“Nice facilities”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Champaign, IL
“Nice facilities”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed Christmas day night so the facility was geared down and the restaurant was closed for dinner. Staff was friendly and responsive with suggestions for local restaurants that may be open. Very nice upscale hotel located adjacent to the Twelve Oaks mall. It is a little pricey for what you get. Note that there is no pool. Staff said they filled it in to create a workout room...

The only negative was the breakfast the next morning... the restaurant only had three customers but the waitress, while very friendly, was busier reading the paper than attending to the customers. We had get up and find her twice for coffee refills.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Allen2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I would like to apologize for the delay you experienced during breakfast. Thank you for bring this to my attention and I will be talking with my team regarding your comments. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.
Kimberly Greene, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and i went here for a suburban getaway. We were really pleased with all aspects of the hotel:
- location: walking distance to tons of shops/mall
- Food - great restaurant (Toasted Oak) within the hotel. Many other restaurants nearby.
- Service - loved the fact that they provided us a variety of services at no additional charge (don't see that much nowadays). This includes water, Starbucks coffee. energy bars, etc.
- Size of hotel - this is a fairly small hotel which made for a comfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
682TomK,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Yours truly,
Kimberly Greene, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here for a full week of business. Good interior design of lobby and restaurant. A modern feel. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The restaurant is very good with a great selection at the bar and the food was also excellent. Breakfast was consistent and good enough. Not huge, but plenty of good choices.
Room was OK. The bathrooms are small for such a level of hotel. Not much they can do about that, but worth mentioning when comparing luxury hotels.
Fitness center is better than many hotels that just have a treadmill and a 1980s machine. But there are better in this price category. Some people may not like the fact the fitness center is at lobby level, so you walk thru a very public place to get there.
This hotel has a 'pantry' off the lobby which is an interesting concept for this level of hotel. I didnt try it, but worth looking into on your stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed over for our wedding weekend in Michigan and could not be more pleased. At the beginning (a month beforehand) there was this confusion about the whole reservation for ourselves and some friends coming to the wedding, so i was a bit preoccupied. When the time came, we were really pleased about our stay and service and the restaurant is just fantastic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Madison, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

located on the edge of one of the larger malls in Novi, Michigan, the Renaissance is a very nice hotel catering mostly, I assume, to business people. Staff were friendly, accommodating and efficient.

The room was spacious, contained a refrigerator, which was a nice touch,
and the beds and fainting couch were comfy. Some of the towels were a little bit thin, but generally OK.

The biggest disappointment for me, however, was the lack of a bathtub. After a long drive, I would have liked a long soak.

• Stayed November 2013
Hartland, mi
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and loved the experience. The rooms are terrific and the Toasted Oak is great for dinner though can be a bit pricey. Highly recommended for both personal and business travel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon W
Harrison Township, Michigan
Reviewed 1 October 2013

When entering the Baronette I was warmly greeted by Alexis at her counter. The
check in was quick but not rushed. I was told if I was in need any assistance to please let her know how she could help. The hotel uses contemporary design as it's motif. You won't find any wood rocking chaires here.The lobby is "beautifull" with a huge Fireplace with the back side going into their Toasted Oaks restaurant. The elevators are modern, clean and large.The Hallways are brite with what looks like new carpeting. The Suite we had was very, vey nice. I had read a review stating there was dust on some Tables so I paid close attention to the cleanliness of our suite. I'm guessing a room Manager read the same review and resolved that problem. Our suite was large, clean and fresh smelling. The king bed was super comfortable with a down comfotere and a bunch of smaller pillows.
Thank goodness they let us controll the Temp. We like it cool, "OK" cold at night.
The last Hotel I stayed in told me that corporate decided what temp I could take my room down too !! We went down for some appetizers and drinks in the bar, market area of the Toasted Oaks restaurant. I had mussels and my wife had calamari. They were both very tasty and reasonabley priced. You could also buy a varity of meats and chesses for your room or their courtyard patio off the first floor.
We also had Breakfest Sunday morning at the T/O Restaurant. The wait staff were all dressed in Pajamas. My wife and I had spinch and Feta Cheese Omelets with amecican fries and toast. They were really good. We liked the Feta so much we
bought some to take home. Anouther perk is the location. The hotel is on the outside service drive of 12 Oaks Mall. My wife could not resist so we went over and shoped for a couple of hours. Their are all kinds of places to eat in this area and any store you can think of. One of the reasons I chose the Baronette, besides liking contemporary furnishings was the way the General Manager "Kimberly Greene" answered the Trip Adviser reviews.You can tell by her answers she cares about customer service. You don't see that very often to give personal replies and not just some company line. Her staff was friendly,polite and professional, first class all the way around. I have stayed at a couple of the higher ranked Hotels in Novi and it beats me why the Baronette is not at the top of the list. Maybe because they don't have a pool for the kids. Some people would consider that a plus, don't you think !!
Like Arnold says, I'LL be BACK !!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hydrofan2013
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for commending our team. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Alexis and the rest of the team. Our design is a contemporary take on a "up north" retreat and I am pleased you enjoyed the look. We take a great deal of care to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and service, and are very fortunate to partner with a great restaurant in Toasted Oak..

Thank you again for your gracious comments, we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kim