The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Batavia, Illinois, United States
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Very nice hotel! Check in was VERY fast and I got a very nice room. One minor complaint was how long the hot water for the shower to come. I waited probably 1-2 minutes for hot water for the shower on the first night.

Another minor point was the not free wi-fi. For how much they charge per night, they should be able to give their guests free wi-fi for at least one device.

Nice accomodations for the wedding I was attending. Good food and great service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Hi John,

Thank you for your review of our hotel -- I hope you had a great time at the wedding! I apologize for the inconvenience of the hot water. We have more than one boiler for our property to ensure every guest has hot water, I am not sure why there was a delay in the water temperature.

With regard to the internet fees, we are currently working on establishing a tiered internet structure that will provide a complimentary option, as well as different fee options based on the amount of bandwidth each user would like to secure. Our hope is that within these options, you will find one that is best for you.

Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here numerous times; this SHOULD be the #1 rated hotel in Novi given how modern and relatively well-appointed it is. The problem, as others have noted, is the below-average cleanliness before and during your stay. The housekeeping staff have no interest in doing a good job. Management should manage. Disappointing because the design of the rooms, the lobby and the restaurant are all top-notch. The front desk staff are good though.

Room Tip: The top floor is premium, ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gregrmi,

Thank you for your loyalty to our property, and your very nice comments, particularly regarding our Reception Staff! It is disappointing to hear about your concerns with cleanliness. As you have noted, we spent a great deal of effort in the design of our property. However that effort is only as good as our cleanliness and maintenance. We have implemented several changes since this past summer to ensure consistent processes are in place for exceptionally clean rooms. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you further to see where our process broke down and also to begin making amends to you. You can reach me directly at 248/277-2019 or by email kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com.

Thank you!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great get away, great location and everything right in a central location. Stayed there twice, once for my pre-honeymoon and once just for a getaway. Very quiet, rooms are comfortable and homely, bathrooms nice and modern, an A+ all the way.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear JaeCowins,

Thank you for your great comments! I am so glad that you have chosen to celebrate such important events in your life with us. Please let me know the next time you will be staying with us, I would love to meet you personally (248/277-2019 or kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com).

Warm regards,
Kincardine
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Outstanding facility with a great on site restaurant. Courteous, professional staff who go the extra mile. Especially Tony on the front desk. Great Job! This is our new go to property. Hope you too have a chance to enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kincardine Ontario,

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to share such great comments about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a great restaurant located at the hotel, Toasted Oak. We also are very fortunate to have such an ambassador for our hotel in Tony, who delivers truly exceptional service! He is such a valuable team member, not only because of his great service to our guests, but also his genuine care for all of our team members.

Thank you again!
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I like staying at the Baronette because the Twelve Oaks Mall is just across the parking lot. In addition, there are several restaurants and other stores within a few miles.

If you prefer a hot bath, be aware that the guest rooms only have showers, no bath tubs.

The housekeeping needs a major upgrade. When I arrived, there was a dirty glass just outside my door. The glass stayed there for 3 days. I was surprised to find trash on the floor in the bathroom. When I returned to my room at the end of the first day of my stay, my room hadn't been cleaned. When I asked why, I was told that "conducting an investigation into that would take too much time." Apparently, cleaning rooms also takes too much time. I had to ask, explicitly, that someone clean my room. I thought that was implied when I asked why it hadn't been done. Overall, a disappointing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear TWorkTraveler,

Thank you for your frequent stays at our property, I am glad that you have found our location to be very convenient for your travel needs. While many of our rooms have showers only, we do also have rooms available with bathtubs. If this is an important feature for you, please make a request when you make your next reservation.

With regard to your comments regarding cleanliness, I apologize not only for the condition of your guest room, but also the response you received from our Reception team -- both were unacceptable. We have implemented several procedural changes to ensure that all rooms meet or exceed our standards of cleanliness. Clearly that was not the case in your room. During the weekend, we schedule our housekeeping team to start a bit later so as to not inconvenience guests in the morning and perhaps there was a scheduling error that resulted in your room not being cleaned until the end of the shift.

I would like to discuss this further with you to get more details and see where our process broke down, as well as to make amends. Please contact me directly at 248-277-2019 or kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com .

Thank you for your feedback!
Toronto
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Baronette Renaissance offers excellent accommodation when visiting suburban Detroit. The rooms are well appointed and the front desk staff members are well trained and very helpful. The Toasted Oak Grill is GR8 too; the breakfast menu is varied and reasonable, somewhat unusual for hotels. The wine tasting offered on Saturday afternoons is outstanding and from the crowd obviously popular with travellers and locals alike. For shoppers, being adjacent to the large Twelve Oaks mall is ideal!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My wife and I were in the area for an event and wanted to stay somewhere a little different than your standard chain. We found this to be a really nice hotel however it was lacking its attention to detail. The rooms were a nice size with a modern touch. The bathroom was your standard hotel bathroom but nicely upgraded with a walk in shower. However this is where the attention to detail lacked, there were stains all over the walls as if they havent been cleaned in a while, along with a few different types of hair on the floor, all things I can look past since it is a bathroom. AJ at the front desk was great, helpful and friendly, however I cant say the same for his counterpart who evertime I spoke with it seemed as if I was an incovinence to him. We didnt take the time to explore the restaurant in the lobby but it looked and smelled great. My only real complaint is the elevators, I feel like I lost a few hours off my life just waiting inside the elevator to move 2 floors. Without a doubt we would be willing to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple