“Can't do better than the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Novi Oaks Hotel

Novi Oaks Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Novi
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Can't do better than the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The night of the festivities we checked in -- the staff working at the front desk was so friendly and They worked together really well. Their names were David and Paige. The room was great also! AC felt good during the hot day, the bed was so comfortable with nice pillows, and everything was very clean. It was so nice that there was both an indoor and outdoor pool. The reception for the ballroom was great as well! I'll definitely be staying here again when I visit the married couple.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Prot St Lucie, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

the front office staff is great they made my entire trip magnificent. I love this hotel and next time I have to come in for business I will be sure to stay at this establishment. Also, I will be sure to make sure that if I ever travel on a family vacation will make this hotel the first stop after the plane.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I loved the hotel and the ammenities and the staff and would be glad to come back to the hotel anytime!!The location and breakfast and indoor and outdoor pool areas and the landscaping and the flowers were all awesome!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Based on the rate, my expectations were lower for my recent stay at the Crowne Plaze Novi, but upon arrival, I determined my expectations should have been lower. I checked in without problem, but upon entering my room, I found the air to be blasting to a very cool 65 degrees. All over the room were the tent cards stating how "green" Crowne Plaza wants to be regarding towels, linen changes, yet they set the temperature to a very chilly, and wasteful temperature.

There were two pillows at the foot of my bed that didn't have pillowcases and the two pillows at the head of my bed, had ragged, old pillowcases, which I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a nicer one on top of them. Needless to say, I put a towel over one of them to sleep.

There was an iron in the room, but no ironing board. And the tub spicket, was loss and when pulling the knob to operate the shower head, the spicket came off the tile and drooped.

The internet was also shoddy. It worked and then it wouldn't. I was in Novi for business and unfortunately I had to gain access, which proved challenging.

Disappointing stay at the hotel. When I checked out and mentioned the lack of pillowcases and lack of ironing board, the front desk person seemed to care very little.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear sparty_10,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Hotel Detroit-Novi and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry for the lack of pillowcases and ironing board in your room as well issues with tub spicket. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera M
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Novi hotels

Egchel, netherlands.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Normally I am staying in the Baronette, close by.
This time I was booked here in the Crowne Plaza. Actually a good hotel, nice setting inside the hotel.
What other reviewers write too, is true, the hotel is no longer new.
On the other hand it was clean and I found the price/quality was also good.

Breakfast in the Deli, in the same building: fast service, nice portions [that is: not too big!]

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Furniture is falling apart. Pillows are the worse of any hotel ever. Expect to wait hours if you need extra towels. Don't bother asking for more tissues if you run out because they'll never bring them. You might want to bring clothes pins because you'll need them for your nose if you use the lobby restrooms

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank musussman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear musussman,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work
very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we
strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. It sounds like we fell below
your expectations especially on our staff services, furniture and
bathroom amenities. We take all reviews positive and negative very
seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or
your next visit.

Orlando A.
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We checked in and when we entered our room, the smell was so bad we had to leave (sulphur?). They gave us another room, which seemed fine. The indoor pool is in the middle of the hotel so the whole lobby area is humid and warm. So was our room. The air conditioning never worked the whole weekend. Didn't really notice it at first because the whole hotel was hot.
Workout room was dark and couldn't they put a fan in there? ugh.
Pillows are the worst I've ever seen. They've obviously attempted to redo the rooms...but forgot to get new toilets.
The staff were very nice. The food was good in the deli but the service was so slow, some of us had to leave without ever getting our food.
Used a groupon so it was pretty cheap, but would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear lisa829,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and the food in the deli.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the the room amenities such as the air conditioning and the pillows as well as the condition of the workout room. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.