“A Brand New Hotel - No shuttle???”

Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Daytona Beach, Florida
“A Brand New Hotel - No shuttle???”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I always try and stay with Hyatt when I travel and the shuttle service they offer is always a nice touch. This hotel is not walking distance to a single place to dine. When I asked why the hotel did not offer shuttle service for their guests the answer I received was "well, we've only been open for seven months". Really?
It cost me $30 round trip to go about four miles for dinner. The ride cost more than my meal!

(The front desk staff are all pretty young. A lot of huddling around the front desk and giggling like a group of high school juniors)

Room Tip: The guest rooms feature two sets of blinds. One sheer set you can see though and a second to lower...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the experience you had here. Our goal is to maintain our high standards, so that each guest has a pleasant experience. I am very concerned that the interaction with our staff was not satisfactory. Please know that your feedback is valuable to us. I will be passing this along to our staff to make sure that we are concentrating on areas we can improve on. I will also be passing along your suggestion for a shuttle. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed while on a business trip. Nice hotel - new. I like that it was attached to the convention center. Room was a nice size, 2 Q beds - desk - fridge - L-shaped sofa. Room was nice, clean & comfortable. Nice bathroom with plenty of counter space (I've come to dislike vessel sinks - they take up too much flat space! this one was vessel free!). Nice complimentary breakfast. Noise from hallways easily heard in the room. I finally put a towel under the door to cut down on the hall noise. Zach at the front desk was awesome - he went out of his way to greet you and even offered a tour. When I said I was too tired to take a tour the girls laughed - maybe they should take a lesson on real customer service (they never acknowledged anyone when they passed by or walked in the front door!) Housekeeping was very polite. I'd stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room, and had a pleasant experience with Zach. He is a perfect example of the service that we strive to provide to each one of our guests. Please know that your feedback is important to us, and that I will review this with all of our staff to ensure they are providing everyone with the same great experience. We look forward to seeing you at your next stay!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

As a Hyatt Diamond, I have stayed at many Hyatt properties across the globe, and I have never been as underwhelmed by a property as I have by this one! The one breath of fresh air was Zach who welcomed me to the hotel and offered me a tour, but I didn't want to take him up on it as there were guests behind me and he was the only one manning the front desk. He had to answer phones, check in guests, man the bar, offer directions to guests.... He is a consummate professional, and an asset to Hyatt!

Getting to the hotel is a maze as it's located in the Suburban Collection Showplace. The rooms were nice although smaller than any other Hyatt Place I've been in. The lobby and breakfast area was larger than almost any other Hyatt Place I've been in.

My biggest issue was that they ran out of food for breakfast at 9:30 AM on a Sunday morning when breakfast runs until 10 AM. I expect that I should be able to sleep in, and not have to rush to breakfast on a Sunday morning to get something to eat! There were no visible staff handling breakfast for most of our visit, so while I wanted to order a hot chocolate, after 15 minutes I just gave up. When I mentioned the lack of food, the person at the desk said he's sorry but they didn't order enough. Seriously??!!

The noise level in the rooms was incredibly loud, and there were no signs requesting quiet during certain hours as I've seen in other Hyatt hotels.

Hyatt is always my hotel of choice, and I have always had very positive experiences at Hyatt properties, and written many 5 star reviews about them on Trip Advisor, but this hotel is completely unacceptable and a shame to the Hyatt brand!!

I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hyatt. Hyatt Place Livonia is nearby.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay as it allows the opportunity to grow. We strive to provide great customer service and are thrilled to hear you experienced it from our employee, Zach. We also completely agree that a Hyatt stay should be a 5 star experience and with the help of your review, we will work with our team to ensure we provide that in the future.
Spring Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our family of 5 just stayed here in February. The staff was very nice and helpful. We forgot to pack water wings for our children and they had some we could borrow. What a life saver !! The rooms are very nice and spacious. The place is very clean and modern. The only negative thing was that there was an rv show at the showplace connected to the hotel and we could not find a place to park. As hotel guests we shouldn't have had to worry about this. We will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
We truly appreciate your review. We’re glad to hear you received friendly and helpful service during your stay and our team will be working on ways to better provide ample parking for our guests. We look forward to your future stays!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I love to stay at Hyatt
Places and I was excited to stay at this new one. The girls at the front desk are very very rude. I felt as though they were having fun while being rude. I will never return. The hotel itself was very clean and it was in a great area.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Maryblakey
Ligia P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Ms.Blakey,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our property and please accept my apology for the rude staff you experienced during your stay. I’m very concerned about your experience and would truly appreciate getting to discuss it with you. Rude service is never tolerated, and with your information we will be to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Please contact me when you can at 248-513-4111 ext.5102.
South Lyon, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Customer service horrible. Had prepaid reservations and ID. Refused us our room without additional credit card and refused cash. Put myself and 12 year old daughter out in 20 degree weather to walk around building to attached complex. Manager Kendra is the worst. Don't stay here! Better service at a cheap motel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your experience with us. For our employee’s safety, we do have strict procedures that are needed to be followed once our staff has been threatened by a guest. If you have any questions or would like to further discuss this, please feel free to call me at 248-513-4111 ext.5102.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2014

You get a pretty decent suite, which is the stand room for this hotel at a very decent price. You won't regret staying here. The hotel is new and very clean; for a person who travels a lot, I don't usually don't have to say good things about most of the hotels. I will stay here in the future, no doubt.

Room Tip: it's not for romance; you'll get a parking lot or a highway view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ms.Anita,

We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations. That is goal we set for ourselves for each guest we serve, and are so happy we did so during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!