“Old worn out property and maid service forgot to clean my room” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Detroit Novi
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Maryland USA
“Old worn out property and maid service forgot to clean my room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

This property has a nice exterior and plenty of parking on site. Nice lobby with wonderful business center and I especially enjoyed my time at the bar. I ate one dinner which was great and had the buffett breakfast every morning. I want to give the chef and server's at the restaurant 5 stars!
My room was a double on the 4th floor. The decor was 1970's and drab. Desk was big but old and the chair was lucky to hold up. Carpet has seen better days. No fridge. Did have enough outlets! Pillows too soft. AC worked well. My ironing board was bent and too low for a human to iron on. Towels were rough and thin. Only one bar of soap. Only enough coffee to make one cup of coffee.
Wireless worked well but only a limited amount of TV stations were received in the hotel. They need a bigger selection. No TNT during playoff season. Not in your room or at the bar!

Maid service was awful they forgot my room the first of my three nights and I was not impressed when they did clean on the second.
I would not stay again. I do recommend the restaurant though!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank panther61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I am a frequent business traveller and stay in many hotels all over North America and occasionally Europe. By far this has been the nicest place to stay. The staff are cheerful, helpful and always gracious. I was able to get excellent food (many healthy choices in the dinning room) a great sleep
(which is so important to a business traveller) AND their amazing shuttle service dropped me off and picked me up from my business appointments, dinner meetings and they also tranported me to/from the mall (Macy's/Nordstrom/botiques) so I coudl squeeze in a few hours of retail therapy. I look forward to my next visit to this hotel. THANK YOU
Allison

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Allison W
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at this Sheraton in Novi two times in less than one year and LOVED it both times! From the time Michael checked us in, I knew that we were at the right place and the right time! Everyone at this location is wonderful, professional and helpful, not to mention the incredible location. I can truly say that we will be back at this Sheraton and looking forward to another delightful experience in the near future.
Roberta M-Williams

Room Tip: Join as a SPG member. The rooms are great and the private lounge area offers numerous "perks&q...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Roberta M
flint mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I dont recomende no one to stay in this hotel.gott my ring stole after 30 minutes i left.i took my ring off my finger for a shower house kipping lady was rushing us true the door.forgot my ring at the table.check out @ 12 pm call after 30 minutes i left the room funny part was the house kiping enter the room said she didnt found it.who wants to stay in a hotell were ur belongs its not safe

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexsandra L
dfine8631, Manager at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to address this matter. While I am sorry that your recent experience with us ended on such a note, I do hope that you were happy with our follow up, once you made us aware of your concerns.

As we have discussed, please connect with me if there is anything else we may be able to assist you with.

Warm regards, Hotel Management
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here on a shopping weekend. I used some SPG points and booked 3 nights here.

The lobby is nice and clean. It was probably renovated, but it is kept clean and welcoming.

The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. I arrived at around 8:30pm and there were some other families ahead of me, but they worked through everyone one efficiently enough.

The room itself is more dated. But seeing that this is a Category 2 Sheraton, I would not expect much else.

The TV is an high def LCD, which is good. The bed is not as hard as other Sheraton's I have stayed in, but still a lot better than non-dream beds in lower caliber hotels.

The washroom is quite standard but I think they re-fitted the toilet tank with a newer high powered flush. One press and it makes a loud flush noise. It's powerful, but also noisy. This being an older hotel, I think the sound proofing was not as good back in the day, because I was able to hear other rooms flushing as well. I was also able to hear a person in the room next door talking on his phone.

Overall, this is an average stay. I have been in better, but I have also been in worse. If they renovated this hotel, I am sure the category will go up and so will the price.

As for the location, it is close to a lot of big box stores (Best Buy, Target, Costco, Meijer, Home Depot). Twelve Oaks Mall is also kind of close as well. For my stay (on points), I have no complaints about it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toram23901
EAGLE, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

A business function brought me to Novi, Mi for one night. I usually expect dismal service and lousy food at any hotel these days, But this property vastly exceed my expectations. My front desk needs were cheerfully and professionally met by Travis and Renato, both of whom set the tone for a delightful stay.

The room was clean, neat and tidy, with a most comfy bed. But the highlight of this one-night stay was the hotel's restaurant! Sophia and Tricia provided 5 star service, displaying professionalism, grace and apparent ease. Sophia's recommendation of the minestrone soup. their chef's personal recipe, was spot on and the entire dining experience provided a great respite from the day's labors. Job well done, Sophia and Tricia!

All in all, a most positive experience. I look forward to my next business trip to the Novi/Detroit area and will certainly stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KENNETH B
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here between 26 Apr - 3 May 2012. during this period two conventions were held at this hotel. Open alcohol drinking and partying was done in view of the staff in the lobby and outside the main lobby doors also in the elevator during the day and throughout the night. Empty liquor bottles were spewed about the elevators and on the front grounds. we were repeatedly awakened throughout the night by drunks singing and yelling in the floor halls. Staff did nothing to prevent or stop these occurences from happening and disturbing other guests.
During our stay we went to the restaurant area and ordered two cups of ice cream that came to eight dollars and change. I handed the cashier a twenty dolllar bill and she refused to take it saying she could not get change for it. She required me to put it on my room charge. Would never stay at a Sheraton hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple