“Over the top pleasurable experience!”

Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Novi
“Over the top pleasurable experience!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My stay here has been above and beyond any experience I've had at a home away from home. The staff is beyond excellent will not only to go an extra mile but expansively farther to make the stay a pleasant one. Their facilities are unmatched by any of the other hotels in the area and I would gladly stay here every time I'm in town. To be honest, I'm sad that I have to leave in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr. Knight,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you think so highly of our staff members! It is our goal to make every guest that stays at our property have an unmatched experience. We are happy to have you staying with us, and look forward to seeing you again at your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I like Hyatt Places largely because I stayed at this one for a business meeting. I find the model to be excellent. Overall the rooms were excellent, staff was friendly and that entire experience was pleasurable.

Not much around besides the convention center. You'll have to drive to go to shops or restaurants, but there are many within 5 minutes or so.

Here's some trivia - Why Novi?? Because it was stop number 6 on the railroad - No.VI!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Triptickle
Thank you for taking the time to review your enjoyment of Hyatt Place Hotels. We are the 1st Second generation Hyatt Place hotel in Michigan, so we are always pleased to hear that you enjoy the new modern décor. It is always our goal to provide each guest with excellent service and a pleasant stay. Also, thank you for sharing some interesting trivia! We hope to see you again on your next stay in No.VI, MI!
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed, with our staff at the Hyatt Place in Novi MI a couple of weeks ago for a convention. The staff at the hotel were fantastic. Everyone had a smile on their faces and they were completely sincere. The hotel is new and the rooms and beds were very comfortable. I woud highly recommend anyone going to a convention in Novi to make sure they stay at the Hyatt and not another hotel as it is connected to the convention center. And the people there go out of their way to make your stay comfortable! P.S. Breakfast is included and it's excellent! Jim, Linda, Don and the Max Yield sales team.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jim, Linda, Don and The Max Yield Sales team,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is always happy to provide our guest with genuine, purposeful service. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary A.M. Skillet breakfast. Thank you for your continued business, we look forward to your next stay with us!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean comfortable hotel. We had a late check in, front desk staff was great! They where very friendly and even gave us a tour of the hotel. This is a newer property so everything is modern and very very clean. Great room service menu with gluten free options! We where able to order food even though it was late.

Hotel was surprisingly quiet. I had no idea there where so many people staying there until we went down for breakfast. Breakfast was packed, staff did a great job keeping everything filled and hot. We did have a problem with housekeeping however, after one phone call it was immediately taken care of.

Great clean property, friendly staff, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure that we provide excellent customer service to each one of our valued guests. I am pleased that we were able to meet your needs on your stay with us. I will be sure to share this review with our staff to make sure we maintain our high standards of service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Novi.
Charleston
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in town to work at the International Women's Show, which was in the Suburban Collection Showplace, staying 6 nights. We took advantage of a group rate & really enjoyed the convenience of staying at a hotel connected to the convention center. Parking was included, the staff was friendly, the room was spacious, bed very comfortable, and a nice breakfast was included. If we have the opportunity to return, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer, as well as attend your event at the Suburban Collection Showplace. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here for MotorCity comic con and I was so impressed I had to take a moment to write a review. Unfortunately,packages were delivered to the property but never got to me. The ENTIRE hotel staff was concerned and worked to find my items. When this was not possible, the manager did everything in his power to make things right. Bad things happen, mistakes happen - to me the measure of a good property is how it is handled. I cannot thank the staff of this hotel enough for the professionalism and courtsey that I have been shown. I will jump at the chance to stay here again. Everyone, from the manager to the lovely lady who cleaned my room was polite, professional and above all FRIENDLY! It's not easy to be on the road, but with people like this, it sure is a lot better. There is a bar attached to the front desk (yes, you read that right) and teh fire side lounge. The fireside is always packed but the bar by the lounge (where breakfast is served) has full service and is quiet. A great place to sit and catch up with friends. Plus, it's attached to the convention (WIN!).

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely
Green Features: They encourage you to reuse towls etc, they recycle.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear that even our General Manager, Ryan was able to assist you as well as the rest of our concerned staff. We make sure that each experience with us can be a pleasurable one, even when the situation is not favorable. Unfortunatly we didnt retrieve your package, but you were still able to have an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to our staff members, and hope to see you again on your next stay!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was in town in early May for the Michigan International Women's Show, which my company produces at the Suburban Collection Showplace and spent 7 nights total. This was actually my 2nd stay and while very good the first time, I noticed a few changes that made this visit event better.

Check in was swift and the front desk staff could not have been more friendly. I requested a room away from the interstate because during my last stay in January, the sound of 6 lanes of traffic on I-96 was VERY loud, I was informed by the front desk staff that they had made upgrades to the windows making the rooms more soundproof. Upon entering the room, the difference was overwhelmingly evident! This was very important to me as quality sleep during this demanding work week was of the utmost importance. The room itself is very spacious, sparkling new/clean and very comfortable. The free wi-fi is an absolute plus and I loved the sofa/sitting area. The bathroom is new & modern with really good lighting. A+ for design & comfort.

Obviously, the location is perfect since our event was being held at The Showplace. The hotel is attached, so a quick walk each morning and voila! - we were where we needed to be. There are many restaurants, shops etc., in the immediate vicinity - though we really never had a chance to explore - the area is great for those who have a bit more free time.

The 24-hr gallery menu was a lifesaver for us (as was the Starbucks coffee!) the food was excellent, well priced and the variety was plentiful. A few of my personal favorites: the artichoke flat-bread & the tortilla soup. I also appreciated the calorie count on the menu which helps those counting calories (yours truly) make better choices. The complimentary breakfast was very good and just what we needed to kick-start the day. From oatmeal, to hot sandwiches, fruits, cereals & muffins - the selection provided a little something for everyone.

Overall, this is a great choice whether in town to shop or for attending an event at The Showplace. Having booked a block of rooms for our attendees, it was important that they appreciate the accommodations as well. The response was very positive. I am certain our group will continue to utilize the new Hyatt for the yearly event.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy you were able to enjoy our newly sound proofed rooms and had a pleasant experience with our hotel staff. We always try to make sure we are enhancing our guest experience, and in this case Im glad to see we have succeeded! We hope to see your agian at your future stay in Novi.