“Great for the money, great staff”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Came to trip advisor after I stayed here specifically to write a good review and was surprised to see all the bad ones. For the money, you are not going to get the Marriott or the Hilton. However, it is clean, set up well for a business traveler or family, and the staff was great. I spend about 1/4 of my nights in hotels, and I will definitely choose this place again.
-Bed: Super A+
-Breakfast: Just right for a quick bite before hitting the road (and free)
-Fitness Room: Small, not much there, but you can walk across the parking lot to the courtyard and use theirs.

Best of all was the staff. Night guy shifted my room so I could stay in the main building since it was snowing and cold. Bonnie, the manager, even went up to my room and grabbed a few things I forgot after I checked out and had them waiting on me at the desk when I came back by later in the day. She was super cool.

In short, don't stay here. It will make more room for me when I am back in the area!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadKing2929
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip and was here for 30+ days. I ended up calling my company and asking to be moved. I travel a lot for work and this was the most miserable stay I have ever had. My room was clean as it had recently been remodeled and I loved the desk area. It is also close to shopping and restaurants The noise level here was the worst ever. I could not get a decent nights sleep or even think during the day to work from the room. It seems the walls are made of paper. They were working on the parking lot when I was there and there was NEVER anyplace for me to park when I got in from work. The front desk instructed me to park at a nearby business complex but then other front desk staff told me not to as it was not safe for me to be walking over at night. There were a lot of small issues that I don't want to write about here. All I can say is that I would keep looking as there are better places nearby. Staying here has cured me of considering Towne Place Suites for future business trips.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that faces the water and not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I am so sorry to hear about your experience staying here at the TownePlace Suites, I know the parking lot issue was a huge inconvenience!! However all construction has been completed, I would love it if you gave us one more chance to make it right for you!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed in building "B". Entrance was dirty, carpet stained. Elevator had debris on floor, third floor carpet in hall was also dirty.

Actual room was not too bad, although some garbage had been left behind. Towels were not the best quality.

Breakfast on the go, was fine.

Not a very good place for the money. Need to lower rate by about 20/night, and then it would fit the conditions of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

I want to say thank you for your comments, and I showed this to my housekeeping and engineering staff. Our public areas have become a focus for us here and I hope that you give us another chance to get it right for you.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Freshly updated with new appliances, fresh paint and new mattress - this is a good value for your vacation dollar! We come at least once a year from Ontario to go to MIS and the NASCAR race - we love the Novi area for great shopping and terrific eateries - we can walk to so many great spots from this hotel. We love having a full kitchenette and very friendly staff - Tavan was very helpful with our check in and follow up service - we will be back!

Room Tip: We prefer to stay on the main floor and ask not to be beside the pool(less chance for noise)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cath_Mike_11

Thank You so much for your comments, we have been working hard to ensure keep up the hard work with are very recent renovations!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Came in to visit relatives, quick one night stay, needed 2 bedroom. All I could find was TownePlace (wanted Residence Inn). When I entered bathroom: found dirty q-tip on floor, strange smell, dirty film on bathtub, old bath towels. I thought room would be nicer due to renovations, but not so. Mentioned this to desk clerk all he says is sorry. No offer to change rooms or discount on room. Have been rewards member for many years, however WILL NOT STAY AT MARRIOTT EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mom2holiday

I apologize for it taking so long to respond to your comments, I do am so sorry for the less than perfect stay at the TownePlace Suites. We had been going through renovations for quite a few months, however that does not excuse a less than perfect room. I do appreciate your comments and feel that we have come a long way in the past couple of months, so I hope you can give us one more chance.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

WARNING - If you want a clean room, with no safety hazards, avoid this property.

Rooms - Dirty (See Pictures), food all over the room, stains on the furniture, hair in the shower, table had something sticky on it. Worse of all, there was an exposed wire in the room. Just nasty and dirty.

Bathroom - Dirty tub with hair left from previous guests. Bathroom light was dim.

Parking lot - Full of potholes and not well lit, as a result, I twisted my ankle in the lot thanks to a huge pothole.

Common areas - Someone should explain to the staff at this property that the elevator is part of the hotel and needs to be cleaned, as is the stairs, hallways and glass doors. None of which were even close to being clean.

Staff - Borderline rude, when I asked if they were under renovation (there were work trucks in the lot) the front desk clerk said "we're done with renovations". If the room I was put in was reciently renovated, they should ask for a refund from the construction company.

When I complained that the room was dirty I was asked why I didn't say anything when I check in. I checked in at 3 p.m. and went directly to a family event, didn't get back to the hotel until after 10 p.m. Instead of trying to fix the problem, he tried to blame me for not letting them know eariler.

Had to argue with the desk clerk to have him walk me to another hotel because they didn't have a clean room for my family and I. The staff needs to be trained on the Marriott Elite Guarantee policy.

Just terrible. Marriott needs to tear this place down and start over. I recommend the Residence Inn - Novi or Courtyard - Novi over this property any day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank randynovak
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

We do appreciate your feedback of our hotel. Our hotel is currently under renovations; however we do realize it doesn't excuse a less than perfect stay with us. We are dedicated to making the necessary improvements to ensure a perfect stay for every guest.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place was a great value. We had a newly renovated room with a comfortable bed, a full kitchen, a sitting area with a couch, and a desk and chair (and free strong wifi). The place was clean, there were nice choices at a cold breakfast buffet, and overall the hotel was perfect for our two-night stay. There's a shopping mall across the road with a wide choice of restaurants, too. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyL653
Bonnie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for all the positivie feedback.We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms! We look forward to your next visit with us!