“Nice upgrade”

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 23 April 2013

It was long time I hadn't stayed at The Baronette and honestly, last time it wasn't that comfortable. It was closed for a while and it was worth the waiting. The upgrade becoming a Renaissance is really noticeable.

The breakfast is everyday the same (typical US breakfast), and still you can eat different food at least for a week.

The staff is mostly nice, although there was this lady the day I left that wasn't friendly at all, unfortunately I didn't take her name.

One of the thumbs down is that with the upgrade, they lost the swimming pool and it's a missed feature.

The other (and biggest) thumb down is the cleanliness. They wouldn't change the glass I used until the second day. And one day, I found the towel I left in the floor just lying in there when I came back at night. This made me suspicious about the room cleanliness in general.

Comfortable rooms and beds, and nice bathroom design.

I could go back in there, but need to make sure my room is clean every day.

Room Tip: Second and third floor are preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a quick trip to The Baronette Renaissance in Novi. We attended a wedding a few miles away and the hotel was recommended by the bride and groom. The hotel is easy to find...just off I-96 and is convenient to the 12 Oaks Mall...which came in handy since I forgot to pack a tie. Check-in was easy, the room was nice, the public areas were also nice (everything from the lobby to the attached restaurant). There was thick dust on one of the end tables that I left a note in with my finger. Also, some hallway noise woke my us up several times during the night...late night for some of the guests. We stayed on the third-floor, which has limited access. We had a drink at the restaurant in the evening that was nice and had a breakfast that was fantastic in the morning (French toast with Nutella and Cornflakes, and a smoked fish hash). It would be nice if there was better pedestrian linkages from the hotel to the mall. Friendly staff all around. Rooms have coffee, tea, nice soaps/shampoos, iron, and hair dryer. Due to our short stay we never turned on the television, so can't report on that. I'd go back just for the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Right next door to Twelve Oaks mall. The breakfast is extensive. There is a manager's cocktail party each evening for guests which appeared well attended. Would recommend for business travel or families.

• Stayed: May 2012
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Knitpik,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel, and for your very positive comments. Our location next to Twelve Oaks is ideal for a nice weekend getaway! I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast in Toasted Oak -- a fabulous restaurant that we have on-site.

I did want to clarify that we do not have a nightly manager's cocktail reception for our guests -- it is possible that there was a special event we were hosting that hotel guests were invited to. I am very glad you enjoyed this event! I want to make sure that future guests are not disappointed that this is not a regularly scheduled party, although we have great cocktails in Toasted Oak!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Very nice hotel! Check in was VERY fast and I got a very nice room. One minor complaint was how long the hot water for the shower to come. I waited probably 1-2 minutes for hot water for the shower on the first night.

Another minor point was the not free wi-fi. For how much they charge per night, they should be able to give their guests free wi-fi for at least one device.

Nice accomodations for the wedding I was attending. Good food and great service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Hi John,

Thank you for your review of our hotel -- I hope you had a great time at the wedding! I apologize for the inconvenience of the hot water. We have more than one boiler for our property to ensure every guest has hot water, I am not sure why there was a delay in the water temperature.

With regard to the internet fees, we are currently working on establishing a tiered internet structure that will provide a complimentary option, as well as different fee options based on the amount of bandwidth each user would like to secure. Our hope is that within these options, you will find one that is best for you.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here numerous times; this SHOULD be the #1 rated hotel in Novi given how modern and relatively well-appointed it is. The problem, as others have noted, is the below-average cleanliness before and during your stay. The housekeeping staff have no interest in doing a good job. Management should manage. Disappointing because the design of the rooms, the lobby and the restaurant are all top-notch. The front desk staff are good though.

Room Tip: The top floor is premium, ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gregrmi,

Thank you for your loyalty to our property, and your very nice comments, particularly regarding our Reception Staff! It is disappointing to hear about your concerns with cleanliness. As you have noted, we spent a great deal of effort in the design of our property. However that effort is only as good as our cleanliness and maintenance. We have implemented several changes since this past summer to ensure consistent processes are in place for exceptionally clean rooms. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you further to see where our process broke down and also to begin making amends to you. You can reach me directly at 248/277-2019 or by email kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com.

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great get away, great location and everything right in a central location. Stayed there twice, once for my pre-honeymoon and once just for a getaway. Very quiet, rooms are comfortable and homely, bathrooms nice and modern, an A+ all the way.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear JaeCowins,

Thank you for your great comments! I am so glad that you have chosen to celebrate such important events in your life with us. Please let me know the next time you will be staying with us, I would love to meet you personally (248/277-2019 or kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com).

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Outstanding facility with a great on site restaurant. Courteous, professional staff who go the extra mile. Especially Tony on the front desk. Great Job! This is our new go to property. Hope you too have a chance to enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kincardine Ontario,

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to share such great comments about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a great restaurant located at the hotel, Toasted Oak. We also are very fortunate to have such an ambassador for our hotel in Tony, who delivers truly exceptional service! He is such a valuable team member, not only because of his great service to our guests, but also his genuine care for all of our team members.

Thank you again!