“Incredible service and staff, good location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Seminole, Florida
“Incredible service and staff, good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The service was exceptional from the moment I checked in with the front desk agent Delana. The staff at this hotel takes great care in seeing to it that guests are comfortable and taken care of. In the dining room our server, Patience, was most courtesous and effiecent. The general manager, Keith Alexander, was in the lobby at all hours making sure everyone was taken care of. I loved the manager's reception in the evening and in the morning a large breakfast buffet is set up with many items to choose from, as well as an omlet station. I enjoyed the fitness room every morning... the equipment is new and their are plenty of machines. The large windows in the fitness room look out into the courtyard where I saw robins in the trees each morning. I used the hotel shuttle to take me to the nail salon in the shopping plaza nearby and also the guest computers in the lobby. The lobby, with the fireplace, bar and comforable furniture make the hotel most inviting. The only suggestion I have is that it would be nice to have self service coffee in the lobby. I will stay here next time I visit Novi.

Room Tip: Room 277 looks out over a small lake
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Detroit, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel's staff and service is so good. Breakfast much better. Swiming pool and health fitness is good but little small. A lot of family group enjoying a upper utilities. But wifi and internet is some problem. and some kind of bug problem.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Gilford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Every aspect of the hotel was high quality. From the cookie on arrival to the full breakfast pre departure the staff looked after our comfort and needs. The rooms have been redone again even though this was our third time at the hotel for a trade show.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Norton Shores, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first time staying at a Doubletree Hotel and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was!! It is conveniently located near the highway and has lots of restaurants nearby to chose from. Definitely plan to stay here next time I am in the area!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Fort Wayne, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were greeted with a very friendly staff. Loved the breakfast and service. The cookies were a plus. Wished there were more luggage carts available, we never did find one. An excellent place. We used the pool and hot tub, both were excellent with plenty of towels. Breakfast was excellent and variety of food was exceptional. Very good.

Ijamsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

For the past 4 years my friends and I have traveled to Novi, MI, to attend the Great Lakes MegaMeet - a papercrafter's dream come true experience. The Showcase Convention Center has convenient parking, a large space for over 70 vendors to display their unique wares, and classes, classes, classes, for every level of crafting from beginner to advanced. The only other thing I needed was a place to rest my weary shopping feet. missing. This year there is a hotel attached to the Showplace, but as usual, it filled quickly. The Hilton Garden Inn, our usual choice, was also filled. Being a Hilton Honors rewards member, I looked for another Hilton product in the area and was pleasantly surprised to find the Doubletree. It is an older hotel but has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. We were able to obtain a room suitable for our needs, and even received tickets for the free breakfast buffet for the 3 days of our stay. I thought we would only get muffins and coffee, some cold cereal perhaps. Oh no, this was a FULL breakfast bar that even included an omelette chef who would cook up a tasty treat with your choices of fixin's! The staff was friendly, courteous and mindful of our needs.
Demi - the front desk clerk made sure we got fresh, warm cookies upon our check-in and directed us where to park for the closest outer door to our room.
Sabrina - the Food Services Manager made sure we enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and asked if there was anything else we needed in our room. When we returned from a busy day at the MegaMeet and were in dire need of a fresh cup of coffee, she double-checked with our waitstaff person to make sure we got what we needed...even gave us two more of their delicious chocolate chip cookies.
Robin - the evening waitstaff and room service staffer made a great recommendation for our in-room evening dining on Friday night, called to let us know she was on her way to the room and delivered our Shrimp scampi over angelhair pasta with a light lemon sauce still warm and delicious.
Sharon and Sandra - the morning waitstaff who took care of us provided excellent service. Especially Sharon who on two consecutive mornings when I showed up looking for that first cup of coffee to take back to our room so that I could wake up enough to enjoy breakfast, made sure I got my coffee and cream efficiently and with a warm smile. I know it was inconvenient for her to take care of my request when she had tables full of diners, but she did it willingly and professionally. Either I looked particularly pitiful, or Sharon is just an exceptional employee.
Even before our arrival I received an e-mail from the manager, Keith Alexander, welcoming us to the Doubletree and giving us contact and directional information.
Staying at the Doubletree was a pleasant, safe, and relaxing experience. We plan to return next year. By the way it is only 2.4 miles from the convention center and they run a shuttle service anywhere within a 5-mile radius of the hotel. Although we did not take advantage of the shuttle, it was nice to know that if we did not want to drive, we did not have to worry about transportation. Thank you Doubletree for making our MegaMeet experience a most pleasant one.

Room Tip: Book early. Lots of events happening in Novi
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a great time working with the staff and loved the detail of attention they provided us during our stay and wedding reception. I would highly recommend your hotel and staff. Sabrina is the greatest. You are very lucky to have her. She was much more than a DoubleTree employee. Working with Sabrina was like working with a great and wonderful sister. Thank you so very much for everything. You made our day and stay very special. Sincerely, Daniel L. Creech

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends