“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Novi
new york
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I just had my wedding at the recently renovated Baronette, and I can confidently say that there is no way anything could have gone better. The hotel is beautiful, as it was redone recently and is modern and fantastic. The restaurant on the premises is one of the best I have been to since I started traveling to Michigan 5 years ago to see my wife's family.

The service was completely top notch. Anything we asked for was given to us quickly, and the few times that mistakes were made (a room was not available on time once), they more than picked up the slack. Everyone was professional, polite, and ready to help us get whatever we needed.

As I said, I had my wedding there and it was wonderful. The entire experience could not have gone better, and it was due in large part to the staff and the hotel.

If you are traveling in the NW suburbs of Detroit, I highly recommend staying there. My wife and I already look forward to returning whenever we get the chance.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Stayed here recently for a wedding. I travel a lot and stay at upscale hotels. This one can hold up it's head anywhere in the world. Previously traditional and predictable, it is now very "cool" but also very warm. Especially liked the lobby with very comfy seating areas around fireplace and a library area with chess set. Welcoming and homey in a contemporary and interesting way. Staff could not be faulted. Rooms thoughtfully designed down to the little night light near the bathroom. Extremely comfortable with good bedding as expected in Marriott properties. Clever deep tub/enclosed shower combo. All decor new, fresh and in good taste. Location next to Mall is a plus. Top choice for suburban Detroit hotel is the Townsend in Birmingham. But at a third of the cost, this would be hands-down next best. One note about the wedding: although the bride and groom raved about the events/catering staff, and the hors d'oeuvres were terrific, they need to get their act together with the dinner part. Food was universally lukewarm and dry...and service was cheerful but sloowww. The food at the restaurant, however, was fine.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Baltimore,MD
Reviewed 17 June 2010

My wifes family lives in the area and we've been looking for a nicer hotel to stay in that is not 10 years old. This Renaissance officially opened in June so any review before this would be of the other hotel. We paid $69 a night for a king for four nights. Not bad as I travel a lot. For this area that rate is par.

Lobby -
Very nice. Like a northern Michagan lodge. TV's, big chairs, small area where they sold sodas, ect. Nice business center attached.

Staff -
This was confusing. They are pretty cold. I ask for a paper or even to purchase one on Saturday or Sunday. Not possible. They looked dumbfounded. Really? I am a Marriott Gold member so would have had access to the conceirge floor if they had one. "They bring those amenities to your room." We were running low on water Saturday and asked the front desk. Response, "uh sure." Some very simple requests seemed to be more than they can handle.

Room -
We were not upgraded which was odd since the place was a ghost town. Standard king was nice. clean shower, clean bed, nice big lcd tv. AC worked well. confortable.

Workout Room -
Big, clean, free water, towels, plenty of machines and free weights. One of the better in my many Marriott stays.

Restaurant -
Good overall. You could tell that it was still their first couple of weeks. I did get the wrong order two days in a row. Odd. Good hot coffee. No papers on the weekend :)

Sum it up -
Cheap hotel for what you get. Who am I fooling. For $400 a night I have stayed in a lot worse. $69 is a steal. Remember your in NOVI.
My wife and I will be back in hopes of a weekend paper and an upgrade.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Captpablo
JRMikula, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to inform other traveleres about our hotel and specific feedback that will help us improve our hotel. I do apologize that we missed the mark on exceeding your expectations. I do look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to WOW you.
Kind regards,
Jim Mikula
GM-The Baronette
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We have travelled extensively for work and pleasure. We both agree this is our new favorite hotel AND restaurant. Indescribable how delicious the food is, how great the service is, & how beautifully designed the hotel & restaurant are.
You must come see for yourself. A+

• Stayed June 2010
Boston, MA
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I stayed here at the recommendation of colleagues who are working on a project with me. As a Platinum Elite with Marriott, I've seen them all. This one is noteworthy as it has a nice, light "upscale" feel (a la the Renaissance in Las Vegas). The food onsite is outstanding, and the rooms are "green" in that you need to put your card in a slot in order to get power (keeps you from leaving the room with all the lights and stuff on).

At this writing it does lack a concierge lounge, but frankly I now avoid these places: instead they give you a coupon that essentially covers a free breakfast, and as far as I am concerned, I'm a winner on this one!

I really like this property and will be back for the remainder of the project!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I just got back from a Novi Chamber of Commerce event at the Baronette and this hotel has certainly taken a step forward. They were in the middle of a grand reopening as a Marriott Renassance Hotel. Gone are the many construction trailers that had been outside the hotel on Novi Road for many months. Given the new lobby and restaurant, this hotel again has a bright future in the upscale suburban Detroit market.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Toledo
Reviewed 27 January 2010

We stayed for New Year's eve. We have stayed here before & never been disappointed. We knew they were in some transition and the health club not open, but we were just staying overnight so not a problem. Great location next to the 12 Oaks Mall & Fountain Walk. No need to travel for entertainment or eating. Rooms spacious with all the modern upgrades. The staff are gracious & helpful. Will return again.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple