“Tucked Away!”

Residence Inn Detroit Novi
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for 30+ days on a recent business trip. The front desk staff were nice and went out of their way to help me when needed. My room was clean and best of all it was QUITE. I really liked how it was tucked away behind the shopping areas. There was plenty of parking without too much crowding. The area felt very safe and was close to shopping. It was well located making it easy to get around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Detroit Novi

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel staff was very courteous and made sure that I had everything that I needed. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The hotel was kind of pricey since I was in Michigan for a week but you get what you pay for. Breakfast was good, a different variety each day and the evening snacks were great as well. Location was great had several shopping areas and a variety of restaurants to choose from. I would definitely choose this location if ever visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This property is generally well-maintained and well-appointed. Cleanliness was good with the exception of mildew on the shower curtain - a pet peeve. The breakfast and manager's evening reception/light dinner were well-done. Staff are courteous, although not always technically strong. Some challenges with correctly billing and processing room charges, even after multiple calls from my corporate travel coordinator.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were there for a baseball tournament - very accommodating for a big noisy group. However, I really hate mildew on my shower curtains. My son bought a soda from the store by the front desk and it had expired months ago. If this was a cheap stay, I wouldn't complain, but for what I paid, this is not acceptable. The pillows are awful,too. We are going back in 2 weeks for another tournament - we will bring our own pillows and cross our fingers on clean. The store, on the other hand...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed a few nights for my son's baseball tournament. The staff was super friendly, we were able to shoot some hoops on the hotel's basketball court. The room was clean, we had a full kitchen, full fridge, dishwasher and the works. Our bed was very comfortable, bathrooms had granite countertop and were immaculate. They have a nice courtyard that the parents could sit in at night with a nice grill to use for cooking. One night we ordered pizza and they allowed us to set it up in the breakfast area and gave us tinfoil to wrap up the extra for lunch the next day. My family travels quite a bit and this was one of the best service experiences we've had. We will definately stay there next year when we attend the tournament.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J0hn40
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband, son, dog, cat and I stayed at this property for ten weeks in the fall of 2012. I can't say enough positive things about our experience.

The location of the hotel is great for an extended stay. There is a mall just blocks away, many restaurants, every big box store imaginable, proximity to the highway, and a Chuck E. Cheese across the street for the kids. We had access to everything we needed while in a temporary residence.

Katie, the GM, is friendly and eager to resolve any issues that may arise. Katie has assembled an excellent team, all of whom took care of anything we needed quickly and eagerly, even things that didn't necessarily fall into their purview. They went out of their way to be helpful and to let us know they were happy to have us as guests.

Breakfast and dinner were always fully stocked and served with a smile, especially when Dominique was in charge. My son spent a lot of time in the pool, and I enjoyed the 24-hour coffee service. The staff were always willing to chat with my son, giving him treats and making him feel special.

We were especially pleased with the friendliness, attentiveness and professionalism of our housekeeper, Lyuda. Not only did she clean our rooms thoroughly, she fed the pets and even took the dog outside for us. By the end of our stay, we considered her a member of the family.

We grew so fond of the staff that my son begs to visit, and we stop in to say hello whenever we're in the area. Thank you to Katie, Sarah, Dave, Dominique, Laura, Leanne, Lyuda, Misha, Gabe, Mohammed and the rest of the staff for taking great care of us and making the Residence Inn an enjoyable home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank georgiagymdog
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were in town for the synchronized ice skating event. So we had about 80 girls and their parents, coaches etc staying here.
When we had arrived we had been traveling in a bus for 9 hours through a bad snowstorm. We were all very crabby and tired. What a delight to come into your hotel and be handed our room key and check each family into their rooms in 2 minutes and less. Thank you for being so organized on that. Our girls were tired and it was great not to have to wait long.
When we got to our room which had a "Queen" bed and a pull out sofa I found the linens for the bed in the closet and had to make up the pull out sofa bed. Not hard to do but mot fun when your so tired. As we were making the bed I have to say that I was extremely grossed out on the condition of the pull out bed mattress. It had multiple stains and was very old looking. I felt really bad for the young girl that I had to make the bed up for. I could tell she was upset and grossed out.
As for the regular bed. I cant help but think its not a true Queen size. I had to sleep with my daughter and it was a rough night as we were on top of each other basically. I have a queen bed at home and I think your bed is not true to its advertising. Needless to say I think you should up grade your beds as it was like sleeping on a rock. That is really my only complaints about your hotel. New beds and new pull outs. Then i think you would be good to go. The room was very clean. The breakfast in the morning was great. Your staff was wonderful to our families and our needs. Anything we needed they helped with. I would not stay again though as it would be easier/cheaper to have a room with two double beds then to pay for a room with two queen beds that are like doubles because I would not ever want to put anyone on that sleep out sofa again. It's a easy fix. I think you should look into it.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family