“One of the best Chinese meals I've ever had”
Review of China Cafe

China Cafe
Ranked #4 of 202 Restaurants in Novi
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I read all the reviews here prior to going and as you can imagine my expectations were pretty high. I'm a big fan of PF Changs and this place is all that and more. The atmosphere was great, I had dinner with a business colleague but this place would be good for a date dinner as well. The food was excellent, only negative was the service wasn't as attentive as Changs, but certainly nothing I'd complain about.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

when we walked in, the first thing we noticed was the beautiful atmosphere.the decor was comfortable, yet elegant, and the service was excellent!if felt like we got our food in a matter of moments, and it was fresh, visually appealing, and delicious!

1  Thank iloveittoo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We celebrated my father's birthday here with a group of 12 family members and it was a very festive occasion. I have NEVER received better service in a restaurant for a group of this size in my life; friendly and super efficient. We were all very impressed. As there were so many of us, we ordered a lot of different things and got to taste a large number of the dishes on the menu, and the quality across the board was very high. There were a couple of disappointments, including my dad's dish unfortunately. His duck in spicy orange sauce was quite heavily fried and the sauce lacked character. But this was a small exception. The fish specials (walleye and salmon) were divine, and everybody loved the spicy calamari appetizer and the Szechwan eggplant with pork. This is surely the best Chinese restaurant for miles around.

1  Thank DB1183
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were in Novi from Toronto, Canada for a family Bar Mitzvah and decided to try out this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. Their chicken lettuce wrap had a wonderful flavour; their sauces had complex, beautiful flavour with a light texture and the meat and vegetables were cooked to the right consistencies. The service was impeccable without the attitude experienced at PF Chang. We travel all over the world, eat out regularly and were thrilled to find this terrific gem.

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Unexpectedly good. Doesn't look like much from the road, but the inside is very nice. Staff was attentive and very friendly. Food was very flavorful. A great dining experience. This will be our go to Chinese place from now on.