“Great location for business”

Sheraton Detroit Novi
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 18 July 2012

If you are traveling to the western suburbs of Detroit for work, this is a very nice place to stay. The hotel is older but has been updated. Nice lobby area. Very clean room with a very comfortable bed and nice linens. Super convenient to the freeway and a nice mall. Don't let them give you a room near the elevator though as it can be a bit noisy with people coming and going.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I booked this room on a discount travel site last minute so I was unsure what I was getting. I paid a Motel 6 price and felt like I was staying at the 4Seasons..only $56..holy moly!!!. What a beautiful hotel, friendly staff. Lots of food and shopping nearby and right by the expressway. Its actually in Auburn Hills, so if you want something closer to Novi, this may not be perfect..about a 10 minute car ride with traffic to Novi.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank linza112
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I booked this property last minute though Hotels.ca for a single night stop over and got a great price (under $80 including tax). It can be a gamble booking a place sight unseen, but I was pleasantly surprised with the Sheraton. Although the hotel is not new, it has a very nice lobby and updated rooms with comfy beds, new furniture and modern/new bedspreads and blinds. My only complaint with the room was that the air conditioner didn't seem very cold no matter how low I set it. They have a gym that is open 24 hours and a nice pool area that is open very early (i think 5 am). We went for a swim at 8 am and had the pool to ourselves. Hallway leading to the pool could use a little work and there were some rust stains on the bottom of the pool, but very clean. What made the hotel for us were the outstanding staff members that we dealt with during our short stay. The young man at the front desk when we checked in was very helpful and hand delivered a crib for us within minutes and then helped us bring our bags into the room and refused a tip saying it was his pleasure. He was very friendly and started our stay on the right foot. The next morning we got off the elevator en route to the pool at the wrong floor and a cleaning lady got back on with us and walked us right into the pool, laughing and chatting the entire time to our family. The man when we checked out was also a delight, funny, friendly and pointed us in the right direction of a starbucks. So often hotel staff are either rude or indifferent, but the three employees that we dealt with were absolutely delightful and for that reason I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I am ever in the area. Overall, it was a nice hotel for a really good price.

2  Thank KrakaLaka
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Needed to attend the area recently (during July 4th timeframe). Recently adopted hunting dog puppy and required appropriate accommodations for both. Booked through Hotels.com to save some funds. EVERYTHING truly was best possible (very rare EVERYTHING is 'perfect'). July 4th Holidays facilitated the closure of the Club-level ... which actually WAS the SOLE reason I booked the property. I had called the hotel directly (four times actually --- AND they WERE aware of my dates required) ... never once was told of July 4th closure. The hotel DID attempt to make-better the circumstance and were basically cordial, though their endeavors weren't REALLY needed ,,,, all was fine as-was, though what they offered WAS appreciated.

They were kind to the pup, and do best=possible with rooms for animals, et al.

Without hesitation I would return, and would recommend.

Room Tip: Back of hotel, away from shopping
1  Thank SWFTravelsALot
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The rooms are clean and the staff is great. They are always friendly. The hotel had a lot of children staying there. But, they were generally quiet. The hotel has excellent pool facilities for family's.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I only stayed in the hotel for one night but I have to say that this place need to be re-modelled NOW. I am a Starwood member and I have been always upgraded to that level but apparently at this hotel I am not a gold/platinum member so I could not be on a higher floor. Shocking considering I have never be told this by any of the SPG hotels I have stayed at. The rooms were suppose to be renovated but that was 5 years ago and they cheaped out on it !!! The hotel should not be considered a SHERATON....it's a disgrace !!!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Arrived at 4: 10 pm and room on Club floor was not ready. Front desk agent was pleasant as were all employees during my 3 night stay. Club floor offers drinks and hot items during week from 5:30-8 pm BUT, this was not set up until 6 pm day I visited . Club room is nice as it has TV, Computer and printer as well as snacks and soft drinks, coffee and bottled water throughout the day...Keeping everything stocked was done in VERY haphazard fashion. Rooms on Club floor are to receive free wireless internet in their sleeping room, but charge for 3 days was on my bill...Hotel should be more attentive...Reason for Average hotel rating is the attentiveness to detail, and the little things i mentioned above. Overall stay and hotel room were fine, bed was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo