“My home away from home for me and A Fido too”

Staybridge Suites - Novi
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Brighton
“My home away from home for me and A Fido too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stay here often when visiting family and I have to say this hotel is GREAT! I travel alone a lot and I feel very secure staying here without hubby, Kim the wonderful front desk lady even asked if I prefer a second floor vs first floor room! I usually get the queen suite since I get a great military discount and this is one of the few hotels I stay at where you constantly see people cleaning the common areas, windows, etc.
Across the street is a Krogers, restaurants, gym (they will give day passes, anytime fitness, great staff there too) and the hotel is located near I-96. This is an excellent hotel to stay at if you have a dog, plenty of walking areas and walking nature paths around the hospital, built on an old golf course grounds so there is lots of nice dog area! Sets back off the main drag so no noise issues.
The breakfast buffet is better than average and on tues, weds, thurs nights they have a salad bar/pizza bar or the likes. each room has a stove, pans, dishes, dishwasher, refrigerator, towels, etc. microwave. very nice. pool, hottub very nice n clean too! used exercise room on occasions but go to gym across the street. there are washers n dryers at no charge next to exercise room on the first floor.
only bad thing is the sign for advertising is VERY hard to see from main drag..I lived here for years before I realized this was here :( thought it was part of the hospital! A hidden gem!
Kim is super and very nice and helpful, but so is all the staff...thanks for a great stay

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
West Lorne,Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Great staff, rooms, and service. Within minutes to shopping and restaurants. Well maintained. A good breakfast is provided. I would recommend for business or vacation travel. Free parking with lots of spots and no noise issues with traffic or guests/staff.

• Stayed June 2012
Portage, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I write this review at the end of our two night stay while I watch my kids in the pool. There are no bad things to say about this hotel. There are two things that I wish were different and one of them can't be fixed. The thing that can be immediately improved is the fitness center. There is enough room to improve the type and quality of equipment and to increase the resistence training equipment. There is a television, plentiful towels and supplies and lots of floor space. The room itself is easily accessible and is very, very clean.

The thing that can't be changed is the seating area space for breakfast. The design of the breakfast area is small which I suspect is not an issue during the business week, but was cramped for a weekend full of soccer families.

Now, the good stuff (and there is a lot of good stuff). We checked in Friday evening about 9:00 and were met by a very pleasant desk clerk who got us checked-in and squared away immediately. I was very pleased that he asked for my government ID because that doesn't happen as often as it should. We got the exact room we reserved and the room was prepared properly and smelled fresh. The suite/room was two "queen" beds and a pullout sofa bed. Be advised that these "queen" are double beds that the hotel industry has renamed (no matter what any hotel says, a bed that only fits two regular pillows is a double). There is a full-size refridgerator, a two-burner electric stove and a full-power microwave. The kitchen has all of the dishes and cookware necessary for extended stays. There are two flat screen televisions and a nicely sized storage closet in the room. One very nice thing about this property is that there is a seperate storage area available for right down the hall from the room itssel. All parts of the room were not just clean, but immaculate. no dust on the baseboards, no cobwebs or dirt buildup in the tiled areas. When you travel as much as we do, this is something that is to be celebrated when you find it because it doesn't happen often. The room was quiet and we had access to the outdoor parking lot and our car via a secured indoor stairway.

The breakfast area, as mentioned above, is smallish. However, everything else about the food service was top-notch! The quality and variety of what was available was excellent. Everything that was supposed to be hot was and everything was fresh. Saturday's main course was scrambled eggs, link sauage and hashbrowns and Sunday's was scrambled eggs, sliced ham and cottage fried potatoes. There is a waffle maker, breads and pastries, oatmeal, canned fruits, hard boiled eggs, yogurts and fresh fruit. There was plenty of variety to satisfy everyone who was there looking for food. The two ladies happily working to keep everything filled and fresh were awesome. Always smiling and always happy despite being very, very busy.

There is a free laundry facility available and located near the free business center. We didn't use either, but I wouldn't hesitate if I needed them. The pool area, like every other place, is squeaky clean. There is a pulic shower facility adjacent to the pool and restrooms, a hot tub and the pool. No mold or mildew anywhere. The pool is 31/2 feet deep in the shallow end and 5 feet at the deep end. Both the hot tub and the pool have mechanical assisit devices to help those with special needs get in and out of the water. According to all of the kids, the pool is appropriately chlorinated so the water is clear without an overwhelming smell of bleach and no complaints about burning eyes.

We were in this area for a soccer tournament at the Total Sports Complex Wixom. There are a couple of hotels that are about 5 minutes closer to that complex, but this hotel and everything is has to offer is the only place we'll stay whenever we get back this way. It really has been a pleasant experience to stay here and I look forward to coming back.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The staffs are very nice and friendy. The room is clean and neat. This is the first time I stayed at the Staybridge suites and it gave me a very good impression. The breakfast and the social time snacks are very good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The room was Clean, the beds were comfortable, and the one bedroom suite was fairly priced. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you need ice, turn on the ice-maker which is located in the freezer portion of the refrigerator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Allen Park, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed for leisure. It's in a great location! Close to 12 oaks and all of the other shopping in the Novi area! This is the 3rd Staybridge that I've been to and they have WON ME OVER<3 The rooms are so nice, and comfy. The area was quite and safe!! We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. It's indoors which was nice and it was super clean! It was deep as well which was nice from the standard 4ft. Leann at check in was great! Very nice staff at this hotel!! I wish I would have remembered the ladies name I had talked to in the morning too, I'd like to give her a shout out! You can tell they all take pride in this place, and I would come back again and again! Thanks for a great stay Novi SBS!!

Also they have the sundown meals, but we went out to eat. And breakfast in the morning was excellent. =]

Room Tip: Rooms on the highest floor, west side/pool side. Quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Every part of the experience was wonderful! The staff who made our reservation, when we checked, when asked for special consideration, they were all friendly, helpful and personable. We had trouble figuring out the DVD remote and help arrived in moments. The weekday afternoon social hour was excellent and enough food to be dinner. Breakfast was fantastic and beautifully presented. The accommodations were wonderful, the kitchen supplied with everything we needed. I don't know how they could improve the experience. I1 will look for these hotels everywhere I go

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family