“Nice hotel”

We only slept there.
Nice clean room.
Very nice pillows.
Quiet overall
Bathroom is small for 2 people.
Would be nice if they had a continental breakfast.
Over all a nice place.
Would stay there again.
We booked through hotels.com

• Stayed September 2013
LBurchCpNovi, General Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi! Your positive comments will be shared with the entire staff of the hotel.! Please let us know when you are in town again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

A large hotel on 2 floors. It is close to shopping at Twelve Oaks Mall. There is a bar & restaurant attached to the hotel & also local companies deliver in.Indoor & out door pool & a very nicely landscaped pool terrace area. Rooms facing the outdoor pool have balconies & there is also a communal balcony for guests who do not have their own balcony. The rooms are large, clean & comfortable & the beds very comfortable with plenty of pillows. This is an ideal hotel for all ages & needs. We booked through HOTWIRE & got a good deal; we have stayed here before & were not disappointed to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the outdoor pool for a nice view. Or ask for a downstairs, internal room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
LBurchCpNovi, Front Office Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know that you had an excellent experience with the Crowne Plaza Detroit-Novi,MI. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring your experience to our attention.

We are very fortunate to be located in the Novi, MI area! Our guests love the fabulous shopping areas and tons of restaurant options. It was our pleasure to service you and very pleased that you enjoyed the wonderful courtyard view from your room.

We look forward to having you as a return guest. :~)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I left my room each morning by 8am and returned after 530. When I returned each night they either did not clean the room at all or they were just finishing. The front desk is very professional and courteous, but it doesn't seem they can solve the issue.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marknbr
I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay with us. Please forgive us for not servicing your room with in an appropriate time. It truly saddened me to read your comments and to know that our staffing issues are so visible to our guest.
As the front office manager, I try my best to make sure that the front office team is always professional, polite and empathetic to our guest. I will try my best to think of ideas and or tools for them to us to assist them in situations such as yours. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your experience with me in detail. I am always available to assist in any way possible.
I thank you for completing a survey and bringing this matter to my attention. I will most certainly share your survey with our management staff.

Have an excellent day! We look forward to servicing you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Novi hotels

Wyandotte, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was a quick stay that ended up costing me 5x the price of the room. I checked in on saturday- room was small but fine for sleeping. My two friends and i went to fountain walk for dinner, movie, bowling and came back to sleep wake up shower and leave. I was charged for the room after check out (sunday). On Monday afternoon I was then charged $400.00!!!! I was never called or notified in any way so I called and was told i broke a table in the room. I was given no other answers but was told I could go to the hotel to see pictures.

So I packed up my 4 year old and 1 year old and drove over an hour to go talk to them as I knew this was a mistake. I gave ample time and opportunity to be assisted and I was not. I was told the manager wasn't in and that I couldn't see or have the table (that I was charged for) as it was in the dumpster. I was shown pictures that were of a DESTROYED table but was told it was standing in the room until the maid moved it and it then fell apart. The pictures had no background present as I would have loved to see if it was even my room. I was told the room was occupied so I couldn't see that either.

Later I was told it was actually a marble topped desk and should have only been $200.00, they made a "mistake" I haven't seen any change in my bank account and we didn't have a desk in our room. Days later when I finally spoke to someone again I was told it was a "mistake" again and it wasn't marble topped it was a regular desk (again we didn't even have a desk in our room) and I would only be charged $150.00. I have seen no refunded money, I don't have the desk I was charged for, and no explanation for all of the "mistakes" and why I'm being charged for a table that was standing until one of their employees moved it....seems fishy to me.

End story: STAY AT THE HILTON GARDEN INN or RESIDENCE INN they are in the same location and easier to get to and you wont be in the hole after it all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aimee O
LBurchCpNovi, General Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Detroit Novi, your comments are very important to us.
It is the hotel's policy to collect a deposit at the time of check in for incidentals or damages from all guests. Our guest service associates do state that policy at check in.
Upon hearing about your concern, I investigated the room and pictures of the broken desk and found that the desk was not our new marble top desk but was a wood desk that was broken. As a result, we reduced your charge to $150 instead of the original $400 for the cost to repair or replace the desk.
We certainly do apologize for not informing you immediately of the charges and are implementing a policy to follow up with guests after check out when damages do occur to the guest rooms.
We hope that you will understand that we have deposit policies in order to ensure the quality of our hotel for all of our guests and their future stays at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Detroit Novi.
Thank you once again for your comments and we wish to ensure you that they are taken very seriously.
Kalamazoo, Mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was on a list of suggested hotels that my employer provided to me, and my previous experience with Crowne Plaza's has been very positive. This one, howver, is a different story. It would appear that the building used to be a Sheraton (?) as the access street is Sheraton Drive, with no Sheraton hotel nearby. Parking is very inconvenient relative to the main entrance, and inside it is tired and in need of repair. Examples: During my stay, their main computer system was down, the main elevator was broken and unusable, the remaining elevators were located far away and all needed work (lights burned out, things broken, loud squeaks). The hallways are dark and not air conditioned. The room itself was OK. Best part of the hotel was the breakfast, which was unexpectedly good and I would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear IrishAyes8490,

Thank you for your review, detailing the good and highlighting the opportunities to improve. I am very pleased that the breakfast served during your stay met your expectations. However, I'd like to apologize that we fell below your expectations on many aspects especially with the state of the facilities on site and parking being inconvenient. We take all feedback seriously and we will use your comments to improve on our efforts.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kalamazoo, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel was fairly decent. The staff seemed extremely friendly. The pools were nice. I really liked the fact that there was an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. The location of the indoor pool was interesting. It was right in the lobby. Really nice for not having that whole stuffy, chlorine filled room that most hotels have but I was not going to swim in the pool that was right in the lobby. The kids said it was really nice though. Kind of loud when you first walk in the hotel and the pool is full of kids.

The elevators were a little on the scary side. A little jumpy. I would have liked to have more than 3 towels in the room, we had to go track down extras. I think any time that a room is set up to have 4 people sleep in it, they should have at least enough towels & washclothes for all of the guests.

The room was nice. The hotel overall was nice. It was quite, the beds were comfortable. One funny thing I noticed was that the faucets on the bathroom sink were backwards, the hot and cold were switched from normal.

I would stay there again, especially for the price we got on hotwire.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
LBurchCpNovi, Front Office Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip adviser review for our hotel. Our guest feedback is very valuable to us. Happy to know that the kids loved the pool and that you as parents also loved the option of having both and indoor and outdoor pool accessible for you.

I truly apologize for your having to track down your own towels during your stay with us. We want you to know that we offer 24 hour staff assistance for all of our guests needs at just a phone call away. During your next stay with us put us to the test.... We will try our best to make your stay more than a nice place to stay for a night! We promise.

Have a great day and thanks again :~)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Not a great stay. Felt like i needed to wear my shoes in all areas of the room. Staff did respond promptly when it sounded like maybe a movie was being shot in the room next to me.
Good gym, lots of room. Close to Cherry blossom restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
One of the great assets to the Crowne Plaza is our wonderful staff! I am always pleased to know that our staff responded quickly to our guest needs and concerns and also that they were able to make your stay more comfortable. We apologize if our other guests were unruly and usually when noise complaints are made we take them very seriously, we have a no tolerance for disruptive behavior. Please accept our apologies for the incident.

Glad that you enjoyed our gym, please feel free to let us know if you have suggestions of which may improve our facility. We thank you for caring enough to let us know the good and bad and would love your feedback on ways to improve.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and offer direct contact information if you feel the need to share ideas, give feedback or if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. I can be reached @ lburch@cpnovi.com.