“Best choice for convention stay & otherwise!”

Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was in town in early May for the Michigan International Women's Show, which my company produces at the Suburban Collection Showplace and spent 7 nights total. This was actually my 2nd stay and while very good the first time, I noticed a few changes that made this visit event better.

Check in was swift and the front desk staff could not have been more friendly. I requested a room away from the interstate because during my last stay in January, the sound of 6 lanes of traffic on I-96 was VERY loud, I was informed by the front desk staff that they had made upgrades to the windows making the rooms more soundproof. Upon entering the room, the difference was overwhelmingly evident! This was very important to me as quality sleep during this demanding work week was of the utmost importance. The room itself is very spacious, sparkling new/clean and very comfortable. The free wi-fi is an absolute plus and I loved the sofa/sitting area. The bathroom is new & modern with really good lighting. A+ for design & comfort.

Obviously, the location is perfect since our event was being held at The Showplace. The hotel is attached, so a quick walk each morning and voila! - we were where we needed to be. There are many restaurants, shops etc., in the immediate vicinity - though we really never had a chance to explore - the area is great for those who have a bit more free time.

The 24-hr gallery menu was a lifesaver for us (as was the Starbucks coffee!) the food was excellent, well priced and the variety was plentiful. A few of my personal favorites: the artichoke flat-bread & the tortilla soup. I also appreciated the calorie count on the menu which helps those counting calories (yours truly) make better choices. The complimentary breakfast was very good and just what we needed to kick-start the day. From oatmeal, to hot sandwiches, fruits, cereals & muffins - the selection provided a little something for everyone.

Overall, this is a great choice whether in town to shop or for attending an event at The Showplace. Having booked a block of rooms for our attendees, it was important that they appreciate the accommodations as well. The response was very positive. I am certain our group will continue to utilize the new Hyatt for the yearly event.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy you were able to enjoy our newly sound proofed rooms and had a pleasant experience with our hotel staff. We always try to make sure we are enhancing our guest experience, and in this case Im glad to see we have succeeded! We hope to see your agian at your future stay in Novi.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

What a beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly and assisted in all of our hotel needs . In fact they went out of their way for us. The house made treats that one of the managers put out for guests were so nice....and free. . I think her name was Kendra and she made our stay very nice. The hotel is new and has such beautiful and comfortable decor . Every part of the hotel is very spacious from the lobby, bar and dinning area ....to the rooms. Another plus is that it is connected to the Suburban Showcase so if you are attending an event there...you don't even have to step outside to get to it. (but the workers at the Suburban Showplace are all rude as heck and need to take a few lessons from The Hyatt Place employess) The food from the hotel 24/7 ordering cafe is very delicious and not bad in price. So if you want to enjoy a wonderful hotel stay in a very clean and beautiful hotel with extra friendly staff...check in at this Hyatt Place and you will have a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from Wedding Party or Convention guest rooms as well as rooms for guests with pe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am personally happy to hear that I was able to provide you with a pleasant stay, as well as some home made treats from our kitchen! I will be sure to pass along your comments about staff service with The Suburban Showplace employees, and hope that you will be able to enjoy another night with us in the future. Again, that you for your review!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you are attending an event at the center, I highly recommend this hotel. Very clean lobby, room, bathroom, and breakfast area. We attended a family event at the convention center.

The rooms are SUPER clean, very tidy, with modern decor. I admit, I am the customer who looks for things like dirty light switches, grimey remotes, or peeling wallpaper. NONE of these occurred at the Hyatt. :-) We felt so relaxed. Central air was a nice touch too.

We ordered from the 24 hr menu for dinner, and did not venture out to eat. We ordered "to go" type food, and it was decent. The breakfast was hot, tasty, and had choices for myself and my picky child. The coffee was hot, and delicious.

Additionally, the customer service was great. They were busy at check in, and during breakfast, but I never felt rushed. Zack checked us in, and he was friendly, efficient, and helpful. I have worked in customer service for 15 years, and over the years, I often find myself wondering if people understand what customer service means anymore... but this was not the case with the Hyatt, and especially with Zach.

This is our choice hotel at the next convention.

Room Tip: Some web sites claim 24 hr check in, but it is a 3:00 p.m. check in. Some rooms have a better view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Its wonderful that you were able to enjoy the amenities at our hotel, as well as your pleasant experience with Zach. He is always a perfect example of the cutomer service provided at our property. We hope to see you again at your next stay in Novi.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights, and were totally pleased with everything. The room was large, comfortable, and inviting. Everything was new and clean, bathroom was large and bright with a great shower. The staff was excellent, EVERY person we met had a hello and a smile. We slept very well and did not hear any road noise. The swimming pool was very nice - a lap pool - and so was the workout area. All the machines were working well and they even provided ear phones. Breakfast was good, with all the usual items you'd see at a good hotel, plus a different hot item each day, (breakfast sandwich, waffles, french toast, scrambled eggs and sausage). Both check-in and check-out were quick and easy. The location was great for us, close to restaurants and near the expressway. I highly recommend this Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eaglator
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Im very happy to see that we have left such a great impression with you. We hope to see you again at your next visit to Novi!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Staff at this hotel are great, smile and are friendly. The rooms are new, clean and offer amenities like in room coffee and small refrigerator. This hotel is really situated for those with events at the convention center. You will need a car to drive to the restaurant areas. A cab will cost about $15-$20 one way to the mall.

The hotel has a bar that is opened late bad serves food 24/7 by the order. My only complaints are that housekeeping failed to clean my ro the 2nd day and there is no hot tub.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff. It is our goal to make sure that each guest that visits with us enjoys their experience. I will make sure to share this review with our staff as well as housekeeping to ensure that we are maintaining our goal of exemplary standards. We hope to see you again at your next visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for a trade show. Room had everything we needed to be comfortable and productive for the weekend. Décor was modern and enjoyable. Plenty of good lighting. Room was clean, linens were clean, crisp and fluffy. Breakfast was yummy. Very handy to convention center. Definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, as well as our complimentary AM Skillet. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I always try and stay with Hyatt when I travel and the shuttle service they offer is always a nice touch. This hotel is not walking distance to a single place to dine. When I asked why the hotel did not offer shuttle service for their guests the answer I received was "well, we've only been open for seven months". Really?
It cost me $30 round trip to go about four miles for dinner. The ride cost more than my meal!

(The front desk staff are all pretty young. A lot of huddling around the front desk and giggling like a group of high school juniors)

Room Tip: The guest rooms feature two sets of blinds. One sheer set you can see though and a second to lower...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the experience you had here. Our goal is to maintain our high standards, so that each guest has a pleasant experience. I am very concerned that the interaction with our staff was not satisfactory. Please know that your feedback is valuable to us. I will be passing this along to our staff to make sure that we are concentrating on areas we can improve on. I will also be passing along your suggestion for a shuttle. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.