Sheraton Detroit Novi
US$117
US$191
US$184
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$152
Courtyard
US$136
US$131
All reviewsclub floordetroit novihd channelsfront desk staffhotel restaurantstarbucks coffeevery nice hotelroom was largehotel staybusiness hotelbusiness tripoff the highwayindoor poolbreakfast buffet isbed was very comfortablenice stayfitness center
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton recently after a successful bid of $45 on Priceline. While it was an exceptional deal, I was a little disappointed that the hotel, while technically in Novi, isn’t located by the Twelve Oaks Mall. The mall is located on the far southeastern edge of Novi -- literally on the city’s limits. It’s about 10 minutes away without traffic and as much as 30 minutes away during the busiest times of the day, when the highways can be parking lots.

Nevertheless, the hotel is in a great location for anyone who expects to travel in the metropolitan Detroit region. It’s right off of I-275 only a couple of miles north of I-96 East and M-14 and a couple of miles south of I-96 West and I-696 East. The surface streets -- namely the “mile” roads -- can be used to avoid heavy traffic on the highways. Driving to downtown Detroit for a baseball, football or hockey game takes about 20 minutes with light to moderate traffic.

Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the hotel staff. The front desk clerk greeted me by name (Mr. ----) several times during the check-in process. That level of service, while superficial to some, isn’t standard at many hotels.

The room itself was spacious and very clean. The double beds were comfortable and came with four large pillows. It has a very large flat-screen, high-definition television. The toiletries were standard offerings as well. By and large, the room’s accoutrements were contemporary and up to expectations. The lighting was a bit dull, as there is no overhead light fixture. Instead there were three or four lamps in the room, which were alright but no replacement for a ceiling light. I also thought the room could have had a couple of more electrical outlets for guests to plug-in various devices. I could only find one readily accessible outlet on the desk. The bathroom was also clean and well lit, though I didn’t think three towels were enough considering there could be two adults and two children staying in the room with the double beds. I was also a bit disappointed that the bottled wattle in the room was $3 a bottle. I know hotels make a lot of money off of in-room beverages, but $3 is a bit expensive when the same bottle is 75 cents in a store.

Outside of the room, the corridor on the third floor -- where I stayed -- was a bit dark and could use some more lighting. The public spaces were exceptionally clean. I found the fitness room to be well equipped, though accessing it required walking through the pool’s wet floors.

The hotel’s biggest downside was the lack of complimentary wireless internet. I had my BlackBerry smartphone, so I didn’t need a computer to check my e-mail messages or surf the internet, but I was disappointed that wireless internet was approximately $10 a day for access.

I didn’t eat at the restaurant, though the prices weren’t unreasonable by hotel standards. Morning breakfast was about $13 for the full breakfast buffet or about $6 for the continental buffet. If you want to skip the hotel restaurant, there are a couple chain restaurants within walking distance as well as fast-food restaurants. Across the intersection of Haggerty and Eight Mile roads, there are supermarkets and other stores in strip mall developments.

In all, this hotel was an exceptional deal at $40 on Priceline. I would most certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank planetraincar
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed in this Hotel during my Business Trip to Detroit USA. This hotel is about a mile from our Office.

The Hotel was exceptional in all respects. Friendly front office at the Reception, excellently appointed rooms, helpful staff at the buffet & an a very nice view of I -275.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Srinivasan P
Reviewed 24 May 2011

the room was big, very clean and especially the people working at the hotel very pleasent, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank atmakidis
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I am Jay,from seattle, I stayed on 24th sunday,directly reached from DTW airport .I am with my wife and kid..stayed there.The staff courtesy and service are execellent..I will recommend to all my collegues and business friends to stay here anytime in detroit visit..
I can name frontoffice Alice who helped me settle in king Room and Wright who dropped me in new home (sorry i am not able to rememember).They arranged Cab to go and come INDIA restaurent nearby and my family was delighted by the service..
I thank you all for the happiness i got during my sheraton stay.Jay..Software engineer from seattle,washington state.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JaySeattleUSA
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The location is great but the doors to the rooms slam. I actually try to close my door carefully, which helps a little. But you are constantly hearing the slams up and down the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2011