“Great end after a rough start”

Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Novi
South Pittsburg, Tennessee
“Great end after a rough start”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We came to town to visit family and stayed at a Red Roof Inn for one night. It was terrible so we looked for another place. We had our dog with us , so it had to be pet friendly. Found the Hyatt and glad we did. It was a wonderful experience! The room was beautiful-I felt like we were in a spa. The breakfast was very nice and the area where you could buy cupcakes and cookies was a good addition. I only wish the extra price for the dog was not quite so high, but the hotel was worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay with us! We are always pleased to make your stay in Novi a better one. I am very happy to hear that you not only enjoyed our rooms, but also had a chance to grab some fresh baked items from our Bakery Café! We look forward to your future stays with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My stay here has been above and beyond any experience I've had at a home away from home. The staff is beyond excellent will not only to go an extra mile but expansively farther to make the stay a pleasant one. Their facilities are unmatched by any of the other hotels in the area and I would gladly stay here every time I'm in town. To be honest, I'm sad that I have to leave in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mr. Knight,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you think so highly of our staff members! It is our goal to make every guest that stays at our property have an unmatched experience. We are happy to have you staying with us, and look forward to seeing you again at your next stay!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I like Hyatt Places largely because I stayed at this one for a business meeting. I find the model to be excellent. Overall the rooms were excellent, staff was friendly and that entire experience was pleasurable.

Not much around besides the convention center. You'll have to drive to go to shops or restaurants, but there are many within 5 minutes or so.

Here's some trivia - Why Novi?? Because it was stop number 6 on the railroad - No.VI!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Triptickle
Thank you for taking the time to review your enjoyment of Hyatt Place Hotels. We are the 1st Second generation Hyatt Place hotel in Michigan, so we are always pleased to hear that you enjoy the new modern décor. It is always our goal to provide each guest with excellent service and a pleasant stay. Also, thank you for sharing some interesting trivia! We hope to see you again on your next stay in No.VI, MI!
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed, with our staff at the Hyatt Place in Novi MI a couple of weeks ago for a convention. The staff at the hotel were fantastic. Everyone had a smile on their faces and they were completely sincere. The hotel is new and the rooms and beds were very comfortable. I woud highly recommend anyone going to a convention in Novi to make sure they stay at the Hyatt and not another hotel as it is connected to the convention center. And the people there go out of their way to make your stay comfortable! P.S. Breakfast is included and it's excellent! Jim, Linda, Don and the Max Yield sales team.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jim, Linda, Don and The Max Yield Sales team,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is always happy to provide our guest with genuine, purposeful service. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary A.M. Skillet breakfast. Thank you for your continued business, we look forward to your next stay with us!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean comfortable hotel. We had a late check in, front desk staff was great! They where very friendly and even gave us a tour of the hotel. This is a newer property so everything is modern and very very clean. Great room service menu with gluten free options! We where able to order food even though it was late.

Hotel was surprisingly quiet. I had no idea there where so many people staying there until we went down for breakfast. Breakfast was packed, staff did a great job keeping everything filled and hot. We did have a problem with housekeeping however, after one phone call it was immediately taken care of.

Great clean property, friendly staff, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013
KendraRamos, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure that we provide excellent customer service to each one of our valued guests. I am pleased that we were able to meet your needs on your stay with us. I will be sure to share this review with our staff to make sure we maintain our high standards of service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Novi.
Charleston
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in town to work at the International Women's Show, which was in the Suburban Collection Showplace, staying 6 nights. We took advantage of a group rate & really enjoyed the convenience of staying at a hotel connected to the convention center. Parking was included, the staff was friendly, the room was spacious, bed very comfortable, and a nice breakfast was included. If we have the opportunity to return, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer, as well as attend your event at the Suburban Collection Showplace. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here for MotorCity comic con and I was so impressed I had to take a moment to write a review. Unfortunately,packages were delivered to the property but never got to me. The ENTIRE hotel staff was concerned and worked to find my items. When this was not possible, the manager did everything in his power to make things right. Bad things happen, mistakes happen - to me the measure of a good property is how it is handled. I cannot thank the staff of this hotel enough for the professionalism and courtsey that I have been shown. I will jump at the chance to stay here again. Everyone, from the manager to the lovely lady who cleaned my room was polite, professional and above all FRIENDLY! It's not easy to be on the road, but with people like this, it sure is a lot better. There is a bar attached to the front desk (yes, you read that right) and teh fire side lounge. The fireside is always packed but the bar by the lounge (where breakfast is served) has full service and is quiet. A great place to sit and catch up with friends. Plus, it's attached to the convention (WIN!).

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely