“Beautiful Hotel...but not happy with charging Credit Card”

Staybridge Suites - Novi
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Woodhaven
“Beautiful Hotel...but not happy with charging Credit Card”
Reviewed 3 August 2009

My visit was pleasant, the hotel is beautiful, I would not stay there again due to a mishap with my credit card and being misinformed, but I would recommend anyone to stay here and get a suite. It is really nice...brand new hotel, very clean, room was clean. I booked this hotel on the same day of my intended visit. I was told by Teresa as long as I informed the desk when I arrived that I was paying in cash, my credit card would not be billed-they would only need a credit card to hold the room. I arrived and advised the gentlemen behind the desk, I was paying in cash. Not sure if he knew what he was doing, but when I gave him my cash, he advised me the hotel policy is to authorize the entire amount of the stay plus 20.00 deposit-total of 125.12. He stated, at time of check out, I can pay in cash. I found out at check out time, he actually billed the entire amount and also authorized the same amount-so now the hotel has been paid, the charge is showing as a debit, but they are also still holding 125.12.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Michigan
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Being in the process of a relocation, I was looking for something convenient to everything yet away from the heavy metro traffic. Having lived in this hotel now for 4.5 months with more to come this is all I was looking for and more. The staff eagerly attends to needs as they arise and greet me by name. The amenities are perfect for an overnight but even better for an extended stay. The sundowner in the evenings is perfect when you don't desire to go out to eat, but the location to restaurants, groceries, and shopping is so convenient that it is not a bother to do that either. The rooms are well equipped and clean. YOU WILL NOT FIND A NICER PLACE TO STAY. Trust me after 4.5 months with more to come, the only place better would be my own house.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel! The service was outstanding, the rooms were immaculate and it was a great location. It was near shopping, a movie theatre and main roads to get where you wanted to go easily. There wasn't anything we were dissatistisfied with. A very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was good with a nice selection. I wish there were one everywhere we travel. Go, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Northern Michigan
Reviewed 10 December 2008

We had an appointment with a doctor in the medical complex near the hotel. Initially I booked our room at the Staybridge due to the close proximity of the doctor's office. Having experienced the many positive aspects of staying there, I will stay at this hotel whenever I am in the area for any reason.

The customer service was outstanding, and unfortunately that seems to be rare these days. Staff was professional, friendly, and always on the ball. Our room was fresh & clean, and very comfortable. The common areas of the hotel were extremely welcoming and well thought out. Both the evening reception and the breakfast were very good and staff was always on hand to offer assistance & keep the food replenished. I needed to use the computer while there, and found the computer room to be very nice. My daughter loved the pool; it was extremely clean with nice lounge chairs & lots of fluffy towels. The Staybridge in Novi is a well managed & professionally staffed facility, and I can't imagine anyone being anything but extremely pleased with staying there.

• Liked — Awesome staff
  • Disliked — Higher end pricing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2008

This is a brand new hotel and it was great! The price was excellent for a weekend night. It was immaculate and the breakfast was delicious. There is a computer room in the lobby with internet access and a beautiful pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had absolutely no problems while I was there because I had everything I needed in my room. It is in an excellent location too. There is a grocery store directly across the street as well as a few restaurants. Right down the street there were gas stations, Target and fast food restaurants. It was easy to get to these locations without having to cross any crazy intersections (which is important to me)! I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — It was so clean and I loved having a mini kitchen!
  • Disliked — It's so new that GPS couldn't find it
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
IL
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We recently spent five nights at this property. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and staff. From the booking process for our group to us checking out, we never had a problem. The manager's receptions that they had during the week was more than enough. Most hotels that we have stayed at only have a limited amount of food available for these, but they had a continuous supply of food until the end.
The hotel was fully booked at the time of our stay. We were never able to tell. The hotel was meticulous at all times. We seen staff cleaning windows, sweeping and picking up at all times.
The rooms have fully stocked kitchens and we loved the courtyard with the two full sized grills. The pool building, which is at the back of the courtyard, had a bathroom and showers in it.
The manager, Robi, was very hands on. The staff was always pleasant with us and very patient.
Five stars to them and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2008

As other reviewers have pointed out, this hotel is new, clean and nice.

One thing I look for in a hotel is a restaurant within walking distance, as I sometimes spend many hours behind the wheel. The hotel website states restaurants with 0.05 miles of the hotel; not true. Resturants are at least a 20 minute walk, and you have to cross a busy 4 lane highway with no stop lights!

Also, while the room was nice (great bed by the way), I found it to be a little dark, with very loud plumbing from the room above.

Over all, not a bad place, but quite pricey for what I received.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business