“Toasted Oak Restaurant”

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This restaurant has fabulous food! Home made, earthy and delicious. It's so good we're planning our son's wedding next May at the hotel. Lots of Michigan products go into their menu. The hotel is modern, chic and ultra cool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was attending a meeting at the hotel and had no prior experience with The Baronette at all, other than knowing it was close to some serious shopping! As I walked up to the door I was struck by just how beautiful the exterior was: modern but not too much so. The lobby had an air of luxury yet still managed to feel very cozy and almost spa-like. Walking up to the counter I was immediately greeted with beautiful, genuine smiles from the young ladies behind the desk(whose names I regretfully cannot recall) and asked how I could be assisted. I explained my purpose and one of the women stepped from behind the counter and gave me smiling directions to my meeting space. Wow! I was completely blown away! Still noticing the attainable elegance and coziness of the hotel, I passed by a beautiful patio area that was so inviting I wanted to skip my meeting, order a drink and just sit there for the rest of the day! Alas, onward I went and into the space where the meeting was taking place. Very elegantly done with a small table of breakfast breads, coffee and tea, the space was set for business and still felt welcoming.

I was so impressed with what I had seen, I decided on the next break that I would go back to the front desk and ask for wedding planning information. The same smiling face that met me just an hour or so before greeted me again and quickly gathered the information that I needed, with a smile and a "congratulations and thank you for considering us". Again, I am blown away.

Toward the end of the morning, it was announced that we were having lunch (totally unexpected) and It was set up in the hallway. The setup was so simple and again elegant. The food was simply delicious and the waitstaff was perfectly attentive but non-intrusive. I was hooked!

As we left for the day, I had to stop and give kudos to the team for my fantastic experience in their hotel. I met Dinah and Brian who I made an instant connection with and who thanked me profusely for the compliments I had given the hotel and their staff.

I am simply WOWED by my experience at The Baronette. I have searched all over the Metro-Detroit area for a venue to host my wedding and had gotten frustrated, refusing to look anymore. I am pleased to say I have found the place! Until we meet again Baronette, thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bridgett B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Bridgett B,
Thank you so much for your review – we couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a nice recommendation. I am glad that you and your team had an enjoyable experience and we cannot wait to host your upcoming wedding! I will be sure to pass along all of your comments to our staff.

Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a Marriott-aholic, so when I was to attend my daughter's wedding in Novi I naturally chose a Marriotte property. Now, this place has a really cool bar and deli attached to the restaurant. There is also a nice selection of wine that you may purchase and take into the attached restaurant. The food is awesome! The restaurant atmosphere was just okay as it is very loud. Having said that...I still highly recommend it! The hotel has an awesome courtyard to go out and have whiskey, wine and a cigar. Overall I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Kevin P,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer. Thank you for your pledged loyalty to our brand!
I will be sure to share your comments to our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location... Close to many restaurants, shopping and nightlife. The wedding / reception was held in one of their ballrooms it offered a lot of space and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were in good shape, many amenities, and decent size. Worth a look if you need a room in the area. I had previously wrote this review and mentioned a pool, which from the hallways it has the sunroom look of a pool area. It is in fact where the pool use to be and has been converted into a gym.

Stayed: February 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Jayhoff,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us at the The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel. I’ll be certain to share your kind comments with our team regarding their warm hospitality and excellence in service. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you for writing.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is great on all accounts. Service is great, rooms are spacious and flawless. The inhouse restaurant is excellent both for dining and drinks. Location just next to the Twelve Oaks mall is great. Will definitely return to the Baronette!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

tompaSE,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at our hotel. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Good for business. Room clean and nice. AC was noisy and when I entered the room the maintenance door of the AC open. Breakfast quality and freshness is below standard. For a hotel managed by the Renaissance Marriott flagship, this hotel can do much more.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pierohat1969 .
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear pierohat1969:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the loud air conditioner and any inconveniences you experienced as a result. We’re pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay otherwise, and we're glad you found our hotel well suited for your travels. I’ll be sure to review this with our leadership team in order to use your review to make improvements. We hope you give us another try when you stay in Raleigh.

Sincrerely,
Kimberly Greene

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have to stay in Detroit a couple of times a year. This is the first time I stayed at The Baronette Renaissance and I will definitely be back! This is a really quiet hotel in a great location within the Twelve Oaks Mall area. It is also close to 96 and great restaurants, etc. The beds were great, large room, really modern and sophisticated property. My only concern is that it seemed nearly empty and that worries me! This is my new favorite place to stay when I travel to Detroit, so I hope they are around for a really long time.....Love it! The staff at the front desk is wonderful too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Kellykate67,
We’re happy to hear of your pleasant stay, and your appreciation of our friendly staff. I’ll be certain to pass along your kind comments to our excellent team. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to your next visit with us at The Baronette Renaissance. Thank you again for writing.