“Great place for a Quiet Vacation!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was a great place to host a Family Reunion! I just returned from our reunion this weekend and it was great place to relax and enjoy a big family gathering. A very clean town with shopping very convenient. A Walmart, TJMaxx, Shoe Carnival, Yogurt Shop, and much more. Also a mall that had a Macy's inside just across the street. Conveniently located was a place called the Lucky Strike Bowling area, and a place the kids could enjoy inside with arcade. I mean everything you needed within a mile or two. Great restaurants too.

The staff was by far the best that I've seen in a long time. A young lady, Loreal was just exceptional! Very nice and exceptionally kind to my entire family. You picked the right one to work the front desk. And she always made sure the hot cookies were there when we returned from a day of adventure. Rupert, the hotel shuttle driver, was a must to have. He was very nice and on time in picking us up and dropping us off whenever we needed to go shopping and dining. Patience was also very kind.

The beds were very comfortable and very clean. The only thing missing in my room that I wished we had was a small refrigerator. The pool was indoor and nice but a bit small. I had other things to do so never got to go swimming. But if you have kids they would enjoy it.

Overall, if I am ever back in Novi, this will be my place to return. Loved it. Hotel manager must be great.

Oh yeah, gotta work on those potatoes for breakfast. Maybe you can get the cooking time down correct. They were always too hard and cut to big and not fully cooked. But the cooks had the omelets down to a science. Fruit was always fresh and good. A big plus on serving Starbucks coffee!! I think it was available 24-7.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We came for a girls weekend with no expectations for what this hotel would be. We were blown away by the service and kindness we were met with when we walked through the lobby doors. Loreal at the front desk was so helpful in figuring out our extended check out time (2pm), a shuttle for our night out and helpful tips for local eats and nightlife. We had a blast and breakfast the next morning at the buffet in the lobby was delicious!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Entrance: The road leading to the hotel is a little beat up, but there are restaurants on the way and the parking lot is maintained. The hotel looks like a typical 3-star hotel from the outside.

Lobby: The lobby is very modern and there is a bar. It had a strange smell to it, though, as did the rest of the hotel. I guess it just wasn't my taste.

Hallways: Typical hotel hallway. However, there were some food crumbs outside of the catering area (no, not huge, but enough to notice and have to walk around to get to the rooms). I decided to check on it every hour to see if it would be cleaned up by a staff member. It was there for a few hours before someone finally vacuumed it up, and I saw several staff just walked by it.

Rooms: The rooms were not fabulous, but they weren't awful either. Nothing special. The desk chair was nice (although it wasn't in our room when we arrived) and the TV had several channels. There was a lack of power outlets in the room I had, as I only saw three total in the room, including only one at the desk, which was a lamp power outlet.

Cleanliness: The rooms were clean. However, they were not sparkling clean. There was dust and cob webs in most of the corners of the room and near the bed frames. There were spiders near the air conditioner and curtains. The beds were extremely clean, some of the most clean I have seen.

One thing that I cannot STAND about hotels (not just this one, although this hotel violates this too) is when the towels are placed right next to or above the toilet! This is completely unsanitary! In my room, the towels were placed under the sink almost touching the toilet. There were no cabinet doors to conceal the towels from the toilet. This should be addressed in this hotel, as well as many other hotels nationwide.

Sleep Quality: I slept pretty well on the beds -- they were comfortable and clean.

Service: The hotel often felt understaffed, as I rarely ran into a housekeeper. The front desk staff were nice and friendly.

Location: Located near many restaurants and activities.

Overall, I would say that this is a below average three star hotel. I would hesitate to recommend this hotel to others traveling in this area.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

There is a small pond behind the hotel that has fish, turtles, ducks, etc. I enjoyed sitting on the bank and watching the "water life". The location was very convenient to place where I was attending a class. Location has many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is a modern design with a great courtyard. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast hours are 6am to 2pm and is the best quality food I have had at any hotel where breakfast is included. The fresh omlettes made by the staff where delicious.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel based on the wonderful reviews on this site and we are happy we did. Katie at the reception desk was absolutely wonderful. She went out of her way to accommodate our many requests all while having a smile on her face. The minor issue we had with the television was quickly rectified by David who in return was nice enough to try and compensate us for such a small inconvenience. I stay at many hotels for travel and business and was pleasantly surprised by all the positive staff I encountered in this hotel. Our hotel suite was among one of the cleanest I've stayed at which just made our stay even more excellent. Thank you all!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by the staff at the door for a late night check-in. DeLana made our late night arrival and check-in quick, easy, and simple. Her knowledge of points of interest, locations, directions, and access was great. We appreciated her easing our late arrival frustrations due to construction work humor, attentiveness to our needs, and great service. Rooms are very clean, well designed, and spacious. The staff at the Novi Double Tree make this an excellent property to consider for your next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014