“Unexpected pleasure”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Tyler, TX, United States
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

There is a small pond behind the hotel that has fish, turtles, ducks, etc. I enjoyed sitting on the bank and watching the "water life". The location was very convenient to place where I was attending a class. Location has many restaurants and shops.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is a modern design with a great courtyard. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast hours are 6am to 2pm and is the best quality food I have had at any hotel where breakfast is included. The fresh omlettes made by the staff where delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel based on the wonderful reviews on this site and we are happy we did. Katie at the reception desk was absolutely wonderful. She went out of her way to accommodate our many requests all while having a smile on her face. The minor issue we had with the television was quickly rectified by David who in return was nice enough to try and compensate us for such a small inconvenience. I stay at many hotels for travel and business and was pleasantly surprised by all the positive staff I encountered in this hotel. Our hotel suite was among one of the cleanest I've stayed at which just made our stay even more excellent. Thank you all!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by the staff at the door for a late night check-in. DeLana made our late night arrival and check-in quick, easy, and simple. Her knowledge of points of interest, locations, directions, and access was great. We appreciated her easing our late arrival frustrations due to construction work humor, attentiveness to our needs, and great service. Rooms are very clean, well designed, and spacious. The staff at the Novi Double Tree make this an excellent property to consider for your next trip.

• Stayed June 2014
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 25 June 2014

In general the room was noisy as very close to the laundry utilities of the hotel. In addition there has been always an ugly smell coming from the efflux of the bathroom. Finally our room has not been cleaned up one day despite we have left early every morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Benjamin W
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved the service!! The rooms do not have any fridge or microwave. Spoke with the front desk and they were able to put a fridge and microwave in my room!

Also, good breakfast! The fitness room is pretty good with three treadmills, two elliptical, free weights, and a weight machine.

Very pleased!

2 Thank Amit S
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed in this Double Tree for 4 days while on business in Novi. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff were accommodating. But there were problems.

Coming into the hotel, the road is littered with potholes so big that they could swallow a car. Now Michigan has a reputation for poorly maintained roads but if it were my business, I would insist that the city address the potholes -or do it myself and send the city an invoice. I'm glad I wasn't in my own car.

Everything about the hotel was nice until I needed to use their business center. They have installed computers that are virtually useless for business use because of all the "protections" that they had installed. They time out when you are in the middle of a work session or go into maintenance mode with little warning. I was unable to work on my own files without a USB drive because of restrictions that they had placed on the device. And the internet was too slow.

I pay for a business class hotel and expect to have the full services that are standard in such a place. I didn't have those here and was forced at a very late hour to find a FedEx Office facility that was open. This is unacceptable. I would recommend that the hotel management review it's policies for the business center. If they insist on restrictions that make the resource unusable, then I would suggest that they take it off their website.

I'm a HHonors Diamond traveler and have seen more Hilton brand hotels than 90% of the traveling pubic. This will be one property to which I will not return due to my problem which, by the way, was not resolved after 4 days when reported to staff..

Room Tip: The back of the hotel has quieter rooms but beware that Internet speeds are abysmal in the back room...