deal. It was a value at $35 per night. Granted for that price you can't expect much but this hotel should not be offered as a hotel. This is an extended stay. We were coming back from a concert in Detroit and we needed two beds. We were told that they didn't have any but there was a pull out couch.

We were unable to get any pillows and they would not bring us sheets. They made us go to the front desk rather than house keeping bring them up. They do not offer any sort of shampoo or toiletries in the room. They were all out when we call the front desk.

That being said it was clean though older and I am sure it would be great as an extended stay but not suited for a single night stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JGH509
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of customer service during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dnv@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

After visiting 3 other extended stays in the area, I was afraid that I was going to have to find another plan for my upcoming 6 week stay for medical treatment. But as soon as I walked into this location, I knew it was muuuuch better than the others. Chris, working the front desk, helped me view a couple of room options and told me about others. We also discussed other extended stay locations and which ones would be a good fit for my needs. I was so impressed by his knowledge of different room layouts and amenities at other locations! After learning where I would receive my treatment, he helped me identify other extended stay locations also within driving distance in case I have trouble booking the type of room I would like/need. By giving me so much info and answering all of my questions and generally going above and beyond, Chris saved me a great deal of time, driving, and energy. This is especially important to someone with a chronic illness. I do hope that, once I know the exact dates of my stay, that I am able to book this location because of Chris's excellent customer service. But if not, he helped me identify other extended stay locations that will fit my needs.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kycasc
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our overall accommodations and friendly staff, especially Chris. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I arrived very early the week before Christmas, about 11am, I had liquid gifts that would freeze in the vehicle (it was 17 degrees), host allowed us to get into our room early so we could dump the gifts off. I was pleasantly surprised since this was a priceline pic surprise and my hubby stayed in one in NC Raleigh suburb for a month and it stunk like curry and cigs all the time. Room was amazing clean (2nd floor) Very comfy bed and my 26 yr old daughter said the sofa bed was the best she ever slept on, ;) Plenty of pillow assortment to fit all needs. Bathroom was spotless as was the kitchen. The stove inside was dirty inside, but I didn't care, I wasn't using it. The utensils were scarce but no problem. There is a full stove, frig & microwave. The price was great for the area, and every time I return to visit family, this will be my stayover. So worth the $ 39 price, Room was set up with a separate seating area Like an L shape, good size for the price. I have stayed at a lot of places over my years and I am happy with this place , especially for priceline 2 star pic of $39, $48 with all taxes. Morning cont. breakfast was nothing to brag about, just oranges, granola bars, things to make with hot water (oatmeal,hot chocolate,tea) and I was the only girl there so I felt a bit funny but felt safe. Located off Haggerty just N of 8 mile, on side street behind Office store. Quiet sleep. ;)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I posted a review after my stay at Orchard Hill Place but apparently the manager there has enough pull because they wouldn't print it. This was the worst place I've ever stayed. The stove and oven were FILTHY... like out of the dumpster filthy! The bathroom was a wreck, the shower rod hanging my a hope and a prayer. This non-smoking room had four pillows, each of which WREAKED of smoke!! The man above my room enjoyed kicking his boots across the room above my head whenever he decided to. The exercise room was closed down. The hallways were LOADED with leaves. THEN THEY SHUT THE WATER OFF TO MY ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SHOWER!!!!!!! I'm headed to visit my Mother in a Nursing home and can't finish rinsing from my shower, can't shave and can't brush my teeth!!! What kind of a "Hotel" is this??? No compensation, no room rate adjustment... nothing. I had to pack up eight bags of groceries, my clothes, my toiletries, laptop, phone (get it??) and head to another hotel. I went around the corner to another Extended Stay and they treated me like GOLD. This place is an absolute DUMP and the staff were dead heads. They made me use a bathroom IN THE HOUSEKEEPING DEPT!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE! HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: Ask for water in the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank james p
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Spent almost a year at this hotel, great area, staff made me feel at home. Rooms super clean, kept clean and if I had any issues with anything in the room super quick on repairing. Made a long stay, a long way from home very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm thrilled that we made you feel "at home" as that is one of our primary goals! The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Extended Stay America in Novi Michigan is a great place to stay, for the past four years I spend two days there in October for training in the area, rooms are clean and quite, everything is well maintained. Staff makes you feel welcome. No need to look elsewhere for a room.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are the same, always good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area next October.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I found everything good & clean and staff friendly. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. I am very much satisfied with all the provided aminities. Rooms are calm and safe during my stay.
I will stay in this Hotel everytime I come here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Orchard Hill Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Chandra - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you found your room to be spacious as well as comfortable and the staff to be friendly. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.