“Not What I expected”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
San Fran
“Not What I expected”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Ok. For a Sheraton I was expecting more then I got. First when I arrived in the room and tried to plug in my laptop using the plugs on the desk lamp, the desk lamp was so poorly designed it didnt have enough clearance to allow any plugs to be used (worthless).

Second, the pillow situation was very bad. All four pillows had the exact same firmness and really werent comfortable.

Finally and most importantly, the sheraton gyms are very sparse and not enough equipment for a Sheraton.

Works as a quick business stay but not my favorite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank semimu
Novi S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel. We appreciate your feedback on our recently renovated multimillion updates and upgrades. The information you provided on the desk lamps is extremely helpful and will be shared with our design team. We truly hope you will stay with us again at the conclusion of our renovations which will be July 1, 2014.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future please reach out to our Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel directly.

Respectfully yours,

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The only pros about this hotel is it's close to everything and the bed is comfortable. The hotel was clean but the staff was unhelpful (we asked about the pool after hours and she simply said it opens again at 5:30 am but the sign on the wall by the pool said ask for assistance if you want access after hours), walls very thin (I heard a phone conversations in the next room), small bathrooms, pillows were too soft. Its a addItional fee for everything. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley T
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I had just returned from out of the country and came here to stay for a night before mothers day before heading home. My boyfriend had a mishap booking a room through a third party website and had booked a room for the wrong day. Gary at the desk was so helpful getting us into a room and working with the third party company to make all the necessary changes so we had a place to stay. We had an awesome dinner in the restaurant while Gary fixed our problem. The staff was so friendly and helpful and after a long day of traveling I really appreciated the hospitality and cleanliness of the hotel. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was at the Sheraton Novi, Michigan for a convention. The rooms and meeting areas have been renovated and the lobby area will be completed soon. It was an excellent stay. Immaculately clean, quiet, and an exceptionally comfortable bed. The room was spacious and well appointed, although it felt a bit dark at some times during the day due to the color palette of the walls and floors. The food was served through the convention for all meals, but it was exceptional as well. I would stay there as a regular guest if needing to be in Novi again.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a quiet area away from major roads and highways as far as noise.
Green Features: Very good. Although I put out the "do not change the towels" sign they did anyway. Lighting is environmentally sound.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We happen to be staying at the Sheraton during a "Furry" Convention (at least that's what we were told). We arrived to quite a bizarre scene in the lobby, not to mention the lobby is being renovated. For us, it made for a very awkward stay to say the least. Thank goodness we were NOT travelling with young children, we would have had to leave the hotel. The room was not cleaned very well, black fuzz & marks on the carpet, dust on the edge of the tub, and very heavy dust on the tissue box & toilet paper holder, and black marks on the bathroom floor. We stayed for 2 days, and the room did not appear any cleaner the 2nd day. We used the ice bucket, but it was not cleaned, nor a fresh bag in it for the next day. The hotel does not provide free internet, which in this day and age seems absurd - nor does it provide a free breakfast (which really isn't a big deal). Very limited (convenient) parking, bed was a tad hard, and not sure if it was because of the "furry convention" but it was very noisy. I just was NOT very impressed. We travel often to this area, my first time at the Sheraton, and it will be my last.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Sheraton Detroit Novi has excellent service and the front desk staff is well trained and courteous. The room was clean and well appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable with lots of nice pillows with varying firmness. Well done! The only mishap I had was about 4:00 a.m. the vent from the heating/air conditioning unit fell out of the wall onto the foot switch for the floor lamp, so I heard a loud THUD! followed by a bright light coming on in my room at 4:00 AM!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Novi S, Manager at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
GarthL,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am sorry to here about the issue with the vent cover in your room and I assure you that this was reviewed with our team. I'm please to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our bed. It may be of interest for you to know that you can purchase our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® bed online at Sheraton.com. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Warm Regards,
Randi Hamilton, Hotel Manager
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed more than 5 times in this hotel and this is always my first choice. Very well located hotel, with nice and comfortable room and nice employees.
Just the breakfast has not so many options and would be improved.

Room Tip: Avoid the end of floor because of the doors that employees use to clean the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Novi S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hello SAULOCF - Thank you for your kind review. The Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel prides its self on our service and making our guests feel special during their stay. Our hotel is near the end of a multi-million dollar renovations. We look forward to your continued loyalty and hope you enjoy future stays with us.

-Kelly Card,DOSM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novi
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Staybridge Suites - Novi
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Livonia/Novi
Courtyard Detroit Novi

Been to Sheraton Detroit Novi? Share your experiences!