“GREAT place for the New Kid in Town”

Staybridge Suites - Novi
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Brighton, Michigan
“GREAT place for the New Kid in Town”
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Staff has been the BEST I have encountered in 28 years of travel. I had to move to the area for business and wanted to take my time in locating a more permanent situation. The entire staff of Staybridge was wonderful during my 2 month stay. I was paying the bill on my own and they worked with me to make a mutually agreement arrangement that included 7 days a week a hot breakfast, free laundry, access to a great onsite gym, indoor pool/hot tub, daily housekeeping, free internet wireless access, TV w/ Showtime and lots of channels, Suite arrangement with kitchen/microwave etc. and 3 nights a week an evening meal. I saw many customers come through during my stay: Hockey families, Dog Show people, NAICS staff and groups, Family reunions and the staff remained friendly and serving during the entire time. I will miss the Staybridge as it served a wonderful purpose as I learn to call Michigan home. I would without hesitation stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting the Novi/Detriot Metro area. Easy access to interstate highway as well as major roads etc. Truly "Almost Home "

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Great hotel and location perfect staff loved my stay and will be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I had reserved this hotel since it was central to Detroit, Lansing and Midland, and the room rate conformed with my corporate guidelines. Little did I know I would have a horrible trip up to Detroit, saved in large part by the stellar professional staff at this property. My flight to Detroit, already 2 hours late, had to return to the airport for mechanical issues. I was stuck in DC after 1 AM, so I called and spoke to Lawrence, the night manager. He said don't worry, your reservation is fine, just come on by when you get into town. I finally got into Novi at 5AM, and sure enough, Lawrence had me taken care of. I grabbed 2 hours of sleep before driving to Lansing for a presentation. The staff knew of my predicament and tried to make things as easy as they could for me. I took advantage of a very tasty hot breakfast both morning I was there, and their evening mixer with "Make Your Own Sandwiches". When I checked out, the director of Sales and I spoke and there's a shot that I can do business with them. Plus, she gave me pointers on things to see in Detroit. I travel a LOT, and I am very pleased I ended up here. The facility is clean, new and quiet. You can't really go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank roger821
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Staybridge is a perfect hotel for a road warrior who needs accomodations in a hotel that always seems to anticipate your every need. Every member of the staff took it upon themselves to see that I always had what I needed. I had to do two live Webcasts from my room and was pleased with the quality and reliability of the internet and phone service - which is often lacking in other hotels.

I was most impressed with the little things from providing me with a conference room (with no advance notice) to not having to look for quarters when I needed to do some laundry. Staybridge has jumped to the top of this roadwarrior's favorite hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We booked through Staybridge for our wedding - 20 rooms total. They were very accomodating and the free hot brunch in the morning was perfect for our out-of-town guests. The free shuttle service operated just as they said they would, transporting guests to and from the hotel and the hall. The only caveat is there is only one shuttle that fits 12 people - if you require more room, you will need to rent another shuttle out of pocket. We did receive a complimentary bridal suite for ourselves.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank shannong_215
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 29 October 2010

This Staybridge, like every other one I have stayed in, was very nice. Room was great, breakfast was good, and the overal appearance of the hotel was good also. Only thing it lacked was beer/wine at the manager's reception. I really looked forward to a glass of wine upon returning to the hotel in the evening, and the attendant told me they didn't have a liquor license, so could not serve. Every other Staybridge I have been to had a tap and also served wine. I assume this is a local or state rule, but it's that one thing that is missing from this particular location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Illiniwek66
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This hotel FAR EXCEEDED my expectations! We had a family wedding in Livonia, MI. I have been almost paranoid about Bedbugs and was well-prepared to do an inspection and brought bedbug bags with me and everything. There was no need at this hotel. It was SPOTLESS! First, the mattress is encased in a cloth, zippered bag. then when I saw spare linens in the closet in 'bedbug' bags I was VERY IMPRESSED! Also the hotel clerk told me they had just been inspected and I had nothing to worry about. She was right! The room was perfect. Also the tags had been removed from the towels---you only see that in high-end hotels. The towels were soft and didn't smell like dryer sheets either. The bed was very comfortable and you get your choice of foam or feather pillows. The kitchenette was fully stocked as well with new dishes and pots & pans. The FREE Breakfast was PHENOMENAL! Waffles, oatmeal as well as your usual pastries, cereal, juices, milk, scrambled eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, and some things of a Japanese flavor. The ENTIRE staff was very friendly, too. Kristina (night clerk) was over-the-top with Customer Service! I'd stay there again in a MINUTE!

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple