TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi
US$129
Country Inn
US$146
GardenInn.com
Sheraton Detroit Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$125
  • Pool
US$121
US$117
US$191
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$133
Hotels.com
US$152
Courtyard
All reviewswe stayed in a two bedroomoutdoor pooltwo night stayclose to great restaurantsshoppingrefrigeratormallinterstaterepair
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Came in to visit relatives, quick one night stay, needed 2 bedroom. All I could find was TownePlace (wanted Residence Inn). When I entered bathroom: found dirty q-tip on floor, strange smell, dirty film on bathtub, old bath towels. I thought room would be nicer due to renovations, but not so. Mentioned this to desk clerk all he says is sorry. No offer to change rooms or discount on room. Have been rewards member for many years, however WILL NOT STAY AT MARRIOTT EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mom2holiday
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I apologize for it taking so long to respond to your comments, I do am so sorry for the less than perfect stay at the TownePlace Suites. We had been going through renovations for quite a few months, however that does not excuse a less than perfect room. I do appreciate your comments and feel that we have come a long way in the past couple of months, so I hope you can give us one more chance.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

WARNING - If you want a clean room, with no safety hazards, avoid this property.

Rooms - Dirty (See Pictures), food all over the room, stains on the furniture, hair in the shower, table had something sticky on it. Worse of all, there was an exposed wire in the room. Just nasty and dirty.

Bathroom - Dirty tub with hair left from previous guests. Bathroom light was dim.

Parking lot - Full of potholes and not well lit, as a result, I twisted my ankle in the lot thanks to a huge pothole.

Common areas - Someone should explain to the staff at this property that the elevator is part of the hotel and needs to be cleaned, as is the stairs, hallways and glass doors. None of which were even close to being clean.

Staff - Borderline rude, when I asked if they were under renovation (there were work trucks in the lot) the front desk clerk said "we're done with renovations". If the room I was put in was reciently renovated, they should ask for a refund from the construction company.

When I complained that the room was dirty I was asked why I didn't say anything when I check in. I checked in at 3 p.m. and went directly to a family event, didn't get back to the hotel until after 10 p.m. Instead of trying to fix the problem, he tried to blame me for not letting them know eariler.

Had to argue with the desk clerk to have him walk me to another hotel because they didn't have a clean room for my family and I. The staff needs to be trained on the Marriott Elite Guarantee policy.

Just terrible. Marriott needs to tear this place down and start over. I recommend the Residence Inn - Novi or Courtyard - Novi over this property any day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank randynovak
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

We do appreciate your feedback of our hotel. Our hotel is currently under renovations; however we do realize it doesn't excuse a less than perfect stay with us. We are dedicated to making the necessary improvements to ensure a perfect stay for every guest.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place was a great value. We had a newly renovated room with a comfortable bed, a full kitchen, a sitting area with a couch, and a desk and chair (and free strong wifi). The place was clean, there were nice choices at a cold breakfast buffet, and overall the hotel was perfect for our two-night stay. There's a shopping mall across the road with a wide choice of restaurants, too. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyL653
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for all the positivie feedback.We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

As Marriott gold members, we were pleased to have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was roomy, with two separate bedrooms (each with queen bed), connected to a small living room/kitchen/dining room, and a single bath. It's a very good layout for a family. There are three flat screen tv's in the "room," so that makes it even better when traveling with kids.

However, the hotel needs some major updating. And we learned first hand, that this updating is in progress - when the workers started sawing and moving furniture (or something heavy) in the room directly above us. It was 8 am, so we were already up....but the noise was very loud, so it was hard to enjoy being in the room. The kitchen appliances were all very old, and there were a few mismatched dishes in the cupboards. No coffee maker, but there was a rice steamer!? The microwave didn't work. If you want ice, you have to go to the main building.

When we left, we noted lots of storage containers, so it appears the remodel is imminent - so stayed tuned - the bones are good, so with some updating and TLC, it could be a very convenient property!

Room Tip: ask to be placed in room away from the "renovation"
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelCapl
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest,
I want to take the time to apologize for your less than perfect stay at the Towne Place Suites Novi. Our hotel is going through a renovation at this time, however I apologize that it affected your stay with us. We will have all newly updated rooms soon and hope that you give us another chance to make it a GREAT stay at the Towne Place Suites Novi. We thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We usually board the dog for weekends away from home but needed to bring the 50 pound pet with us this time. The two bedroom was perfect for us! It gave us room for the dog and our children. The youngst declared that the room was just as comfortable as our home. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was decent. This was our third stay at this hotel and we will keep coming back when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your loyalty to the TownePlace Suites! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are thrilled our accommodations fit your needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.