“No Toilet Paper”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Glen Allen, United States
“No Toilet Paper”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

When you check in, make sure there is toilet paper in the bathroom before you use the facility. Additionally, count the towels and ensure that you have enough for the day. The room was old and definitely due for remodeling.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Flint, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel was perfect. There were plenty of parking spaces. The location is close to the mall and restaurants. The room was clean. The cookies at check in were delicious and hot. The breakfast was great. The staff were helpful and nice. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great! Staff went above and beyond!! Will stay here again if there is a need. Great location close to everything. The cookies were warm and always there when I needed one. Breakfast buffet was made to order every morning what service. I will tell all my friends that need a great place to stay.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having stayed at this hotel (Wyndham, Crowne Plaza and now Doubletree) many times over the last 15-20 years when on business in the area it is a natural choice for me when visiting for a long weekend with my wife. The location is very convenient to highways, shopping and there are several restaurants that are walking distance in nice weather and a few minutes drive or shuttle ride if not. We especially enjoy Diamond Jim Bradys, Steve & Rockies and Bonefish.
We arrived at reception to discover that our room did not have the fridge that I had requested in my on-line booking, but the hotel receptionist went out of her way to get one for us and the overall check in and check out experience was extremely efficient, friendly and enjoyable. This trip, we did not get the opportunity to have breakfast on-site but past experiences were excellent and I would highly recommend it. There is a small cozy bar area which is very convenient. Our room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was clean and modern. Our room had a noisy a/c unit but I don't remember that happening before, so all in all once again a great choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a nice view of the pond. Ask for a fridge and microwave for your room w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was a great place to host a Family Reunion! I just returned from our reunion this weekend and it was great place to relax and enjoy a big family gathering. A very clean town with shopping very convenient. A Walmart, TJMaxx, Shoe Carnival, Yogurt Shop, and much more. Also a mall that had a Macy's inside just across the street. Conveniently located was a place called the Lucky Strike Bowling area, and a place the kids could enjoy inside with arcade. I mean everything you needed within a mile or two. Great restaurants too.

The staff was by far the best that I've seen in a long time. A young lady, Loreal was just exceptional! Very nice and exceptionally kind to my entire family. You picked the right one to work the front desk. And she always made sure the hot cookies were there when we returned from a day of adventure. Rupert, the hotel shuttle driver, was a must to have. He was very nice and on time in picking us up and dropping us off whenever we needed to go shopping and dining. Patience was also very kind.

The beds were very comfortable and very clean. The only thing missing in my room that I wished we had was a small refrigerator. The pool was indoor and nice but a bit small. I had other things to do so never got to go swimming. But if you have kids they would enjoy it.

Overall, if I am ever back in Novi, this will be my place to return. Loved it. Hotel manager must be great.

Oh yeah, gotta work on those potatoes for breakfast. Maybe you can get the cooking time down correct. They were always too hard and cut to big and not fully cooked. But the cooks had the omelets down to a science. Fruit was always fresh and good. A big plus on serving Starbucks coffee!! I think it was available 24-7.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We came for a girls weekend with no expectations for what this hotel would be. We were blown away by the service and kindness we were met with when we walked through the lobby doors. Loreal at the front desk was so helpful in figuring out our extended check out time (2pm), a shuttle for our night out and helpful tips for local eats and nightlife. We had a blast and breakfast the next morning at the buffet in the lobby was delicious!

• Stayed July 2014
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Entrance: The road leading to the hotel is a little beat up, but there are restaurants on the way and the parking lot is maintained. The hotel looks like a typical 3-star hotel from the outside.

Lobby: The lobby is very modern and there is a bar. It had a strange smell to it, though, as did the rest of the hotel. I guess it just wasn't my taste.

Hallways: Typical hotel hallway. However, there were some food crumbs outside of the catering area (no, not huge, but enough to notice and have to walk around to get to the rooms). I decided to check on it every hour to see if it would be cleaned up by a staff member. It was there for a few hours before someone finally vacuumed it up, and I saw several staff just walked by it.

Rooms: The rooms were not fabulous, but they weren't awful either. Nothing special. The desk chair was nice (although it wasn't in our room when we arrived) and the TV had several channels. There was a lack of power outlets in the room I had, as I only saw three total in the room, including only one at the desk, which was a lamp power outlet.

Cleanliness: The rooms were clean. However, they were not sparkling clean. There was dust and cob webs in most of the corners of the room and near the bed frames. There were spiders near the air conditioner and curtains. The beds were extremely clean, some of the most clean I have seen.

One thing that I cannot STAND about hotels (not just this one, although this hotel violates this too) is when the towels are placed right next to or above the toilet! This is completely unsanitary! In my room, the towels were placed under the sink almost touching the toilet. There were no cabinet doors to conceal the towels from the toilet. This should be addressed in this hotel, as well as many other hotels nationwide.

Sleep Quality: I slept pretty well on the beds -- they were comfortable and clean.

Service: The hotel often felt understaffed, as I rarely ran into a housekeeper. The front desk staff were nice and friendly.

Location: Located near many restaurants and activities.

Overall, I would say that this is a below average three star hotel. I would hesitate to recommend this hotel to others traveling in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family