“Great location, nice hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Oregon, USA
“Great location, nice hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Would stay there again. Great location to places to eat, shopping and easy freeway access. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean facilities and rooms. Warm cookie, infused water at entrance. Nice outdoor space. Again, helpful and excellent staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Traveled recently for work, and booked here for two reasons. First, the Garden Inn was fully booked. Second, based on the reviews from here. I travel frequently for work, and this was one of the dingiest roons I have ever stayed in. The TV is tiny, the desk is tiny, Few power ports in the room. The AC was set to the low 50's, so the room was an icebox when I got in. Spiders and mosqito's greeted me throughout the night. If I was staying for more than one night, I woudl probably have re-booked elsewhere. Next time I come to town, I will be staying elsewhere. To good things, though. One, is that the front desk staff was fantastic. The condition of the rooms should not take away from the pleasant demeanor and helpfulness of the staff. Second, it is close to most anything you could need.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you're looking for a quiet place to get away for a weekend, this might be it. The hotel is small with a very attentive staff, very clean, large rooms with sitting area. The breakfast assortments were very good with made to order meals to, a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

novi, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We loved every minute of our stay at the hotel. Staff was friendly rooms were cleaned and of course we loved the cookies. Room service was great and the managers were very professional. Definitely 5 star property. We will be definitely returning to this location.

Brandywine, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were in town for a funeral however the accommodations were great. The room was clean & smelled fresh. The breakfast buffet was affordable, it needs a little fine tuning but a good value. I will definitly stay there again. The warm cookie is aways a hit! Location is near mall & restaurants, Great staff!

Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked a family reunion at this location and from the beginning there was a struggle with the hotel staffing. Starting with the Sales team, communication proved to not be their strong point. The emails that were received were not clear and at most gave answers to questions that we did not ask. Two days before the event I received an email from the Sales team demanding "payment or the doors would not open." I replied with the date of my payment and simply received a "my apologies." That was just one instance of the gap in communication skills displayed by the Sales team. Now on to the hotel staffing, Upon our 1600 arrival we were told by a young lady who clearly did not want to be there that the rooms were not ready. Not sure why rooms weren't ready at 1600, but okay. The next day, housekeeping asked if I needed any service on the room. I informed her that yes the room would need to be serviced and to please leave one extra towel. Guess what, no towels were left in the room and the room had not been touched. Apparently this is normal, since our table had "special" nail polish designs all over it and cereal fell out when we tried to use the pull out sofa. On to another issue, I had previously had a discussion on multiple occasions (with the Sales team) regarding family members being taken to a nearby park recommended BY the hotel. The day of the event, they did recall the conversation however I was told that they could not transport anyone to the park because no commitments were made. Even though the hotel has a commitment to each guest to transport them anywhere within a five mile radius. Guests who called from the park were told that they needed to wait since the hotel did not have the manpower to run the shuttle. The weekend manager, who I only met once in passing, simply relayed messages thru the few staff members that were available as she sat in a corner of the dining area playing with a baby. Our Catering Manager Sabrina seemed to be the only saving grace of the whole weekend. She demonstrated great customer service while having to wear many hats. She assisted us on Friday and Saturday evening and greeted us in the morning as she manned the omelet station for breakfast. I could go on and on and will for the corporate office in a separate letter on the many, many issues that I had with the staffing at this location. Overall, I am truly disheartened. I am a Hiltons Honors Member and because of my profession have stayed at a fair share of Hilton hotels and have not ever received this type of service. Though the hotel claims that "Excellent is not just a word, it is the attitude and level of performance that we choose to be EVERY day!" I guess that doesn't apply on the weekends.

2 Thank Latisha M
Amhurst, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

very good place to stay,eat, and enjoy . Staff was pleasant and the place was clean as you walk threw the hall ways they were all clean, Pool areas was clean outside grounds was clean and well lighted

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business